• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

I'm trying to buy Roy as DLC but when I go to purchase the eshop is trying to make me add a minimum of $10 in wii points or whatever. I don't want to pay $10, I want to pay $4 for the character and that's it, is there a way around this?

Piccoro

I'm trying to buy Roy as DLC but when I go to purchase the eshop is trying to make me add a minimum of $10 in wii points or whatever. I don't want to pay $10, I want to pay $4 for the character and that's it, is there a way around this?
You're trying to add funds to the eShop. Don't do that because the minimum is 10 bucks.
Instead you have to purchase the character, then on the payment part, select add new credit card, and they will charge you just the 4 dollars.

Yup GGs! Yeah not having to worry about dash slash really helped :p. I rarely use customs myself. Never with Dedede and sometimes the speedy bike and rose waft with Wario.
I do count it in Bowser's top 10 hardest Matchups. Fire Breath should really reflect the Gordos, because he has no other tools in the matchup.

JulianImp

Too... much... FD...

I think you shouldn't get too greedy with the lasers. You keep creating openings for me in exchange for 3-4%, which probably isn't worth it in the long run. Fire once or twice to rack up a bit of damage while minimizing the chances of getting punished.

Sorry for the FD spam I like the music lol. And yeah I started figuring out not to spam neutral b unless I wanted to get grabbed, thanks for the tip!

JulianImp

Sorry for the FD spam I like the music lol. And yeah I started figuring out not to spam neutral b unless I wanted to get grabbed, thanks for the tip!

It's okay, but you should try battling on different stages to get used to using (and abusing) platforms.

Right now you tried a laser when you were way too close to me, so I could punish you easily.

A trick for keeping opponents guessing when you'll land with Fox is to use the reflector for a split second (or even repeatedly), since it slows down your descent and can mess with opponents. Also, you should focus a bit more on the neutral game with tilts, jabs and grabs rather than rolling or spot dodging repeatedly. If you were Samus I could understand trying to make some space to let loose your projectiles, but with Fox I don't think you should rely on making space to use your lasers since they aren't good as actual projectiles (think of them as free 1-2% when your opponent is too far away to punish you).

Watching Zelda's replay channel is depressing...

So many bad Zelda's...I see like 4 losing matches before one barely winning one.

edit: And the one barely winning one in many cases Zelda dittos...

Watching Zelda's replay channel is depressing...

So many bad Zelda's...I see like 4 losing matches before one barely winning one.

edit: And the one barely winning one in many cases Zelda dittos...

I really need to play your Zelda, she was my second main in brawl. I need to remaster her in this game though......but other characters keep distracting me. @-@

JulianImp

I love dittos because they're a great way to see what somebody else can do with your character. I'm not a good Fox player by any means, but you should do well to remember a couple of things, such as how his neutral aerial has little to no landing lag, or how using your tilts more often is a good thing.

I love dittos because they're a great way to see what somebody else can do with your character. I'm not a good Fox player by any means, but you should do well to remember a couple of things, such as how his neutral aerial has little to no landing lag, or how using your tilts more often is a good thing.

Yeah I'm learning a lot from playing you, it's just a matter of getting my hands to keep up with my mind now haha. This is fun!

JulianImp

Yeah I'm learning a lot from playing you, it's just a matter of getting my hands to keep up with my mind now haha. This is fun!

That's good to hear! I guess you could ask someone who uses Fox regularily a bit about what his best combos or approaches are, since I'm mostly playing by ear, so I keep trying to do bad stuff such as using Fox Illusion to attack (you'd better not do that, since it has pitiful damage output and KO potential), or trying forward aerials when I won't be getting the final hit.

Do you know how to use Directional Influence (often abbreviated as DI) to influence the direction (duh) you're launched by an attack? You do it by tilting towards where you want to apply DI to, and it can lead to, say, escaping a throw or even a KO move (you'll know when someone has DIed well after a powerful attack because you'll see the sparks from a would-be killing blow but they won't get KOed). On the other hand, most of the times you see no sparks but the player gets KOed anyway it's probably because they DIed towards the direction they were launched in, so they actually added more launching power to the opponent's attack!

One more match and I'll go prepare dinner.

JulianImp

Lmao wayyyy too greedy on that last death. One more and then I need a break!

Oh, sorry but I've got some stuff to do now. Good games!

Focus on honing your Fox skills (o whoever you like, really!) and I bet you'll get used to the game in no time. You do have most basics down, now it's just a matter of practicing and making sure your Fox does exactly what you damn want at all times.

For Glory can be okay, but I feel like it sometimes reinforces bad habits when I battle opponents who make me believe I can roll or throw some moves with impunity only because they don't know how to counter those tactics (then I get owned by SmashGAF for even trying that stuff).

I could point you in Karsticle's general direction, since I do remember he once played somebody and did weird things such as only staying still, shielding and punishing for a whole match to help them learn which moves of theirs were safe and which weren't.

Oh, sorry but I've got some stuff to do now. Good games!

Focus on honing your Fox skills (o whoever you like, really!) and I bet you'll get used to the game in no time. You do have most basics down, now it's just a matter of practicing and making sure your Fox does exactly what you damn want at all times.

For Glory can be okay, but I feel like it sometimes reinforces bad habits when I battle opponents who make me believe I can roll or throw some moves with impunity only because they don't know how to counter those tactics (then I get owned by SmashGAF for even trying that stuff).

I could point you in Karsticle's general direction, since I do remember he once played somebody and did weird things such as only staying still, shielding and punishing for a whole match to help them learn which moves of theirs were safe and which w0eren't.

I think Karsticles did that with the person you are replying to... xD

Top Bottom