• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

FSLink

Banned
I'm not exaggerating here. I'm counting.

It took 22 Japanese players to match and drop in For Glory before one finally stayed.

C'mon.

On my JPN account it's not much better. :/ There's some really good players out there on the JP servers, and the majority doesn't do more than 1 match. The obsession with win percentage on JP For Glory is disgusting.

You never say anything needs a nerf, though. :p Prove me wrong and give me your list. ;) Also, I don't feel calling bullshit is disrespectful. You know I love you. My apologies if you were offended.

I think Heavy Skull Bash and Sheik's needles are the things most worthy of a nerf at the moment. A slight nerf to Kong Cyclone and Power VIsion would be nice too. Everything else I feel like other characters should get buffed or left as is. Let the meta figure out counters before nerfing things. I'd rather have more buffs to things.

Apology accepted.

Trust me, I feel you on that. I think that it would be fine for her dthrow to just always combo into uthrow, don't you?
I just want a custom move and not her shitty defaults. She's the only character I really like playing anymore so I unfortunately if customs get banned I'll probably just stop playing sm4sh. May Palutena RIP if that's the case because no one will be picking her up then.

edit: And honestly Palutena vs Mewtwo shows all her weaknesses. The only moves that out prioritize Mewtwo are shield moves, the rest of her shit has way too much start up time.

I just want a custom move and not her shitty defaults. She's the only character I really like playing anymore so I unfortunately if customs get banned I'll probably just stop playing sm4sh. May Palutena RIP if that's the case because no one will be picking her up then.

edit: And honestly Palutena vs Mewtwo shows all her weaknesses. The only moves that out prioritize Mewtwo are shield moves, the rest of her shit has way too much start up time.
You used to rock my Mewtwo consistently.

When I kill you with Disable and Usmash on prediction to your Super Speed, it is time to vary your play more.

I understand, believe me. Klaw is one terrible move, haha.

May Palutena RIP if that's the case because no one will be picking her up then.

A bit of a hyperbole there, I learned and appreciate default Palutena since day one. I only started using customs like a month ago cause you guys mostly suggested it. She is awesome with customs I admit, but I dont consider her default set to be bad. Sucks that there seems to a Customs vs No customs debate going on, only glad that I forced my self to stick with default moves for so long, now it wont affect me so much if customs are banned.

Also Super speed can be read easily...imo at least.

How can you complain about a matchup where you kill me off a grab at 70%? Haha.

A bit of a hyperbole there, I learned and appreciate default Palutena since day one. I only started using customs like a month ago cause you guys mostly suggested it. She is awesome with customs I admit, but I dont consider her default set to be bad. Sucks that there seems to a Customs vs No customs debate going on, only glad that I forced my self to stick with default moves for so long, now it wont affect me so much if customs are banned.

Also, there is a new Palutena player here...forgot his name. He rocked in doubles without customs. Ended with three stocks one game.

How can you complain about a matchup where you kill me off a grab at 70%? Haha.

Also, there is a new Palutena player here...forgot his name. He rocked in doubles without customs. Ended with three stocks one game.
Just how light is Mewtwo that lightweight uair can kill that early? D:

Skipped the whole day to finish watching Stardust Crusaders and I don't regret it at all, and when did this new player pop up? Sounds like someone I should play. :O

Oh, I can totally see default Palutena rocking in doubles, it makes sense.

Basically:

Custom Palu = aggressive 1 v 1

Default Palu = Defense/ tactical team play

FSLink

Banned
11000421_10153078076682758_1143873192867358851_n.jpg

On the topic of nerfs, this was my tier list (customs on) last patch. I'll make a preliminary one for the new patch if anyone cares.

I think they did a good job with nerfing Diddy, he feels pretty okay now. Still has his combo tricks but he doesn't kill nearly as early and his uair no longer has a bullshit hitbox that scoops anything underneath him.

Damn, sunk so low to abuse a glitch, haha.

On the topic of nerfs, this was my tier list (customs on) last patch. I'll make a preliminary one for the new patch if anyone cares.

I think they did a good job with nerfing Diddy, he feels pretty okay now. Still has his combo tricks but he doesn't kill nearly as early and his uair no longer has a bullshit hitbox that scoops anything underneath him.
Data mining determined Uair didn't get a hitbox change.

Give me an update when you feel ready.

Naw I still think she's ass without customs. No viable kill setups without customs... And she's just less fun in general. Like wayyy less fun.

Id be interested, would it be too much too ask for a no customs one as well?

FSLink

Banned
Data mining determined Uair didn't get a hitbox change.

Up Air
Start up increased 3 → 4 frames without animation changes (no longer hits below him)
Auto cancel altered from 15 → 27 frames
Base/Growth 65/99 → 100/89

Ah, well it looks like the startup has increased.

Id be interested, would it be too much too ask for a no customs one as well?
Sure.

For my old one, just drop Dr. Mario, Palutena, WFT, DK, Mii Brawler, Kirby, Ganondorf, and Charizard to C or D tier, and it's roughly what I'd have it without customs.

TWILT

Banned
GGs Cyberman. Playing way too tired right now haha. Fun matches as always. I promise my Ryu's better than that lol.

Naw I still think she's ass without customs. No viable kill setups without customs... And she's just less fun in general. Like wayyy less fun.

Diffrent playstyles and opinions I guess. Default is more about studying the opponent and punishing their hard mistakes. Next time we play, Id actually like to pit the Palutenas in a number of consecutive matches and see the outcome. Not now though, 3am and tired as hell. :p

Thulius

I take it you haven't spent much time on Greninja? There's no way a single character in your C tier is better than him pre-1.08, customs or not.

Okay, has anyone here who hasn't done the FGW interview want to do it? I'm running low on time and, no offense, but you guys are so modest it drives me nuts! The only interesting thing about me is my username, we all have stories to share so someone give me a name to recommend, even if it's your own!

I need sleep, I originally typed this post with way more swear words than now lol.

Okay, has anyone here who hasn't done the FGW interview want to do it? I'm running low on time and, no offense, but you guys are so modest it drives me nuts! The only interesting thing about me is my username, we all have stories to share so someone give me a name to recommend, even if it's your own!

I need sleep, I originally typed this post with way more swear words than now lol.
It's fine dude, no one reads the OP after day one anyway.

TWILT

Banned

Has FSLink done it? I wanted to nominate him after mine, but I wanted to see Clockw0rk do it first. I'd recommend him if no one else wants to volunteer.

FSLink

Banned
I take it you haven't spent much time on Greninja? There's no way a single character in your C tier is better than him pre-1.08, customs or not.
I have, though on my list D tier is viable, unfortunately the naming scheme by default on the tier maker is misleading. If I could rename the tiers, it would be more like
S
A+
A
B+
B
C
D

Though honestly I rushed the bottom half, Greninja is probably closer to Bowser and Toon Link, and Mewtwo farther down.

And at the very least Metaknight is definitely better than Greninja imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=235&v=gX-7hCKpznw

I can do the FGW interview, sure.

I have, though on my list D tier is viable, unfortunately the naming scheme by default on the tier maker is misleading. If I could rename the tiers, it would be more like
S
A+
A
B+
B
C
D

Though honestly I rushed the bottom half, Greninja is probably closer to Bowser and Toon Link, and Mewtwo farther down.

And at the very least Metaknight is definitely better than Greninja imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=235&v=gX-7hCKpznw

I can do the FGW interview, sure.
Um, I checked the tier list app I assumed you use and you can rename the tiers by clicking on the letters, just an FYI.

Oh, and thanks for volunteering! Takes a load off my mind and now I can rest peacefully. :)

Satch

Banned
i practiced sheik against bots and im slaying a bit now but i still suck at killing people rip

and im not good at that jumping slap

Juni_

You don't have to sd when I do. Especially not when you're using a character as lightweight as Mewtwo.

Still I appreciate it.

I also don't like my opponent SDing when I do. It's my fault - I'll work for the comeback, and sometimes succeed. Ditto for my opponents.

Ggs karst.
GGs man. I could tell we were both on autopilot toward the end.

Palutena might be the only character that can nail Mewtwo during his aerial maneuevers. I need to stop doing those against her, haha. I bet you felt great with every Usmash snipe you did, though. Fantastic aim!

I felt your Palutena did better without customs, because you were using your full toolset and not just spamming Super Speed. :p Curb the addiction, friend!

Top Bottom