• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Yep, you can totally pull off another PK thunder after slamming against the wall if your quick enough....but its limited to only once more. Still nice thing to know!

EDIT: as stated above before I finished testing it out myself

Great games, Juni! It's pretty rare to fight an Olimar around here. I loved the Villager too. He/she was an extremely irritating bastard--in a good way, that is. Wish I could play more, but I gotta go to sleep. Hopefully we can play another time!

Shamrock, remind me to rank your characters sometime.

I miss using my MvC 3 team =(

Morrigan/Hsienko/Pheonix

Anyways, Karst I sent ya PM asking something about the Ranbats.
Terrible team. :p

I don't understand how anyone still playing that game 4 years out has the energy to waste getting mad at it. People should know better by now.

Down for more 1v1s if anyone's looking.
Idklol. Same way we get mad at this one. :p

A new character, huh? Maybe someone that doesn't play like the people I currently play so I can create a new playstyle for myself. :)

Holy shit lmao, that cheered me up.

"Nothing leaves a man feeling empty like getting ToD'd by X-Factor lv. 3 Vergil."

Yeah, thanks for this, I really appreciate it. :D

Yeah, I suppose that about sums up my play. I just don't like getting so up close with Fox because he's so incredibly fragile, but part of that is because I just don't know exactly how to operate once I'm up close. Maybe I need to toss in more grabs or something, develop a plan that lets me actually become aggressive, not without fear but without hesitation.

What is normal behavior for a Fox, in your opinion?

I may have won more, but that's meaningless to me. I want to know how I lost, and if I can make my win rate 100% then I'll start caring.
Most Fox players are constantly in my face. Very stressful. Yours is annoying, but you open me up and cause stress, and then you back off. I would just say...why back off?

Thanks! I feel like 6WX is the only other Sonic that plays similar to mine. A lot of people say that I need to figure out how to incorporate a defensive style a lot more if I want to become better.

I love that the D-air has an amazing spike hitbox now in this new patch. I've been catching a lot of people with it. :p

Its been forever since I've played Marvel and I feel like playing it again.
I think you are really aggressive, and sometimes it gets you hurt. Kind of the opposite of CRQ and DQ, but you are still really good at what you do, just like CRQ is.

I wanted to be considered a good player too, you know? Someone who gets namedropped whenever people want examples of good character players. I could at least be that Doc guy, couldn't I? D: Even Namikaze gets to be the villain by playing Yoshi, I wanna fulfill some community archetype as well. :T

I'll be honest and admit it's mostly because I knew you could do crazy shit with your characters, and if the goal of the game is to strike fear into the heart of your opponent, you would have definitely won. I should probably play Roy, no running away with him.

That reminded me that I borrowed the DMC HD collection from a friend and never beat even the first game. Now I know what to do! Thanks, Mr. Teacher Karsticles-sensei!
You should give yourself more credit. You are a good player. I have never misread so many Bowser bombs, hahaha. I should have played more reserved. If you feel the energy, we should do another set now that I have had time to reflect.

I think you don't get name dropped as much just because you play SO many characters. A lot of folks here are known for one character. Shamrock is known for his Ness, Nami for Yoshi, Snacks for Greninja. We post and talk about them a lot, but also play with them a huge portion of the time. I feel like you swap characters a lot, so it isn't that you are less noteworthy, but rather that you don't have a character that sticks out as belonging to you. I definitely hold you in respect; I see now why you were dismayed when I didn't name drop you for Fox. You do kind of lack a "character identity", though. That doesn't mean you aren't good with your guys, just that none of the characters you play stand out a ton from the others. You are good with all of them.

How do you qualify my play? Passive or Aggressive?
or passive aggressive kappa
?

I think I play more aggressive with custom Palutena (and Lucina), but I play passive as shit with Robin.
Most annoying kind of passive there is. :p

Crayolan

GGs FSLink. You're really good. You're also really hard to rest because you pretty much never roll with your better characters. >_>

Still, fun matches, except for that custom Duck Hunt which I was completely clueless against. That fucking custom can is ridiculous.

FSLink

Banned
Yeah, with Duck Hunt you really have to just go in since his close up game sucks... but without getting hit by my can or clay pidgeon. The Mega Gunmen I use in zoning matchups, and it's really there as a distraction for people to accidentally hit or to hit with projectiles while I set my can and clay pidgeon game up.

yeah i am clearly not a challenge at all for you lol
Shamrock is one of the best here, so don't feel down.

Yeah, with Duck Hunt you really have to just go in since his close up game sucks... but without getting hit by my can or clay pidgeon. The Mega Gunmen I use in zoning matchups, and it's really there as a distraction for people to accidentally hit or to hit with projectiles while I set my can and clay pidgeon game up.
Mega Gunmen is one of those customs that is so much more broken than it seems. COMPLETELY shuts down Mewtwo.

FSLink

Banned
Shamrock is one of the best here, so don't feel down.

Mega Gunmen is one of those customs that is so much more broken than it seems. COMPLETELY shuts down Mewtwo.

It's kind of like Explosive Balloon Trip imo. Not broken by itself, but with another custom (Trip Sapling/Zig Zag can), it can be deadly. Not sure if it's broken in certain matchups since I honestly haven't fought another Duck Hunt that uses Zig Zag can and the Gunmen like I do.

Top Bottom