• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 11 |OT| No, seriously, it got awesome again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The beginning where Cas is still watching Nextflix made me laugh, but then I had massive feels when they showed a flashback of Dean beating up Cas :(.

Sam finally commenting on Dean and Crowley's fling hehe I love this type of brotherly fighting, keep it up!

Everytime they show a Demon trap on the ceiling I can't help but to wonder "How in the shit did they manage that? Do they have like a portable ladder or something?" In the jail cell I can understand, they climbed the bars(still would be incredibly difficult since it looks like they etched in with a knife) But other times it's just in an open room, and nothing in site shows how they could reach up. I know Sam is a giant and all, but come on.

I loved how Crowley was depicted as a single father, it made me lose my shit. I did get bothered by them putting memes in the show though...having the internet full of cats and having her be confused about the Internets fascination about cats, fine. But having actual memes, and her saying memes, no pls. Them cutting from Amara disarming and wreaking Crowley, to Cas tossing Metatron around made me chuckle heh and Amara almost killing Crowley, holy shit.

But Crowley telling Dean he tried to kill him many times, even times when he didn't know about it lol and Crowley saying they had a bromance LOL.

They broke the magic mirror! Now how will Amara see her grown up self?! I'm liking this actress more than the previous one, that one was awful Young Amara was good, she grew up I hatd her, she grows up a bit more and I'm liking her again.

Metatron somehow managed to become even a bigger dick than he was previously, which I found surprising. Also how he stole items, pawned them, then bought the video camera...instead of stealing the video camera. Silly Metatron! Or how he suddenly becomes to offended when Cas reveals he found the Demon tablet under Metatron's mattress "You BROKE into MY apartment?!"

Dean being unable to stab The Darkness(I wonder what would have happened if he even did stab her?) I wonder if they're connected to the point where he would be unable to carry out the deed.

Holy fucking hell, The Darkness is Gods freaking sister?! So...who was the one that said The Darkness and God had a thing? Primordial incest? Welp now I'm going to hell.

I think that was the first glimpse we got of the Cage from the outside, right? When Sam saw that in the Asylum my first thought was holy shit it's The Cage! I think the first hand that reached out was Lucifer's, and the Second was Michael's not that it matters much but it seemed lighting struck right as the second hand popped out and had the appearance of more divinity.

What's with Sam trying to not kill the Demons? If he doesn't want to harm the meatsuite you'd think he'd inspect the Demons he captures and sees if they have mortal wounds. If so then stop trying to save the already dead meatsuite. But him taking on two demons at the same time...not bad.

I wonder if the pizza man taught him any new tricks.

Meg ;-;

STOP IT! STOP MAKING ME CRY B-DUBS!

"What's this POI Sam"

"Point of Interest"

I lost it.

Edit: Another good episode. Cas with the awesome beatdown.

I loved that too. It's so simple yet hilarious. It's the good type of brotherly bickering.

Well, considering Lucifer was the first to bear the mark, and is also called the Lightbringer, he might be super important to defeat the Darkness.

Well, when Sam had that dream of their Dad, he did mention that to defeat The Darkness you need Light, and we already assume that Lucifer was taking the form of their Dad from the "I could never fool you" line. So I think that's the direction theyre heading.

But why is God giving Sam visions of the cage? Doesn't make sense. Unless he's basically reminding him that his destiny is to be Lucifer's vessel and fight Michael but that's not relevant to this season.
Had they just given into their destiny The Darkness wouldn't have been released, or the Leviathans for that matter, but screw those guys they're not part of this series shitting ass CGI bullshit(sorry I was super hyped for Leviathans and I was super buttmad with the season, as I'm pretty sure everyone else was too).

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
11x8 description, directed by Gabe:

SUPERNATURAL 11.08 “Just My Imagination” (December 2): Sam (Jared Padalecki) is shocked when his childhood imaginary friend Sully (guest star Nate Torrence) makes an unexpected appearance. Sam can’t understand why he’d see Sully now but what’s even more surprising is that Dean (Jensen Ackles) can see him, too. Flashbacks reveal young Sam’s friendship with Sully and why he needed him. Richard Speight, Jr. directed the episode written by Jenny Klein.

Joni

How hard can it be to subdue an all-powerful being that is in love with you? Just ask her to come with you and settle down. I want an episode where Amara just tags along with them. That would be the greatest episode in years, just before this one.

The season so far is exactly what I wanted season 6 and so on to be, I absolutely love it. The new Amara actress was really, really good.

tumblr_inline_n06ruvzoft1rt2oad.jpg

If this happens, I might start watching this again regularly. I watched last night's episode because of Fiction's freak out. Was a really good episode.

The series has got to end with this, I see no alternatives, it would be the only way to make it as good if not better than the season 5 finale. Even though there were a few exceptional episodes after season 5, I still feel like it should have have ended with Sam in the box. Well, that is if we don't see Fiction's theory come to life, now that would probably make it all worthwhile.

The season so far and want I'm reading in this thread... Is giving me this urge, which I'm fighting right now, to start the series over and watch the first 5 seasons again. I have the first 5 seasons in DVD (the only ones worth getting) and I'm really tempted in dusting them off and binge watch the shit out of them lol.

FZZ

Banned
Hot demon girls from this show made me have a fetish that I am ashamed about

With that said Sam has been on the back burner since season 6, they tried to do stuff with the trials but all of that fell flat.

I am down for more Sam focused story lines, especially if we get Lucy Sam out of it.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Well, considering Lucifer was the first to bear the mark, and is also called the Lightbringer, he might be super important to defeat the Darkness.

Wow, what if Michael and Lucifer are the only two who can throw the Darkness back into her cell, and in order to make that happen Dean and Sam have to be the vessels for them, and the season ends with the Darkness taken care of but Michael (in Dean) and Lucifer (in Sam) facing each other down getting ready to rumble? That would be a wicked finale and cliffhanger for the season, Holy Shit.

Anyone else notice the room they took the demon to was the same as the room in Changing Channels?

I wonder if The Darkness originally contained the souls God used to create humans and that's why eating them makes her more powerful...

Also God created the Archangels, and made them defeat their dear old aunt :(.

Man, that was a damn good episode. Loved every single second. Cas beating down Metatron, Amara laying the smackdown on Crowley, finding out she's God's sister.

And that cage reveal. OH MY GOD.

Man, that was a damn good episode. Loved every single second. Cas beating down Metatron, Amara laying the smackdown on Crowley, finding out she's God's sister.

And that cage reveal. OH MY GOD.
That part if my friggin favourite! I have not been this giddy for a reveal in a very, very long time. The hands reaching out, the music, the sound effects, the lighting, the background, the chains suspending it, every detail amde me go asdfg.

The Darkness being God's sister is really interesting and confusing as all hell. So did they both just pop into existence? Or is it gonna be like Greek mythology where they had parents and their parents were assholes so they killed em and took over?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Kind of a weak episode but the setup is interesting.

Also I'm pretty sure it's Luci sending Sam those visions. not God.

Are those Adam's hands we see on the cage? They look too young to be Lucifer or Michael.

Kind of a weak episode but the setup is interesting.

Also I'm pretty sure it's Luci sending Sam those visions. not God.

Are those Adam's hands we see on the cage? They look too young to be Lucifer or Michael.
I I'm pretty sure it's Luci too.

I thought they were Lucis and Michaels hands. Iirc they reached out from two distant parts of the cage. I assumed Adam was still in a corner going "those fuckers forgot about me!".

Haly

Same hands I believe, just sort of spread out and gripping the cage.

Also probably not Mark Pellegrino plz CW plz you have to get him back.

Haly

It could be argued if anything past season 5 is canon, if canon was already written by God and the brothers fucked it up.

That part if my friggin favourite! I have not been this giddy for a reveal in a very, very long time. The hands reaching out, the music, the sound effects, the lighting, the background, the chains suspending it, every detail amde me go asdfg.

The Darkness being God's sister is really interesting and confusing as all hell. So did they both just pop into existence? Or is it gonna be like Greek mythology where they had parents and their parents were assholes so they killed em and took over?

The whole brother and sister thing seems like some kind of yin yang thing rather than an actual biological relationship. By that I mean they are eternal and balance each other out.

I wish they could get rid of Rowena, Crowley, Cas and Metatron. Purge the crap, then get back to what made the show so good: the brothers travelling and hunting.

dalin80

Banned
I wish they could get rid of Rowena, Crowley, Cas and Metatron. Purge the crap, then get back to what made the show so good: the brothers travelling and hunting.

There is a place for Crowley and Cas but they have been over used and that will take some undoing.

Rowena and Metatron should definitely be culled from the ranks.

Goldrush

There is a place for Crowley and Cas but they have been over used and that will take some undoing.

Rowena and Metatron should definitely be culled from the ranks.

Nah. I love those two as long as they will never be actual threats. It's about time we got another villain in the mold of Gabriel, someone who goes around causing mischief rather than some depressing evil mindset.

The whole brother and sister thing seems like some kind of yin yang thing rather than an actual biological relationship. By that I mean they are eternal and balance each other out.
In that case God screwed up the balance of the universe by locking the darkness away. But her influence was still able to get through so it may not have screwed things up too badly, however, if they do somehow manage to kill the darkness shit will get bad. I want to know what caused the humans to go insane though we haven't seen any of those plauged humans, just soulless ones.

It could be argued if anything past season 5 is canon, if canon was already written by God and the brothers fucked it up.
that's what happens when you give hairless apes free will :p.
I still love how the director of the Supernatural play called everything post season 5 some of the worst fan fiction she ever heard lolol.

Enosh

man, remember when demons were scary things

now one of the brothers alone can beat 3 in a fist fight

Haly

I remember when they used to have super speed and strength.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

the nigh invincible monsters turned to straight up mooks. demons need a power boost and at the same time a culling.

Remember when this show was awesome, and not just bits of awesomeness interspliced with terrible supporting characters and formerly great supporting characters who've run their course?

Power creep is a hell of a thing.
The way I see it, Sam and Dean just leveled up. Like they were maybe leveled in the 20s when demons first showed up, but now they're leveled up into, say, the 60s or 70s and got new skills and gear. It's kind of like how Slogra and Gaibon start off as bosses but then later are just regular monsters you blow right through with your Crissaegrim.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Wow, what if Michael and Lucifer are the only two who can throw the Darkness back into her cell, and in order to make that happen Dean and Sam have to be the vessels for them, and the season ends with the Darkness taken care of but Michael (in Dean) and Lucifer (in Sam) facing each other down getting ready to rumble? That would be a wicked finale and cliffhanger for the season, Holy Shit.

I have a feeling the apocalypse was in part meant to keep the lid on the darkness. It's pretty clear that God's punted the fate of creation to the Winchesters. I don't really see the angels beefing in Sam and Dean's bodies at the end of the season.

DeathyBoy

Banned
I have a feeling the apocalypse was in part meant to keep the lid on the darkness. It's pretty clear that God's punted the fate of creation to the Winchesters. I don't really see the angels beefing in Sam and Dean's bodies at the end of the season.

Ya know, given that we now know The Darkness and God are related... the title 'Monster At The End Of The Book' takes on more meaning...

Good episode.
Amara actress is great.
Loved the "point of interest" line and Metatron giving his dramatic speach about hiding the tablet and Castiel just casually pulls it out and says "it was under your matress". Good shit.
Cage is obviously a huge deal, I'll guess they'll be needing the archangels to get rid of Amara which makes sense.
I'm really curious to see where they're going with this relation between Dean and Amara.
Sam suddenly deciding to not kill demons has me confused. It's also pretty disappointing that suddenly fighting a demon isn't any different from getting into a fistfight with a normal person.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The way I see it, Sam and Dean just leveled up. Like they were maybe leveled in the 20s when demons first showed up, but now they're leveled up into, say, the 60s or 70s and got new skills and gear. It's kind of like how Slogra and Gaibon start off as bosses but then later are just regular monsters you blow right through with your Crissaegrim.

This is basically what I meant by power creep and why the one-off stories about ghosts and random monsters are a lot harder for the writers to do at this point.

Haly

I guess they're doing a soft reboot of Sam. Remember this was their original dynamic. Sam was the goody-two-shoes, health-food-eating, moralizing, I-just-want-a-normal-life foil to Dean's hedonism. Over the years Sam's been corrupted enough times by angels and demons and blood and whatever to the point where he was basically Dean but nerdier. Unfortunately, this lead to a lot of redundancy because they were pretty much taking each other's place every season.

So if they're going to dredge up old plot points to inject some life into the show they might as well differentiate the two brothers again.

Sure they have more experience now but they're still human.

Haly

Baby Amara was a baby
Little Amara was the best, like something out of The Shining
I have never watched The Shining
Young teen Amara is not so good
Teen Amara isn't that great either but better than young teen Amara

Wait have there been 4 Amaras or 3? I can't keep track.

Kevin

I have not chimed in for awhile and thought I would offer up some impressions for season 11 so far. Some spoilers of course.

Overall I am pretty satisfied with the season. I think it's definitely solid enough and there hasn't been any downright weak episodes yet. Here are my thoughts on each episode:

Out of the Darkness, Into the Fire: The premiere was solid and set the season up some. Also liked the zombie feel to it. 8/10

Form and Void: This episode more or less continued from the first and continued to be fairly solid with some cool creepy scenes. 8/10

The Bad Seed: Once again the story more or less continued. Some slow parts but some interesting plot developments. 8/10

Baby: This is easily the best episode of the season so far and by quite a lot. It had a very grindhouse feel to it, humor, some touching moments between the brothers, some cool shots and even advanced the story some. At LEAST a 9/10

Thin Lizzie: New writer did this episode and I thought it was a solid first attempt at writing for Supernatural. Mostly a monster of the week that eventually tied into the overall plot. Not the best episode but solid. 8/10

Our Little World: This episode once more moved the plot along and the twists were pretty nice. It's an almost certainty in my opinion that we will be seeing Lucifer again. The cage was a nice tease. I also thought it was interesting to find out Amara is god's sister. Metatron continue to be some what amusing but doesn't really serve a purpose in the story anymore (same with Rowena). 8/10

---

This season has delivers a lot of solid episodes with one really great one. While I am far from blown away with anything this season has put out, it's still better then a bunch of mediocre episodes. In it's 11th season, Supernatural is still putting out a solid watchable show and I look forward to seeing where this season goes. I expect big things to happen later on this season.

Also next week's episode, "Plush" looks really amusing and fun. I hope it is!

Joni

Baby Amara was a baby

You forgot Adult Amara who appeared in the cloud with Dean.

Baby Amara was a baby

Little Amara I wouldn't say would be from The Shining.
I watched The Shining.
What I really liked about the Young Amara was that she was very innocent, and curious. She wanted to learn about the world her Brother created, she had this very cute ignorant look on her face with a bit of worry too.

Young Teen Amara is horrendous, just horrendous. I hate the way she sucks souls, I hate the way she talks, I hate the way she bitches and complains, I just fucking hate every aspect of her existence. I hate Rowena way, way more though.

Older Teen Amara I liked way more than her previous evolution. She had a bit of discontentment towards Crowley, showed hoe she cared for Dean, way better facial and emotional expressions, etc.

We've seen five Amaras if you count her adult form that we see in the smoke and in the mirror. However, she's only in her fourth stage currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom