• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 11 |OT| No, seriously, it got awesome again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly

Thank god Rowena is dead. Very interesting development with Lucifer and Cas. I wonder if they'll remember that Sam is the only true vessel for Lucifer and he'll start rotting.

You know if this was S6 or 7 things would be pretty good.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
It's a shame about Rowena, she really grew on me since her first appearance.

I never liked Roweena too much, but I have to say that as a final episode for her this was a great sendoff. They nicely wrapped up her arc in that last part of the show, for a moment there I actually began to like her character.

And then just as I started to like her they took her away!!!!

Well done Supernatural, well done!

Yay she read sandman, which is weird because I thought they are going to do a Good Omens thing based on the first episode of the season (I guess they just like referencing Gaiman).

Great episode, starting to slowly come around to Death being gone. Still annoys me that someone who laughed when God was mentioned was offed simply by running his scythe through his side.

That Lucifer show dig was awesome, and Roweena...finally! Though the Crowley/Roweena moment was pretty damn awesome.

Knoxcore

Okay can we all agree Misha Collins is a fantastic actor? Holy shit.
Maybe, but first I cringed then laughed when he revealed who he was. I'm on board with the story line but to me Misha was imitating Mark's performance rather than making it his own. It was very off putting at first. Maybe he'll grown into the role in the future.

Somnia

Thank god Rowena is dead. Very interesting development with Lucifer and Cas. I wonder if they'll remember that Sam is the only true vessel for Lucifer and he'll start rotting.

You know if this was S6 or 7 things would be pretty good.

I'm pretty sure there will be some kind of loop hole with that vessel thing this time. Being that Cas was brought back by God and a whole bunch of other things, his Vessel can probably hold Lucifier, but not give him his "ultimate" strength or some crap.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm pretty sure there will be some kind of loop hole with that vessel thing this time. Being that Cas was brought back by God and a whole bunch of other things, his Vessel can probably hold Lucifier, but not give him his "ultimate" strength or some crap.

That and Cas is an angel, his body would naturally be sturdier than a human body. I mean he held the leviathans in there for a bit.

Lyonaz

Man this show is on fire again.

Also when Rowena was telling Crowley why she hated him, that was some good shit, made me like her and then Lucy sent her off moments later. I approve.

Goldrush

Maybe, but first I cringed then laughed when he revealed who he was. I'm on board with the story line but to me Misha was imitating Mark's performance rather than making it his own. It was very off putting at first. Maybe he'll grown into the role in the future.

Don't know how well it'll work during the more serious moments coming up, but I absolutely love it when actors mimic other actors.
Wonder how much coaching Mark Pellegrino gave, because Misha absolutely nailed it.

Somnia

As others have said, I love how the writers have no issues making fun of all the bad things from the last few seasons that people complained about within the show itself.

I feel like they've really found themselves with this season, no idea how it will end, but right now it feels like its up there with Season 6 easily and reminds me of the better days of Supernatural. I just hope they can keep this going.

Joni

Oh no, not Rowena.
And I have to wonder, where is Castiel now? Would two angels be able to occupy the same body?

Somnia

Oh no, not Rowena.
And I have to wonder, where is Castiel now? Would two angels be able to occupy the same body?

That could be an interesting twist if Cas can fight against Lucifier. Kind of a cop out and regular thing in these situations though so hopefully they do something unique.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Excellent episode - boy, this show sure found its mojo again.

So, was Amara *almost* smited? Seems like she was a bit weak after zapping Castiel.

"Snapping necks and cashing checks, it's what I do"

Laughed out loud at this line. It was prophetic too.

Excellent episode - boy, this show sure found its mojo again.

So, was Amara *almost* smited? Seems like she was a bit weak after zapping Castiel.
Yeah I think that's why she 'saved' him for the message. She didn't have the juice to finish him.
I'm not really sure that's the case, though, since she juiced up on Ambriel, and if she needed more, she would have just consumed Cas, too. Plus, if the message were for Heaven, it makes no sense that she'd send him to Hell's door, near that reaper.

Plus, there's that line about how all that power didn't even scratch her paint job.

ZeroCDR

Wow.

Just wow.

I haven't been this excited for Supernatural since Season 5, bravo. Lucifer Castiel is so insane I love it, and Misha really delivered that change.

Goldrush

Wait Lucifer
Possessed Cas?

This ruins all of my fanfics

Googled
Lucifer Castiel
to see if Misha's clip is up and honestly did not know this was a thing. Now it's perfectly set up so that ovaries all over Tumblr will explode once Lucifer say "Castiel, I can feel you inside me" in their upcoming head battle.

Have to get this out of my system DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD!

Okay, on to more pressing matters, now that I saw it(finally because of Bell I had to wait a day :mad:) here's my thoughts. I saw that cute number cruncher dying(but didn't see her getting her graced sapped, that was a surprise). Also, I knew The Darkness didn't die(obviously, that would have sucked) but figured that since she got hit so hard parts of her essence kinda exploded(thus causing the dark atmosphere during the middle of the afternoon) I figured Lucifer had possessed Castiel from the look he gave the boys as they were leaving. And I saw Lucifer killing Rowena coming when he had said "ooof...Rowena -fixes tie-" I was like yup, she's dead...

I love how they went back to moments before Castiel yells "Hey, Assbutt!" and Lucifer is just like "I still don't understand that..." then Castiel yells it again when they confront him at the cage...CLASSIC! Speaking of which, they had Sam & Adam fall into the cage at a different angel, I wonder if they had shot that previously and were debating between it and the one they went with, but kept this just in case they wanted to return to that scene.

Lucifer calling out Sam on all his bullshit was amazing, and so freaking accurate. I didn't like how he pissed on him for not looking for Dean when he was in Purgatory, since they did make a deal. Dean did the same thing, he went and lived a normal life while he thought Sam was in the cage. The other parts were true though, Season 5 he was willing to spend eternity in the cage with Lucifer to stop the apocalypse. Then he decides to not sacrifice himself(and go to Heaven most likely) to seal the gates of Hell forever and thus stop people from being possessed, making deals, etc.

Also, did anyone else get the hint that Lucifer was scared shitless when Sam said "No!"? He seemed scared out of his mind, like if Sam doesn't say yes, The Darkness will win and he's gonna probably be on her hit list, you know, for helping seal her up and shit.

Crowly serving the team, I guess he and Dean will no longer howl at the moon together :(

I honestly feel a bit sad now that Rowena is dead. Early in the episode she annoyed me again...but that confession about why she hates Crowly...that tear-jerking heart-aching scene made me sympathize with her. DAMMIT SUPERNATURAL! Everytime...EVERY DAMN TIME! They make you feel sorry, or love a character then kill em, just like that -frowny face-

Almost forgot about the reaper. First time we saw Billie I hated her. But now...I actually kinda like her. Her absolute calmness is so amazing- Angels gets zapped in- "Hey." As if it's commonplace lol.

Also, I found out why Rowena hated Sam so much
It's because Sam got to have Lucifer inside of him, and she was jealous

Cas absolutely nailed Lucifers' persona. I wonder if Misha and Mark spent a lot of time together to do it so well.

I can't believe I didn't catch the "Snapping necks and cashing checks, it's what I do" line. I heard it, but I dismissed it D: but now that I hear it again I love it especially with what transpired.

What was the crime show dig at though? Is Mark on a CSI kinda show?

So I've not seen supernatural since cas turned into a demon alien thing. The black veiny shit. Is it worth catching up? Sounds like it's good.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
So I've not seen supernatural since cas turned into a demon alien thing. The black veiny shit. Is it worth catching up? Sounds like it's good.

that season was the series lowest point. its gradually improved to this season which has been pretty damn good so far

Have to get this out of my system DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD!

Okay, on to more pressing matters, now that I saw it(finally because of Bell I had to wait a day :mad:) here's my thoughts. I saw that cute number cruncher dying(but didn't see her getting her graced sapped, that was a surprise). Also, I knew The Darkness didn't die(obviously, that would have sucked) but figured that since she got hit so hard parts of her essence kinda exploded(thus causing the dark atmosphere during the middle of the afternoon) I figured Lucifer had possessed Castiel from the look he gave the boys as they were leaving. And I saw Lucifer killing Rowena coming when he had said "ooof...Rowena -fixes tie-" I was like yup, she's dead...

I love how they went back to moments before Castiel yells "Hey, Assbutt!" and Lucifer is just like "I still don't understand that..." then Castiel yells it again when they confront him at the cage...CLASSIC! Speaking of which, they had Sam & Adam fall into the cage at a different angel, I wonder if they had shot that previously and were debating between it and the one they went with, but kept this just in case they wanted to return to that scene.

Lucifer calling out Sam on all his bullshit was amazing, and so freaking accurate. I didn't like how he pissed on him for not looking for Dean when he was in Purgatory, since they did make a deal. Dean did the same thing, he went and lived a normal life while he thought Sam was in the cage. The other parts were true though, Season 5 he was willing to spend eternity in the cage with Lucifer to stop the apocalypse. Then he decides to not sacrifice himself(and go to Heaven most likely) to seal the gates of Hell forever and thus stop people from being possessed, making deals, etc.

Also, did anyone else get the hint that Lucifer was scared shitless when Sam said "No!"? He seemed scared out of his mind, like if Sam doesn't say yes, The Darkness will win and he's gonna probably be on her hit list, you know, for helping seal her up and shit.

Crowly serving the team, I guess he and Dean will no longer howl at the moon together :(

I honestly feel a bit sad now that Rowena is dead. Early in the episode she annoyed me again...but that confession about why she hates Crowly...that tear-jerking heart-aching scene made me sympathize with her. DAMMIT SUPERNATURAL! Everytime...EVERY DAMN TIME! They make you feel sorry, or love a character then kill em, just like that -frowny face-

Almost forgot about the reaper. First time we saw Billie I hated her. But now...I actually kinda like her. Her absolute calmness is so amazing- Angels gets zapped in- "Hey." As if it's commonplace lol.

Also, I found out why Rowena hated Sam so much
It's because Sam got to have Lucifer inside of him, and she was jealous

Cas absolutely nailed Lucifers' persona. I wonder if Misha and Mark spent a lot of time together to do it so well.

I can't believe I didn't catch the "Snapping necks and cashing checks, it's what I do" line. I heard it, but I dismissed it D: but now that I hear it again I love it especially with what transpired.

The best part about Lucifer is that he doesn't lie. It really makes him seem even more formidable, since he tells you exactly what he's going to do, and you can't do anything about it.

EDIT: Also, the part when Sam tells Lucifer that he would just start the Apocalypse again--would he? That was always Michael's prerogative, and even if Lucifer wanted to do it, too, he'd have to get Michael out of the cage, wouldn't he? Not that he couldn't just read the Book of the Damned himself, I guess.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

The new fox series based on the gaiman series

EDIT: Also, the part when Sam tells Lucifer that he would just start the Apocalypse again--would he? That was always Michael's prerogative, and even if Lucifer wanted to do it, too, he'd have to get Michael out of the cage, wouldn't he? Not that he couldn't just read the Book of the Damned himself, I guess.

Croatoan was his baby. The apocalypse would be harder to do now with the horseman gone

Well, it does get significantly better, just you have to go through Season 7 which is arguably the worst season. But trust me, it's worth it, this current season has been nothing but perfection.
The best part about Lucifer is that he doesn't lie. It really makes him seem even more formidable, since he tells you exactly what he's going to do, and you can't do anything about it.

True. Even when we see Lucifer in the future setting he said he wouldn't want to destroy the planet. He didn't even want to fight Michael, he wanted to step off the chess board as he said. He'd probably still kill humans though, you know, since he despises us and all :(.

dabig2

Caught up with the latest episode and it was fantastic. I love Mark P hamming it up as Lucifer. Dude is absolute talent. I've definitely got some questions about how Lucy can possess Cas, but I'm happy that we have a legit no-fucks-given badass powerhouse in Casifer. Should be fun.

And Rowena...bye Felicia.

And nice title change - though I do think the "snapping necks and cashing checks" would also be awesome to have as a title!

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Holy shit this show has nailed every beat this season, we haven't had a season this good since season 5!

That episode was amazing.

Rowena died
Luci is back
Amara is still awesomely mysterious
Crowley being crowley
Sam and Dean getting called out on their bullshit

10 outta 10

I'm not really sure that's the case, though, since she juiced up on Ambriel, and if she needed more, she would have just consumed Cas, too. Plus, if the message were for Heaven, it makes no sense that she'd send him to Hell's door, near that reaper.

Plus, there's that line about how all that power didn't even scratch her paint job.

Might be a message for Lucifer since he was part of the reason he got locked away. Only person I could think of. Or maybe it was for Heaven but she couldn't send him to heaven so she sent him to a reaper whose a type of Angel.

Oh no, not Rowena.

Caught up with the latest episode and it was fantastic. I love Mark P hamming it up as Lucifer. Dude is absolute talent. I've definitely got some questions about how Lucy can possess Cas, but I'm happy that we have a legit no-fucks-given badass powerhouse in Casifer. Should be fun.

And Rowena...bye Felicia.

And nice title change - though I do think the "snapping necks and cashing checks" would also be awesome to have as a title!
We've seen a demon be able to possess a reaper to carry out a deal. Maybe since Jimmy no longer is no longer an occupant, another Angel can get in? Maybe Cas went to heaven or now is just a floating grace. My best bet would be since Cas became human and then ate back his grace he's like a human with angelic abilities rather than a full on Angel. I wonder if he still has a halo...

If Rowena died... isn't she just somewhere in Hell now?

/Supernatural Logic
LOL! It would be a great way to troll people who hate Rowena. "Finally she's dead and we're rid of her!" -Rowena posses her own body- "DAMMIT CW!"

honestly though I started to like her, even Crowly shed tears when she opened up :'(

Joni

Well, she's a 1000 (or something) year old witch, there has to be some dark magic going on there. Most of the witches in the show are evil, yeah, one would assume they'd end up in hell. Not sure if they are technically monster enough to end up in Purgatory

I don't know if the show really established that being evil is enough to convict you to hell. Only killing the innocent in the name of God and deals with demons.

Finalow

stellar Mark Pellegrino in these last episodes, sucks that he's already gone.

at least Castiel as Lucifer should be much better than sam.

I will give Moose credit for having no shame. He is not afraid to make fun of himself or make himself look like an ass. That goes a long way for me.

But I would never say he was a good actor. Just one that I enjoy on the show.

He was pretty bad in season 10 tho... seriously.

I tried

That's about as far as I'll go to defend Moose. My favorite acting of him is when he tries to make a pained face(When he's hurt on the inside). He ends up looking confused.

Buh-bye Rowena! I won't miss you at all.

That Cas reveal at the end surprised me, and sets up something potentially great.

I can't believe Mark Pellegrino is 50. He's a good actor, too.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I'll be honest

I never liked Mark Pelligrino as Lucifer. I remember in Season 5 when he showed up, his scenes never interested me.

Oh man not me, I think he's great as Lucifer and he is one reason why S5 is so awesome. He really adds a psychotic kind of deadly tension to the character. It will be interesting to see how Misha does with the role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom