• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 11 |OT| No, seriously, it got awesome again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

Man, they are just getting too comfortable here. Are they lacking other opportunities or something?

They were branching out for a while, I somewhat remember Jensen starred in a couple of movies.
They are smart enough to realize they simply aren't hot hollywood proporties.

Man, they are just getting too comfortable here. Are they lacking other opportunities or something?

They were branching out for a while, I somewhat remember Jensen starred in a couple of movies.

They both went and made some horror remakes. But I guess they are making a nice living off Supernatural. Jensen gets to direct an episode here or there. The show has spawned a convention circuit of it's own that they appear at. And I'm sure they're paid quite well. I think it's a situation where they found themselves a nice little gig & are having a lot of fun working with the same crew for over a decade now.

I'm sure if they wanted to fit a movie in during the breaks between seasons they still could. It just doesn't seem like either is too eager to pack it in on the show.

They could be with the right material.

Definitely. I think while they aren't smoking hot, they have a string enough built in fan base where they could branch out be somewhat successful.

They both went and made some horror remakes. But I guess they are making a nice living off Supernatural. Jensen gets to direct an episode here or there. The show has spawned a convention circuit of it's own that they appear at. And I'm sure they're paid quite well. I think it's a situation where they found themselves a nice little gig & are having a lot of fun working with the same crew for over a decade now.

I'm sure if they wanted to fit a movie in during the breaks between seasons they still could. It just doesn't seem like either is too eager to pack it in on the show.

I just want to see Jensen enter the DCCU at some point. Preferably before they start to film the solo Batman movie.

Good money, the show is far into syndication land, and they're drawing a solid paycheck.

I seem to remember Jensen or Jared talking about the fact that they have a solid production crew who essentially depend on them, so they'll run it until it dies.

Good money, the show is far into syndication land, and they're drawing a solid paycheck.

I seem to remember Jensen or Jared talking about the fact that they have a solid production crew who essentially depend on them, so they'll run it until it dies.

Ah, they've always seemed like really good people, so this is exactly what I'd expect from them.

May it continue until they are fighting Aliens and taking down multiverse level threats.

I remember Jared was in a horror movie like 10 years ago, but it didnt really launch him or anything.

Yeah. They seem to be close to their crew more so than other tv actors, so even if the story takes a dive, theyre doing it for a good reason, that is providing jobs.

And even if the show becomes worse for it, its hard to fault them. As long as theyre having fun and they have an audience, then thats cool for me.

I adore this show and everything about it. Yes there's a bucketload of tropes, lots of repetition and an unhealthy amount of cheese. Yet it remains enjoyable and I'm just so used to watching it after so many years. So I'm happy it's going to stay around even longer.

Leflus

It's not going to happen, but I want to see Jensen Ackles as the new Jack O'neil in the new Stargate movie.He can do both serious and humorous roles. He'd be perfect for the role imo.

TimFL

I remember Jared was in a horror movie like 10 years ago, but it didnt really launch him or anything.

They were both in horror movies. Jared did that Friday the 13th reboot and Jensen the Bloody Valentine 3D one.

I guess I am in the minority but I really want the show to end on a high note. I just don't see how they can top the current big bad without looking cheap. Just introduce God/Chuck again for a few episodes and be done with it. The S12 announcement really has me kind of nervous because CW obviously wants to milk this cow until it's drained of all life (imagine the show ending with a season that's worse than S7).
Doesn't help that the continuity is a mess with dozens of plot holes every season (it bugs me to no end that the writers can't quality control their goddamn scripts).

As much as I love this show, I would love for it to end on a high note(like Season 11 is currently) then for it to go downhill and ultimately stop being renewed due to poor ratings.

Pilgrimzero

Where do you go after beating Gods sister? Like aliens? Galactus shows up? What?

They've kind of one upped themselves into a corner.

They could have Death come back extremely pissed that Dean tried to kill him, Lucy(someone) ends up saving them at the last minute cause they need every hand they have to stop Death.

Well really I just want Death back cause he went out like a chump.

Season 12 of Supernatural: After using the Book of The Damned to defeat Amara(you'd think the boys would learn so stay away from that thing already, jeeze...) all was good in the world for a whole 5 seconds, until the side-effect of the book was unleashed. The book defeated Amara but it unleashed
CTHULHU! rip in pieces boys.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
They could actually do lovecratian and pess it off as some multidimension thing, opening the doors to new material rather than going deeper than deep into abrahamic myth.

So, no new episodes last week, this week or next week?

I was worried I'd missed one, because I switched to watching it on Space (well, PVRing it) as opposed to the CW.

MartyStu

It got awesome again you say? Which episode?

Last I watched, Metatron had just revealed himself to be a villain.

I missed a ton of episodes between then and the end of seasons 6, but that is what I remember last.

I missed a ton of episodes between then and the end of seasons 6, but that is what I remember last.

Metatron revealed himself to be the villiain? That's what, the end of season 9? Definitely watch Season 10 and catch up with Season 11, it's so damn good now 8D

Kevin

Season 10 was a lot better and 11 has been even better then 10. At times it feels like Kripke is back on board. Not always but it has had some really good moments. Enjoy! Also nearly no butt hurt in season 11 and just a little in 10 here and there.

I think that's the end of Season 8. Which means you got 9, 10, and 11 to catch up on. Season 9 was pretty good form what I remember, Season 10 got a lot of fans upset, but season 11 really ramped it up and is honestly so freaking fantastic. Every episode has been on point and has been absolutely loved by majority of people here, even the filler episodes are fantastic. Some even compare season 11 to the glory days of season 5 :p

Ah damn, I saw this thread pop up and thought the season started back up :(

So there haven't been any new episodes since the season break?

But yesssssss I second the above post on the Winchesters going to Innsmouth.

The Wrestler episode is the most recent so far. This thread likes to pop up here and now lol, but yeah nothing since then and nothing for the next week and a half ;_;.

Kevin

I thought season 10 was overall fairly solid. Personally I had more fun with the monster of the week episodes in season 10 then the overall storyline.

I thought the Demon Dean stuff was fun but under cooked and the Cain, Book of the Damned, Men of Letters mythology episodes were solid too. The rest of the main story about the Mark of Cain was pretty weak though.

Overall season 10 had a lot of solid stuff going for it but also managed to drop the ball a few times which killed the momentum going for main plotline.

Season 11 has been pretty consistent so far though. Pretty damn happy with season 11 and even the monster of the week episodes have been "mostly" solid and/or fun.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Maybe they're on hiatus because Sam needs to go back to Stars Hollow and reconnect with Rory Gilmore.

So, Face Swap finally came to the android version of MSQRD and I couldn't help but to do this:
SVrWnt3.jpg

I was just thinking about it and, what exactly are the pagan gods? Are they monsters? If so they had to come from Eve but that just doesn't seem right to me since they talk as if they predate god himself but even that also seems very very unlikely. Did they just pop into existence once enough people starting worshipping them?

That still doesn't doesn't answer what they are exactly so yeah wtf.

I was just thinking about it and, what exactly are the pagan gods? Are they monsters? If so they had to come from Eve but that just doesn't seem right to me since they talk as if they predate god himself but even that also seems very very unlikely. Did they just pop into existence once enough people starting worshipping them?

That still doesn't doesn't answer what they are exactly so yeah wtf.

They were gods that existed before the Christian God, and their power was dependent on sacrifices made to them(Or belief). They grew weak when the real god came into existence(Or started getting worshipped) and the sacrifices stopped coming.

So they still exist, but are in an extremely weakened state. So while they're god's, only when there are sacrifices to them do they have power, but they don't have absolute power(IE Pagan gods there are separate gods for everything, therefore their power is reliant on the thing they govern) like the Christian God has.

So they do predate god, but their power was dependent on sacrifices and belief made to them.

Now the Egyptian Gods...those are close to the same, but they tend to retain their power however usually have a weakness that can kill them(IE Rams horn)

bachikarn

They were gods that existed before the Christian God, and their power was dependent on sacrifices made to them(Or belief). They grew weak when the real god came into existence(Or started getting worshipped) and the sacrifices stopped coming.

So they still exist, but are in an extremely weakened state. So while they're god's, only when there are sacrifices to them do they have power, but they don't have absolute power(IE Pagan gods there are separate gods for everything, therefore their power is reliant on the thing they govern) like the Christian God has.

So they do predate god, but their power was dependent on sacrifices and belief made to them.

Now the Egyptian Gods...those are close to the same, but they tend to retain their power however usually have a weakness that can kill them(IE Rams horn)

Nah, they didn't predate God. There was some comment that they were on Earth before God and the angels went there.

God created humans so I'm not sure who would have worshiped them before that.

The show has been pretty explicit that God created everything (except the Darkness and maybe Death)

Nah, they didn't predate God. There was some comment that they were on Earth before God and the angels went there.

The show has been pretty explicit that God created everything (except the Darkness and maybe Death)

Possibly? They don't really explain that stuff but if they said God created everything, than they're probably Demi-Gods who existed without knowledge of God?

I know Death and God are equal in terms of existence, Death commented that he'll reap God when that time comes(But Death is dead so...)

Yeah but the Christian God made the universe they live in and then the Earth which they live on.

How in the world could they have existed before God created the universe itself at the dawn of time. Their power being so extremely reliant on humanity is very strange if they existed even before humans, why would your power source be something that doesn't exist? They live on earth and don't seem to have any realm of their own so again I don't think they could exist before god.

Lucifer also said the pagan gods forfeited the planet to the angels, when the hell was this? When Judaism showed up? Jesus? Adam and Eve? What does forfeiting mean? Did the angels have a hand in making people start believing in the "real" god? It wasn't an organic process that led to the pagan gods losing followers? Why would the pagan gods have any say in forfeiting the planet, god made the damn thing.

I know none of things have actual answers but hey whatever. ana all that was getting away from my initial question. What exactly are they?

My personal bullshit pulled out of my ass theory is that god made them and they there were his trial run for humanity, they were the 1st living things on earth. God and the angels didn't interact with them so the pagans got big heads, then when god made humans the pagans viewed themselves as gods since they were more powerful. Religions formed around them and the pagan gods believed their own hype(creation myths) The pagans being "proto-humans" can explain why they have such a close connection to humanity being their power source. Some time during all this the angels come to earth and tell the pagans they aint shit, pagan gods are in denial and continue to believe their own creation myths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom