• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 11 |OT| No, seriously, it got awesome again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How in the world could they have existed before God created the universe itself at the dawn of time. Their power being so extremely reliant on humanity is very strange if they existed even before humans, why would your power source be something that doesn't exist? They live on earth and don't seem to have any realm of their own so again I don't think they could exist before god.

Lucifer also said the pagan gods forfeited the planet to the angels, when the hell was this? When Judaism showed up? Jesus? Adam and Eve? What does forfeiting mean? Did the angels have a hand in making people start believing in the "real" god? It wasn't an organic process that led to the pagan gods losing followers? Why would the pagan gods have any say in forfeiting the planet, god made the damn thing.

I know none of things have actual answers but hey whatever. ana all that was getting away from my initial question. What exactly are they?

My personal bullshit pulled out of my ass theory is that god made them and they there were his trial run for humanity, they were the 1st living things on earth. God and the angels didn't interact with them so the pagans got big heads, then when god made humans the pagans viewed themselves as gods since they were more powerful. Religions formed around them and the pagan gods believed their own hype(creation myths) The pagans being "proto-humans" can explain why they have such a close connection to humanity being their power source. Some time during all this the angels come to earth and tell the pagans they aint shit, pagan gods are in denial and continue to believe their own creation myths.

When they say "we were here first" I think they just mean before Jesus came and died on the cross and had his disciples spread Christianity throughout the world. It's been made clear that God created everything with the exception of Death(possibly, Death claims it but there's no absolute fact...yet) and Amara. There's only four options: A) God created em and they became arrogant thinking they existed here first(possibly like Death?). B) They are the product of mass believers or C) They somehow existed here first while the earth was unformed, which seems unlikely since they draw their power from worshipers. D) Perhaps God created them as part of humans free will? One of the commandments is to have no other God before Him, so by creating the Pagan gods he allows humans to choose between who they want to worship. It's a stretch but the only one I can think of that makes sense. It's either that or they're the product of that creature the GohstFacers faced, where the monster changed based on what people believe.

as for today's episode I loved the transitions between Dean/Sam and Bobby/Rufus, and the absolute mindfuck time theory that Dean said where he and Bobby existed in the realm at the same time since we never saw Bobby disappear from his time, but we see Bobby disappear then Dean disappear from Deans time.

Also I so saw Dean losing the Rock, Paper, Scissors, he always chooses rock right?

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Wow, I just saw the ep from last night now, that was a clever, well written, and heartfelt MOTW episode. Bobby and Rufus hunting together in sync with Dean and Sam on the same case years later! This season, God Damn it just continues to be excellent. I was almost beginning to tear up when
Dean and Bobby looked right at each other just as the nest was closing.

Did the writers find some magic writing potions this season or something? Did they all take expert writing classes or something? I mean WTF. If the show could maintain this level of awesomeness I'd be on board for another ten fucking seasons!!!!!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Did the writers find some magic writing potions this season or something? Did they all take expert writing classes or something? I mean WTF. If the show could maintain this level of awesomeness I'd be on board for another ten fucking seasons!!!!!

Could be they finally stopped caring what the fans think and just decided to do what they thought would be cool, indirectly giving us all what we wanted anyway.

Could be they finally stopped caring what the fans think and just decided to do what they thought would be cool, indirectly giving us all what we wanted anyway.

What if the writers found this thread and have been taking notes on what we like and dislike? I'M ON TO YOU SUPERNATURAL WRITERS!

Normally I find it irritating when shows bring back dead characters that died season ago. But I still loved seeing Bobby and Rufus again. Their chemistry together is just as good as it always was. Great episode.

Normally I find it irritating when shows bring back dead characters that died season ago. But I still loved seeing Bobby and Rufus again. Their chemistry together is just as good as it always was. Great episode.

I don't mind it if it's flashbacks of the character. when they bring back characters that died seasons ago that kinda irks me, but flashbacks and stuff like what they did with Bobby in heaven don't bother me.

I did kinda call them bringing Lucifer back >_>;

Great to hear the latest episode was great. Haven't had a chance to watch it~

Lucifer had to come back, he's just too awesome of a character to leave unchecked. Plus with everyone thinking Gabriel is dead, he's the only Archangel they could have gone to. Speaking of which, when the bloody hell is Gabriel going to make an appearance again! Last time we saw him was with Metaron screwing with Cas, and we're not even sure if it was really Gabriel or not the whole eyebrow thing he did begs the question of whether it was him or not.

Goldrush

Nitpicky, but thought that Bobby should have figured out what the last part means beside Dean. Bobby was always the brain. Also, knowing that at least Dean lived on would have brought a nice end to his story arc in the episode.

Mengy

Nitpicky, but thought that Bobby should have figured out what the last part means beside Dean. Bobby was always the brain. Also, knowing that at least Dean lived on would have brought a nice end to his story arc in the episode.

I think Bobby realized that's exactly what it meant seeing Dean in there, he just isn't one to talk about stuff like that to anyone else. But yeah, this ep was an awesome story all around. S11 is getting dangerously close to being better than S5 for me, and I'm dead serious.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think Bobby realized that's exactly what it meant seeing Dean in there, he just isn't one to talk about stuff like that to anyone else. But yeah, this ep was an awesome story all around. S11 is getting dangerously close to being better than S5 for me, and I'm dead serious.

If they can keep this up and nail the landing, I think they just might surpass it.

Mengy

S11 has too much fucking filler

This season's filler has been so exceptional that truthfully I'd take an entire season full of just filler like this. We don't really need a end of the world main storyline if they are going write incredible eps like this!

This season's filler has been so exceptional that truthfully I'd take an entire season full of just filler like this. We don't really need a end of the world main storyline if they are going write incredible eps like this!

In fact, we need less of that, done with angels.

I've honestly liked the filler more than the "main" episodes in this season. There are very few shows I can actually say that about.

I think it's mostly because I think Amara is a terrible, poorly-written villain, and the less I have to see of her, the better.

I've honestly liked the filler more than the "main" episodes in this season. There are very few shows I can actually say that about.

I think it's mostly because I think Amara is a terrible, poorly-written villain, and the less I have to see of her, the better.

Why do you hate her so much? I think it's actually a really interesting concept. God having a sister, whom he betrayed to create humanity & the universe.

In fact, we need less of that, done with angels.

Yeah they outlived their usefulness. They were an exceptional addition back in season four but now with everything we've seen their lackluster, especially due to how weak they've become.

Why do you hate her so much? I think it's actually a really interesting concept. God having a sister, whom he betrayed to create humanity & the universe.

I would be fine with her if what you just described was all there was to her. But then they started this whole romance thing with Dean. A deity on her level, literally on par with God himself, having affection for a lowly human? It makes absolutely no sense. It's contradictory to things she's said herself. She sees humans as nothing more than ants.

I feel that they ruined what otherwise would have been an interesting female villain by turning her into a love interest. It feels so tacked on and unnecessary.

You're on season 2 of Felicity. Arrow went out with a bang with Deathstroke.
Deathstroke was freaking amazing. I really like Felicity but yeah they're dragging her through the mud now.

I would be fine with her if what you just described was all there was to her. But then they started this whole romance thing with Dean. A deity on her level, literally on par with God himself, having affection for a lowly human? It makes absolutely no sense. It's contradictory to things she's said herself. She sees humans as nothing more than ants.

I feel that they ruined what otherwise would have been an interesting female villain by turning her into a love interest. It feels so tacked on and unnecessary.

O yea, I don't get the romance either. Lucifer & Cain bore the mark too, much, much longer than Dean did, so why is she so infatuated with Dean?

Azazzel

Guys, guys i think i've found what season 12 could be about....

Cosmic horrors! Yeah, i know. The darkness itself is a cosmic horror but more of a religious one i'd say. I don't know why but this soul eater made me think about this and i wouldn't mind it at all. It would be something new and exciting.

Especially if the writers keep on fire as they seem to be.

Wads

Banned
Honestly, I was hoping this was the last season. :( I know it's good this season, but I really would just rather finish the story already...

Begaria

...soooo....how is Sam going to come back now that the rule had been laid out that if they die, that's it, no more coming back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom