• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 11 |OT| No, seriously, it got awesome again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dat preview.

Next week, the shit hits the fan.

giphy.gif

...soooo....how is Sam going to come back now that the rule had been laid out that if they die, that's it, no more coming back?

I thought Chuck(God) was gonna intervene, or Dead would get help form Amara, after all if she's Gods sis she'd probably be able to get the soul back from the void.

Pretty good monster episode to be honest, monsters actually posing a threat and a challenge as opposed to being weaklings. Sam got the sneak attack on the other two, so that's fair. I didn't like Dean sacrificing himself for Sam, I thought we got past that cliche...I thought he was just gonna get close to death and have Amara come rescue him since they're connected and all. I kinda thought he was going for the reaper, but I remembered she said she would want them to stay dead so I thought that was out the window...I was wrong I guess.

And no, no, FUCK NO! Fuck the secrets! It was going so well, they were open and loving and not holding secrets, this shit is gonna go down hill quick. DAMMIT DEAN!

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
One of the weaker episodes this season, but still pretty good.

The female guest star is "Lindsey" from Colony - she did a great job.

Where is Fiction? I haven't seen her in this thread for a bit.

Didnt she self ban or something? Anyways, the werewolves of Supernatural have to be the lamest werewolves in any tv show or movie ever. I fucknng HATE that they cant find proper creature makeup in the budget somewhere. There's literally nothing that set them apart from say, vampires, except for what? Press on nails?

MUnited83

For you.
Who directed this episode? Was it one of the regulars? This episode felt so damn different than every other episode this season. Different pacing, cinematography, even sound design.

Didnt she self ban or something? Anyways, the werewolves of Supernatural have to be the lamest werewolves in any tv show or movie ever. I fucknng HATE that they cant find proper creature makeup in the budget somewhere. There's literally nothing that set them apart from say, vampires, except for what? Press on nails?

Well the fangs and eyes are different too. Vampires have like hundreds of teeth that pop out, no?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Tumblr got a hold of the steering wheel again.

Depends on what they do with this. They've done a good enough job so far this season that I'm willing to give them a bit of rope.

Also, Sam's reminding me of those last few episodes before the season 5 finale. Dude's gone back to being triple tough. I think Dean may have been right about Sam being the one to beat the Darkness.

That was a weird ass episode.

Everything about it felt almost indie-ish. Is that the right word? I don't know man, I'm still trying to process it. Didn't even feel like filler, which it clearly was.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That was a weird ass episode.

Everything about it felt almost indie-ish. Is that the right word? I don't know man, I'm still trying to process it. Didn't even feel like filler, which it clearly was.

I dunno, that conversation Dean had with Billie and Sam's little adventure after getting shot felt rather important. At least like it's foreshadowing.

FZZ

Banned
Weakest episode of the season. Didn't like it at all, it was super filler.

Her account was fully deleted, I think by her request

MUnited83

For you.
Who directed this episode? Was it one of the regulars? This episode felt so damn different than every other episode this season. Different pacing, cinematography, even sound design.

Found it, it was directed by Nina Lopez-Corrado, first episode directed by her in the series.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit

Weakest episode of the season. Didn't like it at all, it was super filler.

Her account was fully deleted, I think by her request

What? Why??

That's too bad :/

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
It's kind of annoying, I really liked the episode but we've had sooo many MOTW episodes in a row, which is really bothering me because the main story was getting really damn intense and it's basically losing steam with me because almost nothing has happened with it.

I'm getting annoyed because I feel like this is gonna lead into the last 5 episodes of the season hastily trying to develop more plot while also wrapping up the storylines.

I dunno, that conversation Dean had with Billie and Sam's little adventure after getting shot felt rather important. At least like it's foreshadowing.

Yeah, there's some significance there, with Billie's refusal, helping put the kabosh on something that's become annoyingly formulaic. It was a good scene, in fact, it's a good episode, with solid acting all-around and an interesting start for the newbie director.

The standalones are sitting pretty for me this season.

Yeah, there's some significance there, with Billie's refusal, helping put the kabosh on something that's become annoyingly formulaic. It was a good scene, in fact, it's a good episode, with solid acting all-around and an interesting start for the newbie director.

I just didn't really like the secret keeping at the end. I do like the once you're dead you're dead rule, their lives were beginning to be as precious as the Z warriors in DBZ.

Great actors, really poor costume design. Although it's kinda easy to tell a vamp from a werewolf, werewolves should be more menacing than long nails, at least Big Wolf on Campus was a tad intimidating and look how old that show is.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.

It was kinda thin significance. They'd already had that conversation, so I don't know what Dean thought he was going to accomplish. The entire episode was recapping what they already knew.

Also Dean's reaction to the deputy was insane. Get Sam help? Nah. Nobody could possibly help with that. Better punch out an officer.

Dumb reaction just to stretch things out.

Kard8p3

Also Dean's reaction to the deputy was insane. Get Sam help? Nah. Nobody could possibly help with that. Better punch out an officer.

Dumb reaction just to stretch things out.

"insane"? "get help"? He thought his brother was dead, he just wanted to get what he thought was his brother's corpse and get out of there to have private moment. How would you expect him to act, the guy who sold his soul to save his brother? Seems in character to me.

deleted

Soo, I didn't really watch this show for the last few years. Tried to catch up one time, noped out during the gods arc (I remember all kinds of gods sitting in a room, then dying) I think.
Sam was all dressed in white and on his way to become the devil and Dean was just back from hell? Anyway, it felt like they didn't really know where to go with the show since the first arc ended. I always loved the Monster of the Week episodes though.

Did the show find its stride again? Is it safe to go back? Where do I jump back in? Season 9, 10 or now?

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Soo, I didn't really watch this show for the last few years. Tried to catch up one time, noped out during the gods arc (I remember all kinds of gods sitting in a room, then dying) I think.
Sam was all dressed in white and on his way to become the devil and Dean was just back from hell? Anyway, it felt like they didn't really know where to go with the show since the first arc ended. I always loved the Monster of the Week episodes though.

Did the show find its stride again? Is it safe to go back? Where do I jump back in? Season 9, 10 or now?

pmvemcM.gif

I don't even know where to begin here..... o_O

Watch the musical episode. I'm sure that'll recap you everything that happened between season 5-10

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
"insane"? "get help"? He thought his brother was dead, he just wanted to get what he thought was his brother's corpse and get out of there to have private moment. How would you expect him to act, the guy who sold his soul to save his brother? Seems in character to me.

Yes... And help with that would've still been helpful. Sam's died plenty. He should be used to it by now.

My insides hurt...he insulted season 5 :(

deleted

pmvemcM.gif

I don't even know where to begin here..... o_O

My insides hurt...he insulted season 5 :(

Wait! Maybe I'm mixing things up here - did 5 introduce Castiel? I definitely watched his first arc through - my memory is a bit fuzzy on that though. Caz was great!
I really don't know the exact point where I got out - maybe season 6? 7? Did Bobby die somewhere in there? Even that would be 4 years by this point. I'm lost :(

I remember the MotW episodes better than the story ones - the humor in the series always resonated with me better then the one note Sam and Dean don't talk to each other ones. So my enjoyment of the series faded a bit when they doubled down on the latter and faded out the former a bit.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
4 introduced cas but he had a relatively minor role for the first half of the season, he didn't really begin showing up much until the last few episodes and then was basically a regular during season 5.

And yes season 7 was one huge disaster of a season, easily in my top 3 least favorite seasons.

Kinda funny. When she died I felt bad, now she's back and I wish she was dead again.

O look, it's Lucy!

Lol "Or did he explode himself?"

Misha getting hansy with that other Angel

Also cheap shot Lucifer :(

BTW what happened to the vessel exploding in blood? Did Lucifer just somehow inherit Amaras powers or did the writers decide that exploding Ina grace explosion made more sense?

Deans sex fantasies lol

Also thank you Crowly their bickering is getting bad :p

Amara nuked heaven...

Did the ginger shit her pants?

Trap is gonna fail and Lucifer will get the horn, smite Crowly or Rowena, or just escape with it.

Awful episode so far.

First half of the season was damn near perfect, they've been shitting the bed in a spectacular way since episode 11.

Awful episode so far.

First half of the season was damn near perfect, they've been shitting the bed in a spectacular way since episode 11.

This feels more like a table setting episode than anything. Just set everything up for the rest of the season.

EDIT: WTF? A triple possession?

Awful episode so far.

Why do you hate it?

...did Crowly just have a three way with Cas and Lucifer?

Is Castiel watching Netflix?

And why is Cas so damn chill?

O, hey King of Hell, sup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom