• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 11 |OT| No, seriously, it got awesome again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
being a prophet he most likely ascended to heaven after his role was finished, then he could have fallen from heaven when the angels did.
Yup. Or there were no prophets left after Kevin, so Chuck got recycled.

Edit: I am fully prepared to be wrong on this. Doesn't mean I can't dream.

Dries

tumblr_inline_o5axipVUDG1titxkk_500.gif

credits

d3vnull

Loved this episode. Misha and Mark stole the show.

Do we have a gif of Lucy imitating Deans "CAS!" and his reaction to it?

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
As I said, nothing on the show itself has said it. I know they joked in interviews, but until it is explicitly said in the show it is still speculation.

Chuck is God.
The show has not come out and blatantly said it, but it has most certainly said it between the lines, several times. It's all there spelled out for us, you just have to not be in denial in order to accept it.

While I agree it would be great to see JDM come back in some form, it won't be as God.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Chuck is God.
The show has not come out and blatantly said it, but it has most certainly said it between the lines, several times. It's all there spelled out for us, you just have to not be in denial in order to accept it.

While I agree it would be great to see JDM come back in some form, it won't be as God.

in the show? when?

Chuck is God.

I said I am prepared to accept Chuck as God. And as I said before, it has been hinted. However it has not been explicitly said.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
in the show? when?

Really? Okay, here are some reasons that the show spread around throughout the seasons pointing us to who is God:

- Chuck received visions of the future, the prophet Kevin did not have this power
- Chuck could hear the angels talking and feel their presence, Kevin could not do that
- Chuck appears in a nice white shirt, out of character for him, at the end of S5 musing on how hard endings are before vanishing right before our eyes. Kevin did not have this power
- Chuck wrote the Supernatural books about Sam and Dean that Castiel himself said would one day be known as the Winchester Gospels. Gospels are the word of God....note that Kevin did not do anything even remotely like this
- Joshua, one of the angels, confirmed to Sam and Dean in S5 that God is walking the Earth here and now
- Chuck appears in the musical in S10, yet Kevin was a prophet AFTER Chuck. Castiel said in S5 that there can only be one prophet at a time, and that new ones are chosen upon the current prophet's death. But Chuck did not die when he vanished in S5's finale, because he is clearly still alive and walking the Earth. So this, coupled with Chuck's extraordinary powers that the prophet Kevin did not have, makes it clear that Chuck was not just a prophet similar to how the Trickster was not just a Trickster but was later learned to in fact be the archangel Gabriel.

Chuck%26Cas.jpg

All eleven seasons are pointing to the fact that he is God, the evidence is just spread around very thinly, but when coalesced it is pretty obvious who it points to.

I personally don't think they will ever have God explicitly show up. He's God--literally the answer to every single problem, forever. Once He appears, it's over, so maybe at the very end of the series finale, we'll get a glimpse, but even then I doubt it.

On the other hand, there is no necessity for God to show up yet, since the episode clearly lays out that the hands of God can only be used by God's chosen, which is why Lucifer couldn't tap into his piece's full potential. I doubt any angel could, actually. Watch, it's going to be something contrived, like God's chosen are humans, or something.

And it's also too bad about Death. I wonder if he could have done something about Amara (even though he already said he couldn't last season).

BAH! Still pulling for Jeffrey Dean Morgan to show up as God. Been shipping that idea since season 5.

Sam and Dean are the chosen vessels for Lucifer and Michael, so it makes sense that their father would be the vessel for God.

I never thought of that before, I like that theory. Raises them to be hunters so they can save people.

I still like Chuck being God more though, Chuck is just so hilarious.

That explosion happened in Heaven, so there was no vessel. The angels just seem to have human forms due to budget, I'm assuming.

I think they still have their vessel in heaven. However, it is likely he never took a vessel on Earth and therefore wouldn't have one in Heaven.

I personally don't think they will ever have God explicitly show up. He's God--literally the answer to every single problem, forever. Once He appears, it's over, so maybe at the very end of the series finale, we'll get a glimpse, but even then I doubt it.

On the other hand, there is no necessity for God to show up yet, since the episode clearly lays out that the hands of God can only be used by God's chosen, which is why Lucifer couldn't tap into his piece's full potential. I doubt any angel could, actually. Watch, it's going to be something contrived, like God's chosen are humans, or something.

And it's also too bad about Death. I wonder if he could have done something about Amara (even though he already said he couldn't last season).

I'm betting it being Dean. Remember when Dean killed the Whore of Babylon? Coupled with him being Michael's vessel, and Michael translates to "He who is like God?" Dean is also always ready to sacrifice himself to save others and more importantly his brother. Jesus sacrificed himself to save humanity.

It's either Dean or Cas, since God seems to bring Cas back to life a lot.

It may also be Michael since he's still alive, just crying in the corner in the cage.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Rowena coming back was unexpected I guess...

Pretty good episode though in terms of we have very little idea of what's going to happen next.

tirminyl

Just an exercise of thought from my perspective.

I don't agree that it is over once God appears. And this deal with the hand of God and his chosen is bothering me.

Amara is God's equal if not great than him. As previously stated, it took God, and his host of Archangels, to take down Amara and lock her away.

So, how is it plausible than an object that has his (diluted?) power and a single chosen being or archangel is greater than God himself and a host of Archangels?

Did the writers forget the power precedence they set when introducing Amara? Or are they realizing the corner they put themselves into and are now trying to convince us that it will take less today than it did eons ago, to lock Amara away again?

I think that when God shows up, it will be some sort of bullshit amends or they both die fighting and they all carry on as they have all this time without him. If not, I still think he can give two craps about what's going on. He will be back in his meat suit trying to desperately finish The Winds of Winter by 2022.

Parallax

Really? Okay, here are some reasons that the show spread around throughout the seasons pointing us to who is God:

- Chuck received visions of the future, the prophet Kevin did not have this power
- Chuck could hear the angels talking and feel their presence, Kevin could not do that
- Chuck appears in a nice white shirt, out of character for him, at the end of S5 musing on how hard endings are before vanishing right before our eyes. Kevin did not have this power
- Chuck wrote the Supernatural books about Sam and Dean that Castiel himself said would one day be known as the Winchester Gospels. Gospels are the word of God....note that Kevin did not do anything even remotely like this
- Joshua, one of the angels, confirmed to Sam and Dean in S5 that God is walking the Earth here and now
- Chuck appears in the musical in S10, yet Kevin was a prophet AFTER Chuck. Castiel said in S5 that there can only be one prophet at a time, and that new ones are chosen upon the current prophet's death. But Chuck did not die when he vanished in S5's finale, because he is clearly still alive and walking the Earth. So this, coupled with Chuck's extraordinary powers that the prophet Kevin did not have, makes it clear that Chuck was not just a prophet similar to how the Trickster was not just a Trickster but was later learned to in fact be the archangel Gabriel.

Chuck%26Cas.jpg

All eleven seasons are pointing to the fact that he is God, the evidence is just spread around very thinly, but when coalesced it is pretty obvious who it points to.

...you are aware that different prophets have different abilities, right? because chuck could do things kevin couldnt and vice versa is the point of different prophets.
as for god walking the earth, that could easily apply to both john and mary. especially since neither of them could be found after the gate of hell was opened

Joni

Metatron has stopped the birth of prophets after Kevin.

...you are aware that different prophets have different abilities, right? because chuck could do things kevin couldnt and vice versa is the point of different prophets.
We know of three prophets: Luke from the New Testament, Chuck and Kevin. So we don't really know if they all have different powers, or if they are all like Kevin.

Parallax

Metatron has stopped the birth of prophets after Kevin.

We know of three prophets: Luke from the New Testament, Chuck and Kevin. So we don't really know if they all have different powers, or if they are all like Kevin.

why would they all be like kevin?

Just an exercise of thought from my perspective.

I don't agree that it is over once God appears. And this deal with the hand of God and his chosen is bothering me.

Amara is God's equal if not great than him. As previously stated, it took God, and his host of Archangels, to take down Amara and lock her away.

So, how is it plausible than an object that has his (diluted?) power and a single chosen being or archangel is greater than God himself and a host of Archangels?

Did the writers forget the power precedence they set when introducing Amara? Or are they realizing the corner they put themselves into and are now trying to convince us that it will take less today than it did eons ago, to lock Amara away again?

I think that when God shows up, it will be some sort of bullshit amends or they both die fighting and they all carry on as they have all this time without him. If not, I still think he can give two craps about what's going on. He will be back in his meat suit trying to desperately finish The Winds of Winter by 2022.
Presumably, The Darkness was sealed away when God "let there be light," but that's just my guess. Even still, though, the show goes out of its way to mention that Amara is not at her full power, and Lucifer is the light-bringer or morning star, so it's certainly possible he was actually the one who sealed The Darkness away back in the day.

I am curious where they will go after Amara, though. The stakes don't exactly get higher than this.

tirminyl

Presumably, The Darkness was sealed away when God "let there be light," but that's just my guess. Even still, though, the show goes out of its way to mention that Amara is not at her full power, and Lucifer is the light-bringer or morning star, so it's certainly possible he was actually the one who sealed The Darkness away back in the day.

I am curious where they will go after Amara, though. The stakes don't exactly get higher than this.

Sorry, I'm turning nerd. Here is what Death said:
"Before there was light, before there was God and the Archangels, there wasn't nothing. There was the Darkness, a horribly destructive, amoral force that was beaten back by God and his Archangels in a terrible war. God locked the Darkness away where it could do no harm, and he created a Mark that would serve as both lock and key, which he entrusted to his most valued lieutenant, Lucifer. But the Mark began to exert its own will, revealed itself as a curse, and began to corrupt. Lucifer became jealous of man. God banished Lucifer to Hell. Lucifer passed the Mark to Cain, who passed the Mark to you, the proverbial finger in the dike."

Of course, that is taking it at the face value and Lucifer could have very well been the one to seal her, but it goes without question that the Archangels were required to assist in tricking her in order to seal her away.

I think with her vessel healed, she is full power again.

Either way, I agree. They pulled out the stops with her which is why I hope she wins and does her renovation. There could be some very interesting ways they go. Otherwise it is just status quo.

God shows up and is pissed they killed his sister, no one messes with his sister but him.

as for god walking the earth, that could easily apply to both john and mary. especially since neither of them could be found after the gate of hell was opened

Well, Mary destroyed herself going after the poltergeist in their old house, or so we were told.

As for John he crawled out of hell and has been M.I.A ever since. But would God even have a soul to torture? I guess he could fabricate one which would make sense as to why he didn't give into torturing others. Could also explain how he knew about the "The first seal shall break when a righteous man spills blood in hell, as he breaks, so shall it break." and about Sam, telling Dean he might have to kill Sam. Shit...this John being God theory works quite well.

Joni

Supernatural has casted Elizabeth Blackmore from The Vampire Diaries as
Lady Toni Bevell who will appear in season 11 and 12. Lady Toni is a mysterious visitor from across the pond who has a lot in common with Dean and Sam.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Or, season ends with God showing up and dying by Amara's hand. Next season, shit is fucked.

Honestly I think we had too many motw episodes in a row and the seasons pacing is gonna suffer for it. This last episode was kinda twice as long as it needed to be. I mean amaras attack and working with rowena was ultimately pointless if you ask me. The attack didnt seem to do much except scare the angels into trusting lucifer kinda.

Rowena just was kinda there.
The hand of god failing had a bit of a lame delivery.
And Dean wanting to save his friends at the cost of the world has gone from an interesting relization to gimmick.

I dunno if I am being too critical but the episode lacked any real gravitas to it.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Fucking hell. So I fell behind a bit on the episodes. No problem, I pay for Hulu.

I'm on episode 15.

For some fucking reason Hulu has episode 13, 14, 16, 17, 18.

How does that make any fucking sense. Why do I pay for this if random fucking episodes are missing.

:/

bwahhhhh

Fucking hell. So I fell behind a bit on the episodes. No problem, I pay for Hulu.

I'm on episode 15.

For some fucking reason Hulu has episode 13, 14, 16, 17, 18.

How does that make any fucking sense. Why do I pay for this if random fucking episodes are missing.

:/

interesting, it was the same thing with FiOS on demand. i just assumed it was a glitch or someone forgot to add it, wonder if there was some kind of rights issue involved in streaming ep 15

Joni

Episode 15 wasn't that important in the bigger scheme, so you can safely skip it if you have no other choice.
As for the rights, maybe it has to do with the wrestling?

That was a nice ending, and while I think they could be helpful to the Winchesters, I kinda just want those two to have their happy ending, otherwise this show will just kill them off eventually.

Parallax

That was a nice ending, and while I think they could be helpful to the Winchesters, I kinda just want those two to have their happy ending, otherwise this show will just kill them off eventually.

Pretty much. Randoms shouldnt get close to the winchester machine

Sesha

Tumblr would have eaten them alive.

Good episode. The biology of the creatures were really fucked up. Overall, felt like classic Supernatural, especially with the cheesy bit part acting. Which is why this episode was completely out of place. Not because it was good, but because Amara and everything else demands more time. Stakes are high but they don't feel high at all because of how long things are dragging. I'm guessing they don't know how to wrap it up, so they're stalling until next season. Could be it's CW telling them to keep it going for another season. Whatever it is, we're stuck in a holding pattern. Shame otherwise good episodes have to lose their impact because of it.

They could still get killed. Remember how in season 8 or 9, they brought back random one-offs from as early as season 1 and killed them off?

They only thing saving these guys from death is that they aren't pretty girls.

Really glad the hunter couple got a happy ending (for once!) I was clinging to the edge of my seat when Dean and that guy went into the cave, expecting him to meet a tragic end.

But wow, the bald lumberjack-looking guy was played by a horrible actor. Dude does not know how to act sad convincingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom