• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sweet Baby Inc dev bluntly says they want to burn down the gaming industry

Eesha

Kirche is one of the top youtubers who opens people's eyes to woke bullshit. She was literally the first youtuber who discovered BRIDGE (the evolution of DEI), and made the public aware of it.

Dismissing her contribution to helping us win the culture war due to her avatar is flat out retarded.
i still have no idea how people enjoys those V-tubers or whatever they are called, i straight up avoid any content whit those creepy ass 3D models, i just can't stand to watch it.

solecon64

They're telling this to our faces. They have a list of studios on their website showing us which games have and will be affected.

And yet, the Ghost of Yotei threads are FILLED with brain rotten morons asking why anyone would think the game could POSSIBLY be some woke filth.

Of course these things are cyclical, and by the looks of things, after 7 years or so of this madness, things are starting to come around. But man, the return to a somewhat normacy can't come soon enough.

There's just been so many people affected by this virus.

Last edited:

midnightAI

Mel Brooks Morons GIF

diffusionx

Gold Member
These “people” are malicious actors and need to be treated as such. It’s enough to just say that you don’t want them anywhere near anything you involve yourself with, because that’s giving them the influence they want. They hammer you with this enough and you start to think Girlboss of Tsushima is great and “anti woke is the same as woke.” No, all this can fuck off and I don’t have to engage with any of them.

Madonis

The creation of DEI detected on Steam has been a real boon in all this. Less and less people are willing to support games with this mind rot and tools like that help identify them. I believe it's going to take further financial repercussions for game companies to get the message that customers should be their priority, but the fact that certain companies jettisoned that bit of common sense is just so ridiculous to start with.

Considering there's a bunch of perfectly good games, regardless of their sales being large or small, and even a number of rather huge titles listed as "not recommended" on that page....yeah, that's probably not going to work out the way you think.

For the record, in isolation I can agree with a number of specific complaints (not all of them), but others just come across like "look at these DEI people, they're eating crackers".

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Character models aren't a fundamental aspect of the game that can't be changed once it goes into full production. It'd take Ubisoft an hour and a half to scrub Yasuke from Assassin's Creed Whatever-the-fuck it's called, but finding their balls is the real challenge. Unfortunately, they're in Kim Belair's purse.
No, he’s right. Yea they could remove Yasuke but imagine the uproar both externally and internally. It won’t ever happen.

Sweet Baby is right in that they’re not doing anything these companies don’t want them to be doing.

To be fair lately some of you have been just as bad as them with all this stupid back & forth . How did you all become obsessed with this stuff?
If they hate video games why the fuck are they in the space?

People like this get a strong say in development, they don't hire consultants to tell them to shut the fuck up.

Stop rationalizing this shit, not only do they make games worse purposely, but that money could have gone to the development of the actual game and maybe saved a couple of helpful people from being laid off.

FUCK these people, and stop acting like they provide even the slightest help in game development.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter

Kudos to the fox for keep digging on all those DEI assholes. I love her.

Next time someone calls you a conspiracy theorist, tell them to go fuck themselves.

Male musculinity and female femininity are under attack. Pop culture is infected. Vote with your wallets in order to hasten the inevitable return to the status quo.

History tells me when a video is so edited you can't hear the person speak in full sentences and has more commentary than actual clips, that it's probably being very dishonest.

Like we're all familiar with the concept of an earned laugh versus a cheap laugh but this person just climbs up on a soap box and begins loudly clutching their pearls and making this be about Tarantino a person when it clearly isn't. Why go to all this effort? Just let people speak for themselves.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

"burning the games industry to the ground"
"...it OFFENDS the RIGHT PEOPLE"
"whiteness"

Its plain as day mate, no use trying to cover it up
If it's plain as day, they would have let him speak.

Here's the issue, we can't trust these people because they have been caught lying before. The whole fake controversy where they tried to frame SBI as extorting devs, but you watch the whole thing in context and realize it was nothing of the sort.

So no, I'm sorry, I see no reason to trust someone who Is editing a video so tightly we barely get single trigger words.

Guilty_AI

Here's the issue, we can't trust these people because they have been caught lying before. The whole fake controversy where they tried to frame SBI as extorting devs, but you watch the whole thing in context and realize it was nothing of the sort.

So no, I'm sorry, I see no reason to trust someone who Is editing a video so tightly we barely get single trigger words.
"don't trust your eyes, only trust what i tell you"

What do they add to development that's useful?

I'll wait.

diffusionx

Gold Member

Please tell us what he really means.

Euler007

I hope Spiderman 3 starts with Peter telling Jane that he's done doing dishes and helping her with her career. Bye bitch, time to go smack some bad guys around and get laid.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I get what you are saying. But for Ripley in particular, the reason people don't mind the fact she's girlbossing in the end is because she was accompanied by a squad of tough as nails marines who kick a lot of ass throughout the movie (they even save her from two facehuggers at some point), so the viewer gets a lot of testosterone heroes as well. She has moments where she's vulnerable and suffers from PTSD, she's empowered by her motherhood instincts which are redirected from her pain of never meeting her grown daughter to the newly found Newt, she gets a little weapon training from Hicks, etc.

Ripley could have been an insufferable girlboss, but it's the EXECUTION which made the difference.

Also, back then the girlboss was the exception, not the rule, and men weren't NEARLY as annoyed by them as they are today.
No, there were more tough women in media before the year 2K than anyone can be bothered to remember. That’s the point, you have to stop and think to acknowledge they weren’t so few, because they were credible characters that can’t be honestly compared to the ridiculous, incoherent characters we’re seeing today. A girlboss didn’t have to be the absolute star of the show. Think of Jamie Lee Curtis in True Lies. Who didn’t like her? And she co-starred with fucking Arnold.

Ripley didn’t do strength feats that guys bigger than her would struggle to do. She faced the Alien Queen in a fucking exoskeleton because she is just human. Nobody believed her at face value because she is a woman - no, it takes half the movie for the big shots to understand the situation.
If Aliens was filmed today, Ripley would be played by Daisy Ridley. She’d lead a multi-ethnical group of female marines that clearly couldn’t even lift those guns from their rack, and she’d beat the crap out of the Alien Queen with roundhouse kicks after tearing off its inner tongue-head with her bare hands. This is the kind of stuff we’re fed today.

History tells me when a video is so edited you can't hear the person speak in full sentences and has more commentary than actual clips, that it's probably being very dishonest.

Like we're all familiar with the concept of an earned laugh versus a cheap laugh but this person just climbs up on a soap box and begins loudly clutching their pearls and making this be about Tarantino a person when it clearly isn't. Why go to all this effort? Just let people speak for themselves.

No sane person would say the stuff this wacko does. Only by the language they use you should know they are mental and mean no good for the media. Stop the "ifs" and "buts". These intruders are evil fucks and must be kicked out of the entertainment industry.

And then I wonder how any suit can choose such retards to get involved with their multimillion game. Their output speaks for itself and first debacles are already happening. Because they want to burn themselves down? But how can the suits continue that nonsense? Some ill guided agenda is one thing, but once it hurts your moneyz, they should act and get back to formulas that built the industry and actually improve from there? Not replace money printers with morons that are not close to being able to compete with the coming AI writers. No?

Davevil

Late October Surprise
Kirche is one of the top youtubers who opens people's eyes to woke bullshit. She was literally the first youtuber who discovered BRIDGE (the evolution of DEI), and made the public aware of it.

Dismissing her contribution to helping us win the culture war due to her avatar is flat out retarded.
f6e9fc67-0ede-427d-9c3c-96486a045353-1673495117152.jpg

act like a retard - get treated by me like you're retard

wth?
what is this from?
Quentin Tarantino`s "Once Upon A Time in Hollywood".

One of the very...very few good scenes in that movie. The last ~10ish minutes are great oldschool violence, the 2 hours before that...are unfortunately quite a slog.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Please tell us what he really means.

I'd love to, but this video doesn't contain a single word of him speaking, despite it being a video presentation where he talks through the whole thing and instead I just hear the voices of two people telling me what to feel about it.

That's two for two now. I haven't seen the original thing I don't know what he meant and I don't aim to defend it but I can see how hard these people are trying to spin it and how they are fencing off context like it's an angry bear, and I have to ask what they are hiding.

Last edited:

Saber

I expected nothing different. Remember how they said how to force companies into doing contract them(threats). This does not surprise me at all.

Last edited:

Nikodemos

Are they/them even dev? I believe they are just story consultants.
They're part of the diversity-washing grift. Basically, they are used for KPI when doing the whole corpo performance art gig known as DEI.
Corpos aren't just given money for DEI, since it would lead to a "we've investigated ourselves, and found nothing wrong" issue. So they have to demonstrate they implemented whatever (bullshit) KPIs are required to satisfy the investor(s).
That's where the likes of SBI come in. The implementation of their "suggestions" (read: demands) is a way to prove that the corpo is eligible for DEI gibmedats. And SBI know it, so they shove their retarded politics through.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

I'd love to, but this video doesn't contain a single word of him speaking, despite it being a video presentation where he talks through the whole thing and instead I just hear the voices of two people telling me what to feel about it.

That's two for two now. I haven't seen the original thing I don't know what he meant and I don't aim to defend it but I can see how hard these people are trying to spin it and how they are fencing off context like it's an angry bear, and I have to ask what they are hiding.
Unfuckingbelievable.

To be fair lately some of you have been just as bad as them with all this stupid back & forth . How did you all become obsessed with this stuff?
Because this stuff has infected nearly all aspects of Western society and we know the people behind it are acting in bad faith and have an agenda. These people are marxist revolutionaries. They take over institutions of power and influence and they've been doing a good job of it the last decade. You can laugh but it's true, these people aren't shy about what their goals are.

FrankWza

What's with all the Tarantino bashing? Is this video why this is happening in another thread?

Top Bottom