• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

merry christmas, asshole

NEoMg.jpg

I've only had 3 hat drops since July so I'm not that lucky :(

Boy, I've been lucky. I usually don't gamble with token crafts, but recently I've tried my luck twice and both times got something I didn't have :D

Sharp Dresser and a Three-Rune Blade, awwww yeah!

Also some red text caught my eye. When did they add the "+20% damage from melee sources while active" debuff to the Powerjack??

I forgot I still had a spare humble bundle #3 steam key. If you want it, post your best TF2 Christmas pic. DO IT!

I will take a while to send the key since I was invited to The Lion KIng Musical :O

Yeef

Is there any good reason I shouldn't get all of the easy Winter Achievements on my idle accounts then just gift the prizes to my main account? The fine print in the contest rules says that it will disqualify you from the main drawing, but i really don't care about the main drawing. I just want a bunch of extra games/coupons to give away. It looks like a great deal of games are can drop, so it seems more worth it to craft coal into gifts than to try to win the sweepstakes.

Is there any good reason I shouldn't get all of the easy Winter Achievements on my idle accounts then just gift the prizes to my main account? The fine print in the contest rules says that it will disqualify you from the main drawing, but i really don't care about the main drawing. I just want a bunch of extra games/coupons to give away. It looks like a great deal of games are can drop, so it seems more worth it to craft coal into gifts than to try to win the sweepstakes.

only if you get games and not crappy coupons.

I guess as long as they're not banning people, and the worst that'll happen is you'll miss out on a 1/1000000000 lottery, then sure. Go for it.

Yeef

Well, apparently the games you get aren't tradable. On my first idle account I got HL1 and Garry's Mod, but both are marked untradable. Still, it seems worth it for the coal.

[EDIT]
On another account I just got L4D and it IS tradable. So I don't know what the deal is.

Well, apparently the games you get aren't tradable. On my first idle account I got HL1 and Garry's Mod, but both are marked untradable. Still, it seems worth it for the coal.

[EDIT]
On another account I just got L4D and it IS tradable. So I don't know what the deal is.

I got one that was untradable and two that were tradeable. Dunno.

I was able to gift the first one, though.

Yeef

This is just doing 3 achievements per account (checking inventory, joining group, trading). I'm too lazy to do the wishlist one all at once, but maybe I'll do it for each account as I set it up to idle for TF2. Also, ignore the first two (Aquaria and Portal) because they are gifts that I emailed a friend like a year ago and he still hasn't opened.

BEFORE:

j7qC5.png

AFTER:

XTV9p.png

This is just doing 3 achievements per account (checking inventory, joining group, trading). I'm too lazy to do the wishlist one all at once, but maybe I'll do it for each account as I set it up to idle for TF2. Also, ignore the first two (Aquaria and Portal) because they are gifts that I emailed a friend like a year ago and he still hasn't opened.

So you got 2 game gifts and crap tons of coupons. Not too bad considering alt accounts.

yeoz

[EDIT]

Check how you got tf2 on that account.
If the idler has tf2 as a gift/guess pass, then you never used a credit card on that account, so it's still a limited account.
For mine that were like that, the games are still tradeable after 30 days, it seems.

games
(+1 untradeable),
coupons
coal, with 7 coal crafted just to see what happens.

Top Bottom