• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Forkball

UPDATE

Team Fortress 2
Fixed Cp_Foundry not ending the map in the middle of a round when mp_timelimit is hit
Fixed the Spy saying 'Prego' for one of his 'Thanks!' lines
Fixed incorrect player animations for the Buff Banner and the Battalion's Backup
Fixed some cases where strange Ullapool Cabers and wrenches would fail to correctly count kills
Improvements for client stability
Updated the localization files
Crafting changes:
Added crafting recipes for weapons introduced during the holiday update
When selecting items for use in crafting, the items selected will show their quality in addition to the item name
Ellis's Cap can now be used as a crafting reagent
Item changes
Added The Lucky Shot helmet
Added The Killer Exclusive to the Mann Co. store
Added Mask of the Shaman to the item drop list

Fixed particle display problems for items with multiple effects
Fixed the Dr. Whoa paint not drawing correctly for the Blue team
Updated the Desert Marauder and the Villain's Veil so they can be equipped together
Updated the Fancy Dress Uniform and the Kringle Collection so they can be equipped together
The Bombinomicon no longer shakes the screen and has a delay before the explosion so that Snipers, Spies, and others can get better feedback on the actual cause of death
The Bazaar Bargain functionality has changed: only one stored head is lost on a miss or a bodyshot and no heads are gained when missing while crit-boosted

Proven

TF2 Update. The Holiday weapons are now craftable.

OP phlogistinator demonstration 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1aCIkOEiu8

They cant all be bad players..

I'm tempted to say yes, they can... But a lot of them were just caught off guard. The only one who really stood a chance was the Heavy; he ran way to close before deciding to spin up. The Soldier's just seemed to not notice you in time or were terrible at fighting Pyros in general. The Demo might have been able to take you out if he had stayed farther back.

Forkball

Crate 37 added:

Strange:
The Bazaar Bargain
The Big Earner
The Blutsauger
The Liberty Launcher
Cosa Nostra Cap
Private Eye

Crafting recipes:
spycicle: Reclaimed + YER
mittens: Gru+Fish+Reclaimed
wrap assasin: Southern Hospitality + Reclaimed
Phlog: Soda Popper + Backburner + Reclaimed
Manmelter: Reclaimed + Detonator
Third Degree: Axtinguisher + Powerjack + Reclaimed
Pomson: Bison + Short Circuit + Reclaimed
Eureka Effect: Jag + Reclaimed

New hat:

BE4E67411529BD830ABB5136F79D9C6E488C2C3C

Garcia

Well, after playing this game 4 hours non-stop for the first time yesterday night I can't believe it took me so long to finally jump in. I'm hooked, completely hooked. What an addictively balanced FPS, damn. I already joined GAF's TF group on Steam as well.

My favorites so far are Pyro and Heavy. So much destruction :D.

Oreoleo

Strange Blutsauger fuuuuuuuuuu

I might have to give up not using strange versions of weapons I have the vintage of. Since vintage isn't worth dick anymore.

Ellis Caps can be crafted? Somebody out there is getting incredibly rich. And Ellis Caps are about to get super rare in a crafting frenzy. :lol

Also, they fixed the Strange Caber? Did they also "fix" the Strange Southern Hospitality?

Uriah

Ellis Caps can be crafted? Somebody out there is getting incredibly rich. And Ellis Caps are about to get super rare in a crafting frenzy. :lol

Also, they fixed the Strange Caber? Did they also "fix" the Strange Southern Hospitality?

"THEY CALLED ME CRAZY WHEN I TRADED FOR THESE 100 ELLIS CAPS. WHOSE LAUGHING NOW!"

Yeef

OP phlogistinator demonstration 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1aCIkOEiu8

They cant all be bad players..
You'd be surprised how many bad players there are. I'm pretty sure Valve just mints them on a press. I've always meant to compile a bunch of demos when playing on Valve servers and compile them into a montage of terribleness, but I always forget to record when I actually play.

Multiple times in that video I see people run toward you to attack you despite having a glowing weapon. It's common knowledge that, unless it's a scout, you don't run at people that are critboosted. There were also a couple of people that attacked you while you were taunting, which means they obviously didn't know about the damage resistance.

The Bazaar Bargain functionality has changed: only one stored head is lost on a miss or a bodyshot and no heads are gained when missing while crit-boosted
This change has actually been in the game since the same patch that lowered the widowmaker cost. I guess they just finally updated the description.

Strange:
The Bazaar Bargain
The Big Earner
The Blutsauger
There are so many strange weapons I have to collect, but I'm too lazy to trade. This is a call to arms Jankmen (and Jankwomen). Get me the following strange weapons and I will gladly overpay for them (by a little):

• Reserve Shooter
  • Atomizer
  • Your Eternal Reward
  • Equalizer
  • Family Business
  • The Bazaar Bargain
  • The Big Earner
  • The Blutsauger
  • Crusader's Crossbow

Yeef

I only care about strange weapons for weapons that are hard[er] to get kills with or underpowered. Mainly secondary weapons and melee weapons. The one exception I made is the Strange Scattergun.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
And now everyone's trading around the recipe weapons on the Warehouse. They're actually out of Jags and Axtinguishers, among others.

Issue with the Ellis Hat recipe; seems Valve pressed the wrong button and made Bill's Hat craftable by accident.

So the super cheap, super common hat can now be used to craft other hats, and one of the rarest hat that's used as currency can now be crafted?

EDIT: Nevermind; I misread. So what's happening is that the Bill's Hat can be combined, but not the Ellis Cap. Got it.

But can the Bill's Hat be created now? So somewhere there's a Bill's Hat #1?

Hooray I finally crafted myself a spycicle and the new pyro axe.

Now if they could only make the unarmed combat and wanga prick easier to get.

So the super cheap, super common hat can now be used to craft other hats, and one of the rarest hat that's used as currency can now be crafted?

EDIT: Nevermind; I misread. So what's happening is that the Bill's Hat can be combined, but not the Ellis Cap. Got it.

But can the Bill's Hat be created now? So somewhere there's a Bill's Hat #1?

Oh jeez if that was true the lower half of the market just collapsed.

I cannot believe I did not discover this game til it went F2P. Esp since I was a hardcore Counter-Strike fanatic, but the original TF never did anything for me. Oh well, better late than never I suppose.

Did I miss Foundry, or did we not play it tonight?

No, we never got to it tonight. Too many people voting for stuff we play every night (Hightower, Upward).

It was a honor to be medic'd by you tonight. Shame about that last point on Gorge :[

This is me doing good (by my standards) as scout
I kept being forced into using my ubers, sadly.

Haha, I was the scout you chased down and shot that was on fire, so I watched that kill. Was pretty impressive. I didn't think you had a chance in that fight, but it was a great jump shot.

Well, I'm officially done with TF2. The game is no longer fun for me and all it seems to do is get me angry. Anybody who wants all my stuff can have it for a game that isn't TF2 related.

Javaman

That's great news for the Bluts, my favorite weapon. If anyone has one they want to get rid of I'll give you 3 refined for it. (Strange of course)

Clydefrog

Well, after playing this game 4 hours non-stop for the first time yesterday night I can't believe it took me so long to finally jump in. I'm hooked, completely hooked. What an addictively balanced FPS, damn. I already joined GAF's TF group on Steam as well.

My favorites so far are Pyro and Heavy. So much destruction :D.

I am so going to kick your ass at this game

Well, I'm officially done with TF2. The game is no longer fun for me and all it seems to do is get me angry. Anybody who wants all my stuff can have it for a game that isn't TF2 related.

I've taken month long breaks from the game because I find myself getting angry at it when I should be having FUN. I'd suggest keeping your stuff and just taking a break for a month or two... You'll get the itch and come back. They always come back!

Yeef

The server is officially set up for quickplay from 5AM to 5PM. There are a few differences during this time:
  • Stock maps only as per the rules
  • Damage Spread is enabled as per the rules :| (pellet spread is still off).
  • Set max rounds to infinite, time limit is still there.
  • Auto scramble if the same team wins twice in a row.
  • Option to extend maps during the map vote (up to 3 extensions).
  • Voting is just for the mode, not the map (e.g. Payload/5CP/CTF/etc.)
  • Past maps and modes aren't excluded from being played/voted.
  • Annoying messages once every 15 minutes in the upper left corner telling people how to rtv, start a scramble vote, nominate maps and that alltalk is on.

This stuff only applies during quickplay time. During Real Time it all reverts back to how it always has been.

What? Voting made you play the same maps again? SHOCK AND AWE.
We actually had an awesome 6 man game of croissant. We had a nice back and forth going.

Javaman

That's because 6-man games are the best games. It's after all the babies leave (or before they show up!), allowing you to just play the game and have fun.
I think the endgame of the tf2 decade will be us turning the ingame into an exclusive social club where we discuss the world's ills and talk about how dapper everyone's real life hats look. CPs and flags be damned!

Rofl, all this night it's been asking me if I want to restart for an update. No time for updates when I'm too busy doing nothing productive!

I just idle while browsing GAF, Though maybe I wont now as I maxe dmy limit by monday so playing wasnt as fun (Im a terrible person).

Top Bottom