• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Yeef

Castle is the bestest map ever for cabermanning! I kept jumping over a whole section and killing people (and Javaman's buildings) from behind :D
Too bad it's horrible for every other class and set up. It's even more chokepointy than dustbowl, which I didn't think was possible.

Sianos

Too bad it's horrible for every other class and set up. It's even more chokepointy than dustbowl, which I didn't think was possible.

Yeah, Castle wasn't that great when I was plodding along on the ground, but once I took to the skies it was amazingly fun. Sadly my replay key was unbound for most of it, but I still saved a few great moments. Still leagues better than the unholy trinity of Goldrush/Dustbowl/Hoodoo even without the glory of Cabermanning.

Warpath was alright at he beginning, but it got old by the end. Despite it taking less time than something like Thunder Mountain it felt like an aeon waiting for it to end. By the end of it half our team just surrendered and let them cap. It'd be better if it didn't have that 30 minute timer at mid.

Still, it's nice to have variety and deviate from our stock rotation of Badwater/Gorge/Upward/Steel/Thunder Mountain. While those are all great maps, playing them too much just leads them getting stale. Maybe group those in a "Jank Classics" group and make it so they can't be played/nominated twice in a row.

I'm slowly getting better at landing stabs (<3 Forkball) and being less obvious. It's fun learning a new class after playing Scout for so long.

Forkball

Still, it's nice to have variety and deviate from our stock rotation of Badwater/Gorge/Upward/Steel/Thunder Mountain. While those are all great maps, playing them too much just leads them getting stale. Maybe group those in a "Jank Classics" group and make it so they can't be played/nominated twice in a row.

I'm slowly getting better at landing stabs (<3 Forkball) and being less obvious. It's fun learning a new class after playing Scout for so long.

We really need to play some more custom maps. They aren't all horrible but people boo hoo when they come up in the votes unless it's something like Cashworks. Here are just a few fun custom maps that are on the server:

Cashworks (PL)
Dryway (KotH)
Yamashiro (PL)
Swiftwater (PL)
Zinkenite (A/D)
Gydan (A/D)
Aerospace (CTF)
Sekhmet (A/D)
Mill (KotH)
Indulge (5CP)
Croissant (5CP)
Panic (PLR)
Oilfield (KotH)
MELEEBARN

There's probably many other good maps I forgot. Nominate one of these when the vote comes up and I promise you won't be disappointed.

And NSQuote I wish Castle didn't have instant respawn on BLU because if I had time to save the replay you would be disgraced by that facestab. DISGRACED.

Yeef

We really need to play some more custom maps. They aren't all horrible but people boo hoo when they come up in the votes unless it's something like Cashworks. Here are just a few fun custom maps that are on the server:

Cashworks (PL)
Dryway (KotH)
Yamashiro (PL)
Swiftwater (PL)
Zinkenite (A/D)
Gydan (A/D)
Aerospace (CTF)
Sekhmet (A/D)
Mill (KotH)
Indulge (5CP)
Croissant (5CP)
Panic (PLR)
Oilfield (KotH)
MELEEBARN

There's probably many other good maps I forgot. Nominate one of these when the vote comes up and I promise you won't be disappointed.

And NSQuote I wish Castle didn't have instant respawn on BLU because if I had time to save the replay you would be disgraced by that facestab. DISGRACED.
You forgot Watermill (KOTH) which, I think, is probably the best custom map on the server. I'd love to see it become official.

koth_watermill_final0007.jpg

Garcia

You guys are insanely good. Last night I saw Demomen flying 20 feet up in the sky, Scouts dissapearing from my line of sight in less than a second, and never had I seen so many chained Ubers in the online Servers I use to play.

Damn... GAF is so hardcore!

You guys are insanely good. Last night I saw Demomen flying 20 feet up in the sky, Scouts dissapearing from my line of sight in less than a second, and never had I seen so many chained Ubers in the online Servers I use to play.

Damn... GAF is so hardcore!
Yep. You know how you'll play on some pub and spectate that one player who just makes you feel sorry for them? GAF makes me feel like I'm that "special" player. :(

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Oh! And I finally got my very own Borgnine spray! So that was nice.

It's been around for a while, you just never noticed it. I got lucky this time because you were staring directly at the wall in front of you when it got sprayed.

And @Yeef: What's the "Yeef Queef" award on the stats site? "X times in your general direction." Can't figure it out.

Right, you guessed it. Yeef Queef is times you've been airblasted, Puff Daddy is times you've airblasted someone else.

Also, Yeef you're stupid shitty website for jerks is ugly now, those dumb ribbon icons are popping up again! I looked around but I don't think it's something I have the power to change. Imbue me with this power. Or tell me how to fix it or do it yourself or something.

Forkball

You forgot Watermill (KOTH) which, I think, is probably the best custom map on the server. I'd love to see it become official.
Actually I got Mill confused with Watermill. The map is so good that I can't even be bothered to learn the name because I'm having too much fun while playing it!

Sanic

Really enjoyed Warpath last night. Castle, not so much, but playing more custom maps would definitely be welcomed by me.

Yeef

Also, Yeef you're stupid shitty website for jerks is ugly now, those dumb ribbon icons are popping up again! I looked around but I don't think it's something I have the power to change. Imbue me with this power. Or tell me how to fix it or do it yourself or something.
Yeah, I've been getting lazy and adding the new weapons but not making images. I'll do it on Monday.

Actually I got Mill confused with Watermill. The map is so good that I can't even be bothered to learn the name because I'm having too much fun while playing it!
Well, Mill is pretty good too. It's the one with the barn in the middle.

Oreoleo

It's been around for a while, you just never noticed it. I got lucky this time because you were staring directly at the wall in front of you when it got sprayed.

:(

Out of curiosity how long is a while? Cause I played very very little TF2 from the 2nd half of October until sometime in December.

Proven

Out of those maps my favorites are Croissant, Panic, and Watermill. We really need to play more Croissant.

I hate Cashworks because it's a little too Sniper friendly. It's one of those cases where it would be an awesome looking open ended map if you could actually fight in those areas, like the winding downhill slope and the great bridge. Instead you have to take the flank route, stomp the enemy team, then push the cart through that area quickly.

Swiftwater is annoying at the first and second to last points for similar reasons, but otherwise, I don't mind it so much.

I don't mind the idea that you have to push ahead of the cart to keep the path for it safe, it's when it's required for such large stretches that it becomes a problem. Taking Badwater for example, for the second point you have to take the roof so that the cart around the bend. Then the third point comes up and since it's a long straightaway you're fighting with the cart for much of it, jumping around it and using it for cover.

I'm drawing a blank over what Indulge looks like, but I remembering being fond of it for some reason.

Mill is one of my favorite maps. It's a lot of fun to take the upper most path as a scout.

If I was by my computer I'd photoshop borg to look all sexy time.

Bluth54

Valve needs to hurry up and do a second community map update with some of these custom maps so people don't leave the gaf server whenever they come up.

Oreoleo

It was created precisely on October 15, 2011 at 7:35 PM.

Hah, that certainly explains it. My car accident was early October 16th which landed me in the hospital for 4 days, and left me further indisposed and unable to WASD for the next couple months, so it's no wonder I'd missed the spray until now. All the same, your efforts are appreciated :)

Sianos

As punishment for that facestab, I have been cursed to deal forty damage on every other stab. Wonderful.

The hardest part of spy is not getting into position or escaping, but simply trying to get this damn knife to register. Some nights it works fairly consistently, others I'll consistently alert people to my presence by poking them in the back.

The enforcer deserves the nerf. It was a straight upgrade to the stock revolver. Now you'll have more firing power but you won't know how many shots it'll take. Just hope they go through with this, unlike the tomislav nerf.

Sianos

They'll nerf the Enforcer just like they nerfed the Tomislav. RIGHT GUYS?

Also watch as I single-handedly end Warpath. Even the Heavy at the end was impressed. However TF2 is stupid and uploaded it at 480p when I specifically chose it to be at a higher resolution.

Unrelated to TF2 I also found this video and thought it was hilarious.

The noise of ten heavies firing off their miniguns at once is really loud.

For a second I thought we were going to have to play a second round, but Yeef's Hightower limit seems to have worked here. You have saved our souls, Fork!

Top Bottom