• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'll be surprised if Vegeta is above Frieza. Purely as a villian, his accomplishments are well below Frieza's.

As a villain, I'd put him below Cell and King Piccolo, but here we are.

Vegeta is a character that gets better over time, as he becomes less villainous.

As a villain, I'd put him below Cell and King Piccolo, but here we are.

Vegeta is a character that gets better over time, as he becomes less villainous.

The 'impact on the series as a whole' factor the keep talking about seems to be the key and the most open to dicussion IMO.

I would say Freeieeza had a far greater impact on the villains that came after, but Vegeta's impact on the series seems to be the love for his character and the demand for him and kept him in the series after Namek. Of course, he doesn't really count as a villain after that arc; maybe just an antagonist.

Vegeta, better character
Frieieza, better villain to me.

Hey, something just occured to me: Do you think they'll bother to abridge Plan to Eradicate The (Super) Saiyans after Broly, since it's the other pre-Cell Games "movie" in the series, or do you think they'll just skip it?

It was always down to Vegeta or Frieza so oh well. Both deserved the spot.

Solid list as usual. What's next for next year? Best Arc? Super should have enough under its belt for that to add on to DB, Z, and GT.

Best heroes seems too obvious.

It was always down to Vegeta or Frieza so oh well. Both deserved the spot.

Solid list as usual. What's next for next year? Best Arc?

My hope would be best techniques. Since it's more interesting when there's way more than 24 options to choose from. Are there even 24 arcs to really choose from?

My hope would be best techniques. Since it's more interesting when there's way more than 24 options to choose from. Are there even 24 arcs to really choose from?
Guess I was running off the old way of thinking between arcs and sagas. Like how Namek Arrival, Ginyu, Freiza, Final form Frieza were all separate "arcs" as part of the Frieza "saga" in some video games.

Yeah that would be awkward. Best techniques would be cool though.
Best fights has to happen at some point
wow do i feel special for not thinking that

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

1. Find the Dragon Balls/Emperor Pilaf
2. Training with Roshi/First Tenkaichi Budokai
3. Red Ribbon Army
4. Fortuneteller Baba (also part of above arc since both are about finding the Dragon Balls)
5. Second Tenkaichi Budokai
6. King Piccolo
7. Third Tenkaichi Budokai

8. Saiyans come to Earth
9. Namek
10. Freeza (people often separate the two)
11. Androids
12. Cell (again, people often separate the two)
13. Fourth Tenkaichi Budokai
14. Majin Buu
15. Evil Buu

Then there's filler arcs, GT, Super...

That was great
Vegeta: Do you fools have any idea whose planet this is
Grunts: All Hail Lord Vegeta
Vegeta:Well good. Glad we're clear on that

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
"Freezer with an I"

Loved the Cell and Tao cameos. Shame we didn't see "that MONSTER Pilaf"

Any idea who's playing Broly? He sounds like a guest.

Luigi87

That was fun.

WEN BROLY PT.2!

I like that they work it into the current story of DBZA of being the lead in to the Cell Games.

Also King Kai foreshadowing his own death, lol

jman2050

In an episode of amazing lines, the college interviewer's SICK BURN on Chi Chi was the highlight of the episode somehow.

Nudull

Banned
I was hoping TFS would be a bit more smarter than to fall back with an obvious and tired "trigger" joke with Broly, but at least they didn't go overboard with it.

McNum

I was hoping TFS would be a bit more smarter than to fall back with an obvious and tired "trigger" joke with Broly, but at least they didn't go overboard with it.
PSTD triggers are a real thing. They're just using it them as is, and it kind of fits for Broly. I don't see a joke here. Now Vegeta being the cause of yet another situation turning much worse... that's a running gag at this point.

I kind of look forward to seeing Broly be Broly-ish.. Never saw the original movies, so the abridged ones are completely new material for me.

Veelk

Banned
Dammit TFS

You cocktease broly for like 6 months and then you hold back on releasing the full thing?

That's so annoying.

I admit, when I saw that episode bar on the site I thought "Holy shit, they're hauling ass. New episode after new years so soon?"

But yeah, I don't blame them. Broly has a lot of material to work with and it is the holidays.

Tizoc

"That man is going to be the death of me."
It just fucking flows.

Someone explain the
Son of Bardock thing Paragus mentioned please

Top Bottom