• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

I still don't get that. Freeza?

They're saying Krillin's a sub, which explains why he seems so content with basically being the team's butt monkey, as well as why he fell in love with probably the only woman who both has a dominating personality and one of the few people on Earth stronger than he is.

Veelk

Banned
They're saying Krillin's a sub, which explains why he seems so content with basically being the team's butt monkey, as well as why he fell in love with probably the only woman who both has a dominating personality and one of the few people on Earth stronger than he is.

eh...I got the impression that he fell in love with her because she's one of the few people who treats him with genuine affection. Atleast in TFS's version of DBZ.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

I was definitely looking at it from the Android 18 angle. Especially since there was the sexual element to it.

Lamel

Banned
Base form broly and vegeta stole the show lol.

When paragus says "you've finally figured out my plan" and vegeta says "oookk..." I was fuckin' dying.

Arrrammis

Hellsing is here!

I was wondering how they were going to handle the flashback, and I am surprised they managed to make it funny! Then again, this is TeamFourStar. Also, the final scene was everything I was hoping it would be. A little short, but so incredibly epic!

Weiss

Banned
I'm kinda glad I'm not alone in thinking World's Finest Abridged was bad.

Broly wasn't too good either. The slave jokes were, like, 2009 abridged caliber.

ZealousD

TFS World's Strongest Abridged is still better than their original Neighborhood Cluck version.

Conan-san

Shakey start with the Sonic crack (They're getting unfortunately good at pulling, to use their own script "Four Doods at a minimum" jokes that sound fantastic on paper but air badly) but got a lot better after that.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Hellsing's a weird show. But since we're on the subject...

1) Why was the big titted chick not able to regenerate her arm exactly?
2) How exactly did she survive being shot in the goddamned chest as a little kid?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

2) How exactly did she survive being shot in the goddamned chest as a little kid?

Neither are really explained.
Kouta Hirano's writing amounts to "Is it cool? I'm doing it."

Conan-san

Wasn't she shot in the gut ala barbra gordon?

Veelk

Banned

Oh, she totally can, the bloodwing thing she has is just way more useful.

And it was the gut she was shot in.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Commenting on the second half (begins about 17 minutes in)

Loved how Vegeta was essentially a stand-in for the vapid Broly fans. "SO COOL"

It was a surprisingly meta movie. Bringing up the villains from the previous ones, and outright saying the next one belongs to Gohan. Poor Wheelo.

I want a divorce
Me too! I'm starving
Now that's a callback.

And that's the good Broly movie.

Good thing Bardock's next to cleanse things.
Though there's no gap between Broly 2 and Bio-Broly.

ZealousD

"You aren't dealing with the average saiyan warrior anymore."

"Noooooo..."

ZealousD

Wasn't that movie rushed out because they need something ready for when they reached 2 million subscribers?

They started work on it after they hit 2 million subscribers. It wasn't some kind of 2 million subscriber special that they had to push out the day they hit the number.

Veelk

Banned
I think it was a personal favorite of theirs, so they put the most effort into it. I mean, that movie had the most editing of any they've done up to that point, what with how it ended. Love and effort don't always translate into good however. Though I disagree that it was garbage or anything. Just not as good as their usual stuff.

Top Bottom