• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2015 US Open |OT| 31th August – 13th September

Status
Not open for further replies.

clemenx

Banned
How the fuck is Fed able to return those kind of bomb serves like that. It will always be mind blowing to me, that's why I loved watching him against Roddick lol

Isner pulling an Anderson here

Anderson was 2 sets up not down.

giphy.gif

The player who has the record for most weeks spent ranked 1st in the world, the records for most Grand Slam titles, Grand Slam semifinals, Grand Slam quarterfinals and many of those consecutive -- that guy looks like a world beater?

And the last time he won a grand slam? lol, you act like I was making a comment on his career. No. I am making a comment on his game now, and how he won't beat Novak. Sorry but men's tennis is in a pretty sad state right now, the fact that Federer can even be ranked #2 in the world. ;)

And the last time he won a grand slam? lol, you act like I was making a comment on his career. No. I am making a comment on his game now, and how he won't beat Novak. Sorry but men's tennis is in a pretty sad state right now, the fact that Federer can even be ranked #2 in the world. ;)

What sad state?

You are talking nonsense.

i don't get how that makes it sad. Novak is just playing extremely well. Federer did too once and so did Nadal, didn't make it sad.
well if you think the ATP is sad, please don't look at the WTA.

You guys think its in a decent state? At least a few years ago we had a legit "big 4". Now its either Novak, or we get surprised Novak didn't win.
You don't have to do this. I get it: people shit on women's tennis too much. But pretending men's tennis is less than stellar is not the answer to defending the WTA. The men's athletes today are phenomenal to a degree they've never been, physically and psychologically (arguably tactically as well, but it's hard to gauge because technology and strength have dramatically changed the strategy of the sport). Also, let's not pretend that Federer has played poorly this tournament. His performance here is up there among his best.

i don't get how that makes it sad. Novak is just playing extremely well. Federer did too once and so did Nadal, didn't make it sad.
well if you think the ATP is sad, please don't look at the WTA.

And he also says the fact that Federer can be number 2? Oh I forgot he should stick to the memo, retire and have a walking stick because he is in his thirties.

The guy is possibly the greatest of all time. Even if his level dropped from a few years ago, it would still be good enough to beat 95% of players on tour.

Agassi got to US open final at 35. What a sad state.

scarlet

How Fed won't beat Novak? But the last time they met.... Ah, nevermind.

Smellycat

Glad Federer got through in straight sets!! I wish he could have converted on some of those bps earlier on, but Isner was clutch on most of them. Federer showed some great play throughout the match, same with Isner.

Up next, Gasquet. Hopefully it will be a good one, but with Federer through in straights please :)

This probably should be in the regular tennis thread but since this one is active...

I had no idea that Bobby Riggs and 24 time singles slam champion Margaret Court also played a "battle of the sexes" match. The media has buried the match pretty well because Bobby Riggs won easily 6-2, 6-1 but I stumbled across some footage on youtube. Even Bill Cosby and OJ "The Juice" Simpson was there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1Ueec50rVw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom