• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 4th Democratic Primary Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Somebody should tell me how Dodd Frank works. I mean, is that supposed to be the regulation to replace Glass-Steagall ? How effective is it ? I think anything less than Glass-Steagall is not good enough. Banks should not be gambling with people's savings.

There's a certain amount of irony in this statement, mixed with a fundamental misunderstanding of how polling actually works :lol

You're off your rocker if you think she has performed the best up to this point

The gun response from her was alright but that's the only high point

Lots of extremely mad people in this thread lol.

I'm a Bernie supporter myself, but I'll vote for them democratic nominee no matter who they are. Honestly they're all very similar on policy, I don't see why people are responding with so much vitriol to Bernie doing well, although I agree he needs to diversify his answers somewhat.

You can call people out on policy and bad answers but all of this snark and mean-spirited comments really just serve to cause unneeded anger and feelings of resentment for fans of both candidates.

Tesseract

Banned
bernie to hillary

bladeplex.gif

AlphaDump

Gold Member
Somebody should tell me how Dodd Frank works. I mean, is that supposed to be the regulation to replace Glass-Steagall ? How effective is it ?

To promote the financial stability of the United States by improving accountability and transparency in the financial system, to end "too big to fail", to protect the American taxpayer by ending bailouts, to protect consumers from abusive financial services practices, and for other purposes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodd–Frank_Wall_Street_Reform_and_Consumer_Protection_Act

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Individuals

Yep, i'm tired of individuals contributions of less then $2,700 being used by either political party as an attack. All it says is the people of those companies are willing to spend their own money to support her. And I don't see $2,700 being enough to either owe favors or change policy.

Somebody should tell me how Dodd Frank works. I mean, is that supposed to be the regulation to replace Glass-Steagall ? How effective is it ? I think anything less than Glass-Steagall is not good enough. Banks should not be gambling with people's savings.

The repeal of Glass-Steagall wasn't what led to the financial crisis, as it wasn't the fusion financial-commercial banks that held the majority of mortgage backed securities.

It was the shadow banks.

Loakum

Banned
To my surprise, this debate is way more entertaining than the last Republican debate! (even though the moderators are fawning over Clinton)

Emarv

These threads are great. You guys just keep fighting it out and not looking at the flaws in your own candidate.

Unless your candidate is O'Malley. Then you're just silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom