• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 4th Democratic Primary Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
There is no source. It's mostly speculation as to why only 6 primary debates are scheduled and why the debates are scheduled on weekends. A general analysis can conclude that it's a high possibility that the debate schedule is poor because of favoritism, but of course nobody is going to come out and say that.

However, the desire for less debates is actually cross-partisan. Both the Republicans and the Democrats scheduled less primary debates for this round compared to previous elections.

I think 6 debates is pretty solid in the information age we are in now. I do have some criticism on the 'timing' of the debates.

Wonderful OP, making my friends laugh with DINO.

catohmyi.gif

Loakum

Banned
Another weekend debate before an holiday. This is ridiculous. The DNC is trying their best to help Hillary win.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Cool so as long as people are not watching sunday football or enjoying their 3 day weekend they might watch the debate.

ivysaur12

Banned
When she gets fired from the DNC - Debbie has talents for satire

- Debbie Wasserman Schultz

No one can argue the debate schedule is ridiculous and DWS should not have her job.

However, Sunday at 9 is the biggest time slot for overall TV viewership. MLK weekend is not a very common holiday for people to be out of town because it's in the dead of winter. It's not up against football. It's on a major network. Every other network is in normal programming.

If we're going to complain about the debate schedule, this is not the debate to complain about. I think it could be the highest or second highest rated Dem debate.

Cool so as long as people are not watching sunday football or enjoying their 3 day weekend they might watch the debate.

What football game is this debate up against?

The answer is that it's not up against any football game!

rjinaz

No one can argue the debate schedule is ridiculous and DWS should not have her job.

However, Sunday at 9 is the biggest time slot for overall TV viewership. MLK weekend is not a very common holiday for people to be out of town because it's in the dead of winter. It's not up against football. It's on a major network. Every other network is in normal programming.

If we're going to complain about the debate schedule, this is not the debate to complain about. I think it could be the highest or second highest rated Dem debate.

What football game is this debate up against?

The answer is that it's not up against any football game!

That's true. Football should be over 1-2 hours prior. I do wonder how many people are going to want to watch a debate after watching football all day, but, who knows that may not effect viewership at all.

ivysaur12

Banned
That's true. Football should be over 1-2 hours prior. I do wonder how many people are going to want to watch a debate after watching football all day, but, who knows that may not effect viewership at all.

How many people watch CBS, Fox, ABC, and every other major cable show every Sunday after football has been on all day/is on NBC?

The answer is many people.

rjinaz

There is a chance this debate will be even more spectacular than the RNC debate, but for contrasting reasons.

The Democratic debates are usually pretty boring really. I enjoying listening to Bernie speak and it's at least somewhat interesting to hear policy but at this point, we've heard it all before.

Might be more intense once voting starts and it's down to Hillary and Sanders. Last debate even had that mini-scandal and it still felt flat to me. I do like it when Cooper moderates though particularly.

I actually find it quite disgusting the manner in which the DNC has scheduled these debates. It looks like a very deliberate attempt to protect Hillary from any and anything that could lead to her possibly being seriously challenged during the primaries. Not only is it unfair to the other candidates who don't have her level of name recognition and popularity, it's unfair and downright disrespectful to anyone who is actually interested in the process.

I think voters interested in the Democratic Primary process are being cheated, bigtime.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any link where this will be officially streamed?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I actually find it quite disgusting the manner in which the DNC has scheduled these debates. It looks like a very deliberate attempt to protect Hillary from any and anything that could lead to her possibly being seriously challenged during the primaries. Not only is it unfair to the other candidates who don't have her level of name recognition and popularity, it's unfair and downright disrespectful to anyone who is actually interested in the process.

I think voters interested in the Democratic Primary process are being cheated, bigtime.

Except for the fact she's won all the debates. If they were looking to help her they'd be having more of them in better time slots.

Had no idea this is taking place in Charleston! As someone who has lived here all my life and goes to the College of Charleston, I have to say this college is somewhat unique in South Carolina for having large support for Sanders, compared to say what I hear from all my friends who go to Clemson. Could be interesting.

Bernie has a lot to gain and H has everything to lose for this one. At least the Dem debates have a little more substance since the field is ridiculously small compared to the Repubs.

Miracle

Bern and Hilldawg gonna go at it tonight while that other guy (forgot his name) will get a couple of questions and get forgotten all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom