• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

Celegus

Holy shit this run gave me Guppy's Paw, Guppy's Collar, Guppy's Tail and two nine lives. Someone really wanted me to become guppy.

edit: i just found Guppy's head, holy shit haha

Had a similar run last night with Mom's heels, eyeshadow, pearl, wig, etc. Probably the creepiest Isaac I've seen yet.

SerTapTap

7cDPveW.png

i just bite the bullet and started a new save when my old save was getting endless loading.

if it happens again, ill try contacting nicalis.

i'm just going to play one version, cross-save is not implemented well atm so i don't wanna mess with it.

Is cloudsave handled by per-game servers? I figured it'd just go through PSN

TBH I'm kinda surprised it's an M, but glad it's not AO so they didnt' have to take anything out for the PS release. But thinking about it, I guess there's really nothing beyond religious crap (which isn't really what ESRB cares about) that makes it any more explicit than many M rated games. Now, Cunt...probably...wouldn't fly on a console.

Well, we do have these guys:
Vis.png

They resemble walking vaginas; especially when they fire.

FtHTiny

Got Controlled tears on Azazel.
A permanent ring of death. Such an op run. I got the room
full of bosses after mom
and breezed through it.

Meffer

I deleted this after five minutes. I was playing a game as a fetus, shooting baby tears at piles of shit. It wasn't fun and it mystifies me that people would play this. I'm clearly missing something.

I'm surprised you bought it. It's pretty much advertised as a gross game (which is fine), but a really fun one.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Can I be the last one to complain about the cursed tear effect item?
The one that charges a bunch of tears and teleports you out when you get hit.
I got it on my second floor, immediately faced a new boss I hadn't seen x2, and made it all the way down to Mom's Heart. Couldn't do it though. Closest try was down to about 15% health before I got hit and that was that. I wouldn't mind as much if the item were stronger, but without damage upgrades it still doesn't do much.

So I've been playing this since I downloaded to my vita for free on Tuesday. I never knew what it was about until a few days ago and didn't really expect to like it, but now I'm pretty hooked.

Chest Spoiler:

Does anyone know if the golden door on the starting room of the Chest is functional or is it purely aesthetic? Tried bombing my way into it from the other side and also tried clearing every room on the floor to see if that might possibly unlock it, but neither worked. I also picked up both the Latch Key and Mom's Key during the course of the run but that didn't seem to help either.

Pic: http://i.imgur.com/FF1o8Ll.jpg

I got it on my second floor, immediately faced a new boss I hadn't seen x2, and made it all the way down to Mom's Heart. Couldn't do it though. Closest try was down to about 15% health before I got hit and that was that. I wouldn't mind as much if the item were stronger, but without damage upgrades it still doesn't do much.
Yeah, I'm avoiding that item entirely from now on. First time I found it was on the Basement and I was stuck fighting Headless Horseman after having picked up 9 Lives. Nine deaths in a row.

Got Controlled tears on Azazel.
A permanent ring of death. Such an op run. I got the room
full of bosses after mom
and breezed through it.

Yeah, I had that as well and also breezed through the
boss rush room

I'm hoping for it to happen again, since that made for a really fun run.

Ferrio

Banned
Chest Spoiler:

Does anyone know if the golden door on the starting room of the Chest is functional or is it purely aesthetic? Tried bombing my way into it from the other side and also tried clearing every room on the floor to see if that might possibly unlock it, but neither worked. I also picked up both the Latch Key and Mom's Key during the course of the run but that didn't seem to help either.

That door is both in the dark room and chest, and leads to the same boss. To open it you need to assemble two key pieces. You get each piece by bombing the angel in a god room.

I'm so happy to see most everyone enjoying this game. When this was announced as a PS+ game, it seemed that most people were outraged and were demanding Knack over this.

I'm not even kidding. Check any of the PS+ threads.

Con_Smith

Banned
I deleted this after five minutes. I was playing a game as a fetus, shooting baby tears at piles of shit. It wasn't fun and it mystifies me that people would play this. I'm clearly missing something.

Personality? Imagination? How to have fun? Probably missing one of those.

Chest Spoiler:

That's a boss door, but I won't spoil what's in it but it is the same for both dark room and the chest. To get the key you need to get two angel rooms and bomb the angel statues and then fight them. They'll drop 2 key parts that'll combine that will automatically open the door for you.

hbkdx12

Got it on my very first run and then intentionally died because i wasn't going to be dealing with that shit.

Most items that require me to charge my shots i hate but once i realized it was teleporting me i just said fuck it all

That door is both in the dark room and chest, and leads to the same boss. To open it you need to assemble two key pieces. You get each piece by bombing the angel in a god room.
That's a boss door, but I won't spoil what's in it but it is the same for both dark room and the chest. To get the key you need to get two angel rooms and bomb the angel statues and then fight them. They'll drop 2 key parts that'll combine that will automatically open the door for you.

Very cool, thanks for the info. I now know what I'm doing for my next run.

Platinum God isn't the Platinum Trophy?!

If you look at the achievement stat sites that show all the achievements including the hidden ones, there's another achievement called "Real Platinum God" or something. Not sure what that entails. But there was another unlockable that caught my eye called the
d100
and I can only fathom what you'd be able to do with that.

This is my first time playing this game, and it's really amazing. Love so much about it. One thing I don't love though?

This thread. Half the people are vets talking about all these end bosses, while the other half are total n00bs like me. Glad to see that cross sync save doesn't really work for everyone, "awesome" I found out countless upcoming bosses and OP combos and more stuff beyond my location now, but I am ducking out of this thread.

Amazing game though, really, loving every bit of it. Gameplay slows down from time to time on Vita, and I'd love to see it on my PS4, but until Cross Save is iron out in a patch, I'm 100% Vita.
It probably looks better on that OLED anyway a la Hotline Miami

hbkdx12

I'm so happy to see most everyone enjoying this game. When this was announced as a PS+ game, it seemed that most people were outraged and were demanding Knack over this.

GAF has this ridiculous "I like to ride mopeds but i don't want my friends to see me on one" obsession with Knack.

People continue to tear the game down, claim that it's garbage and refuse to just go buy it even at a reduced price but beg for it in every PS+ thread.

Tainted

Has anyone else noticed that the PS4 version doesn't leave burn marks on the ground when letting off bombs ? Or is this just a glitch on my end ?

Becomes an issue when secret room hunting when identifying where you have already attempted to look

Dont seem to have any issues with the PC version

Other than that, the PS4 version is very good :)

GAF has this ridiculous "I like to ride mopeds but i don't want my friends to see me on one" obsession with Knack.

People continue to tear the game down, claim that it's garbage and refuse to just go buy it even at a reduced price but beg for it in every PS+ thread.

My complaint is more people advocating for removing Isaac and adding Knack. I'm thrilled with the number of people PS+ brought Isaac to. This thread is a perfect example of the number of new players getting into isaac because of PS+.

I'm so happy!

hbkdx12

Has anyone else noticed that the PS4 version doesn't leave burn marks on the ground when letting off bombs ? Or is this just a glitch on my end ?

Becomes an issue when secret room hunting when identifying where you have already attempted to look

Dont seem to have any issues with the PC version

Other than that, the PS4 version is very good :)

yeah i don't think they do now that you mention it

Kouriozan

I have it on Vita and PS4 thanks to PS+ but still bought it on Steam.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
So what happens once I get the
"Everything is Terrible"
unlock? I did one run but didn't notice too much of a difference...

What is the 8 digit code in the pause menu for????

BTW this game is AWESOME and crazy addicting...

Those are seeds. You can enter in another player's code at the character select screen to play the same random dungeon they did. You can't unlock items or achievements while doing it, through. It's for people that want to race or have a daily challenge.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Seeing new players enjoying the game as much as I did when the original came out gives me warm fuzzy feels. Better play a round of Isaac as fast as possible so I can replace it with dread. Seriously, the new soundtrack makes the game super depressing.

SerTapTap

Pearls before swine. PS+ has been great, especially this and Velocity 2X on day fucking 1. In a more sane world both are easily GOTY candidates.

Seeing new players enjoying the game as much as I did when the original came out gives me warm fuzzy feels. Better play a round of Isaac as fast as possible so I can replace it with dread. Seriously, the new soundtrack makes the game super depressing.

Mute Music, leave SFX alone, play original Isaac OST. Music won't match your area, but eh. somewhere between 8 and 800 hours in it's just background noise anyway.

Never spent as much time with the original version as I should have, what should be the general gameplan? Do I keep playing on normal for a while(have beat it once so far) or should I switch to hard? Do the challenges unlock anything in the main mode?

kgb_abc

Neo Member
Those are seeds. You can enter in another player's code at the character select screen to play the same random dungeon they did. You can't unlock items or achievements while doing it, through. It's for people that want to race or have a daily challenge.

Thanks man....thought I might have been missing something....

Celegus

Ugh, whatever item I picked up that teleports you out of the room whenever you take damage completely ruined my run. It's nearly impossible to see Mom's foot shadow on the Necropolis floor since it's so dark, and I just kept getting zapped out. Was going great until then.

Necropolis music is really great, at least. Just reeeaaaally hard to see anything.

Okay, here I go - about to boot up my PS+ copy to play this game for the first time ever. Watched a bit of streams but I had no real idea what the hell was going on but I'm excited.

Tainted

Amazing how Isaac: rebirth is doing. If you count in the amount of people playing on PS4/Vita it is quite staggering :)

mnMHtl6.png

Top Bottom