• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

I can't beat this challene
The Solar system one is bullshit, I beat mom and was on my way to the heart until some of those mole rat enemies killed me. Is it me or are the challeneges a lot mor BS this time around?

daxy

Guys, why does this game not allow me to max out the brightness on the Vita? It limits the slider around 4/5th's of the way. Any way to disable it like for the audio loudness?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Guys, why does this game not allow me to max out the brightness on the Vita? It limits the slider around 4/5th's of the way. Any way to disable it like for the audio loudness?

This is actually normal for a lot of vita games, and there's no way to disable it.

Tymerend

I had sunk in a few hundred hours on the original game, and I'll probably beat that pretty easily here. I'm completely addicted to Azazel, which is easy to do since he's OP like crazy. A couple damage ups and some health and he's a wrecking ball.

baphomet

Yep, this was bugging me this morning. Azazel's attack range makes it pretty noticeable.

I got some thing that made him puke blood in a complete circle around him. It was awesome. I believe I also had something that cancelled enemy bullets, so I could just go in a room and murder everything in seconds.

Haunted

getting through The Chest is some hardcore shit. The new demon boss with the weird homing brimstone is a pain in the ass especially when there are two of them in the same room
Please friend, be conscious of spoilers about the new/endgame stuff.

NotLiquid

Oh yeah, I think I'm going to enjoy this run. That's a controllable ring of Brimstone I got in the very first room I entered. Seed is PZCH BJ1D if you want to give it a go!

This seed is nuts even without Azazel. It has Technology at the second level and the items you get makes maxing out the damage a cinch. One hell of a run here.

SerTapTap

Yeah, it's disabled. Mostly because unlocking things while using seeds would make Platinum God trivially easy as you could just seed your way to 100%.

Yeah, thought that might be the case. Was wanting to check out some seeds from here but I better unlock my characters at the very least first. I had an amazing first run and haven't so much as beaten mom since(outside of the challenges)

sackninja

Played co-op for about an hour today with someone completely new to the game. It was great fun. Co-op was excellently impleneted to the game.

Sciz

oh god why

Challenge spoilers:
Unlocked a couple more. Isaac veterans should remember how Ipecac and My Reflection was an infamously bad combination, and guess what made the cut

Ferrio

Banned
oh god why

Challenge spoilers:
Unlocked a couple more. Isaac veterans should remember how Ipecac and My Reflection was an infamously bad combination, and guess what made the cut

Was hilarious watching cobalt/richard do that on stream. Easily one of the hardest challenges for them.

Finalow

oh it's so much better to play on the ps4, won't go back to vita. I'm killing Mom's heart pretty much every run now.

Oh yeah, I think I'm going to enjoy this run. That's a controllable ring of Brimstone I got in the very first room I entered. Seed is PZCH BJ1D if you want to give it a go!
how did you get that many flies?

I got some thing that made him puke blood in a complete circle around him. It was awesome. I believe I also had something that cancelled enemy bullets, so I could just go in a room and murder everything in seconds.

I got that too in one of my runs. Hell, there are plenty of ways to turn Azazel into a murder machine. I'm not saying he's underpowered, just that when you have to get up close to enemies you can really tell how off the hitbox is.

SerTapTap

oh it's so much better to play on the ps4, won't go back to vita. I'm killing Mom's heart pretty much every run now.

how did you get that many flies?

Protip: movement is locked to 8 directions but still analog. So if you're way too fast, you can move slower (on vita too, but it's reaaaallly hard to take advantage of on Vita). Loooooooveeee playing this on a DS4. I like the map too.

ElTopo

Banned
it's hard crashed on me 3 times on the PS4. It'll just go randomly into a loading screen mid game and stay there. Luckily, there is a continue option that lets you start from the beginning of a zone but it still sucks. Had it hang on freaking mom once.

You should join the PC Master Race.

Anustart

Such a bullshit run with ???. 1 solitary soul heart dropped, 1hp up item. All I got. Other upgrades were 2 babies and 2 ball of bandages. Had no shot.

ominator

Neo Member
Oh wow, just had an Azazel-run with:
Dark Bum, Whore of Babylon, Brimstone, Stomping, Book of Shadows (which i totally forgot until now), mask of infamous and a few DMG-up
I defeated Satan in a few seconds, kinda felt like cheating.

seed: KQLR QP1H

I love how crazy you can end up looking in this game. Here is my current game. Just unlocked 3 different characters in a single run lol. Got 4 soul hearts, didn't take damage for 2 levels and didn't pick up health for several levels either. So yeah, 4 unlocks this run. No 5 because I unlocked Azazel too.

Current look
iHL0v4cqPzNyK.jpg

idLmiSNTZynNf.jpg

This one I had all kinds of shit going on. This one I beat Mom for the first time.
iiR2KKoii7kYt.jpg

So much fun. My current run is shaping up quite nicely.

SerTapTap

Say, what happens if you take a seed where someone gets an item you don't have unlocked? Does it still show up since it's part of the seed?

I love how crazy you can end up looking in this game.

I love it and kinda wish you could customize it somehow. I love looking like a demon, but I HATE that "i found pills" face or whatever. I got that while I had Spirit of the Night and it ruined my look.

Say, what happens if you take a seed where someone gets an item you don't have unlocked? Does it still show up since it's part of the seed?

I love it and kinda wish you could customize it somehow. I love looking like a demon, but I HATE that "i found pills" face or whatever. I got that while I had Spirit of the Night and it ruined my look.

It's part of the risk of taking pills! ;)

Sciz

oh god why

Challenge spoilers:

Addendum:
The kill requirement is Isaac.

Kyou

Oh wow, just had an Azazel-run with:
Dark Bum, Whore of Babylon, Brimstone, Stomping, Book of Shadows (which i totally forgot until now), mask of infamous and a few DMG-up
I defeated Satan in a few seconds, kinda felt like cheating.

seed: KQLR QP1H
Tried this out, boy that was a fun run

Chesskid1

Banned
j3vaF5X.jpg

my stats so far, ive been playing like mad but i bet this is nothing compared to some ppl

i really wish all the endings/items/secrets all had descriptions to make it easier, especially secrets for you can see what you've accomplished, but not that big of a deal

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wooooah, first Blue Baby run and I stuck it to Satan. Thank fuck for that Rosary in the Sheol Challenge Room.

SerTapTap

This run STARTED with poly and ended up with a Dark Bum. If I kill Satan when the final boss is supposed to be Mom's Heart I get credit for both endings...right? No?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Got the most game-breaking item combo I've seen yet, I absolutely destroyed the last 4 levels of the game (up to Mom's heart anyway), never even got hit.

B14UqgEIgAATvFX.jpg:large

Add the Bible to this. I'm uploading the last 15 minutes of the run now thanks to the PS4, it was pretty insane (to me, I'm kind of a noob)

demidar

I managed to get a Brimstone + Tammy's Head combo in two consecutive runs.

Hoo boy, is that shit overpowered. I managed to beat the boss rush with it, it is so OP.

Vodh

So I've only had a little while to play the game so far, never played the original. I jumped in for a quick round before I was about to do some other stuff.

An hour later, after collecting a whole herd of familiars and some cool upgrades, then walking over some randomizer dice type floor thingy I ended up with an entirely different set of upgrades, unlocked Azazel (my most highly anticipated character from the cast!), Cain and beat Mother for the first time.

I freaking love this game. I'm tired and half asleep, The Crew beta and FF XIV free weekend are up, both of which I want to play, Blizzcon is in full swing, and BoI isn't going anywhere, but I'm still having a hard time resisting 'another quick round'.

I got the Broken Remote trinket and the item that absorbs one hit per room.

Any time I get hit once I just ZOOP out of whatever room I'm in and I can never die.

My damage sucks eggs, but I can do anything as long as I'm patient enough.

After an hour or two on PS4 I fired up the Vita version and it gave me an error and shut down my Vita. Wasn't my Vita's fault because the message was in the BOI's style. Then I couldn't sync my saves. Are these wide issues? Will they patch them soon?

Top Bottom