• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as it isn't on the level of that guy whose mom watched Aliens 3 times a day for 8yrs straight or something
Damn

No..I can't think of anything I've watched like that. Guardians I saw 8 times in the theater in a span of 3 weeks. Paid for everyone's ticket too..life was going better back then lol. Last viewing was my family (4) and my homeboy's mom and nephews/niece (4)..they all had a blast, so totally worth it.

Old lady was singing every damn song..

Numb

Alien anything is phenomenal, I can almost look past that.

Not denying the quality
Just the time
I run single songs for weeks or a month at a time
But this is next level
No..I can't think of anything I've watched like that. Guardians I saw 8 times in the theater in a span of 3 weeks. Paid for everyone's ticket too..life was going better back then lol. Last viewing was my family (4) and my homeboy's mom and nephews/niece (4)..they all had a blast, so totally worth it.

Old lady was singing every damn song..

Rewatching?
Just for 1 or 2 shows and nothing else
Last Dragon sometimes to show to friends but never goes beyond that.

Slayven

That movie as a kid was both exciting and fucking terrifying lol. Martin Short being goofy as fuck was the levity to snap me out of it..

Still holds up today. Especially with the special effects. But I am shocked you don't have on the list

8f43a0d5cccf5a949363811e85fc3e07.jpg

Not denying the quality
Just the time
I run single songs for weeks or a month at a time
But this is next level

Rewatching?
Just for 1 or 2 shows and nothing else
Last Dragon sometimes to show to friends but never goes beyond that.

I've seen Lost entirely I think 10 times. Mad Men/The Wire 3. Can't even begin to count how many with Seinfeld, All in the Family, Good Times, Threes Company, Soap, One Day at a Time, Too Close for Comfort, Golden Girls..I can binge old shows like I'm just breathing air..

Still holds up today. Especially with the special effects. But I am shocked you don't have on the list

Shit..that's another one I've seen way over 30 times. Aunt came down from NY just to take me to the theater..dopest aunt ever.

Numb

I've seen Lost entirely I think 10 times. Mad Men/The Wire 3. Can't even begin to count how many with Seinfeld, All in the Family, Good Times, Threes Company, Soap, One Day at a Time, Too Close for Comfort, Golden Girls..I can binge old shows like I'm just breathing air..

Shit..that's another one I've seen way over 30 times. Aunt came down from NY just to take me to the theater..dopest aunt ever.

Damn
Just SG-1 and forcing Smallville a second time
And i watch shit on 2x speed even

----
💤

💤

akira28

Adam Walsh, the first major disappearing\child kidnapping case to hit the mega mainstream.

there were missing kids before, but once you get a movie, that shit changes the culture.

Adam Walsh, the first major disappearingchild kidnapping case to hit the mega mainstream.

there were missing kids before, but once you get a movie, that shit changes the culture.

Yup! Forget the neighborhood was lit the fuck up..get your ass in the house veggie that sun even thinks of going down. I'll never forget how crazy that was as a little kid.

---

Think I seen that once, Slay..

Shy

Yeah..kid Got kidnapped in I think 81? They put out a TV movie about it a couple years later and parents and school teachers went nutty afterwards.

Slay linked it..
Ahhhh.

Yeah i remember seeing his dad a lot on the telly.
Flight of the Navigator was the exception. Does anyone else remember that movie? Anyone? I bet Disney doesn't either.
I do. That movie is good.
What y'all know about this?

SpaceCamp.jpg
LOL. I remember that shit too.

RedSwirl

On console, have you guys gone all digital? Sticking with physical discs? Or a bit of both?

Nope. Don't trust Sony and Microsoft having sole control over the distribution and activation of digital games, which is funny because I've more or less gone all digital on PC.

On console the physical ownership of a disc is the only bit of control the customer has over their game. It's the only thing they can freely transfer to someone else under the current system. Console manufacturers need to find ways to open that up (family sharing was a good idea from Microsoft).

On PC you at least have a ton of different digital stores with their own policies. Worst-case-scenario, PC games can be cracked off their DRM.

Actually, where are y'all on digital media in general? Because I'm kinda spotty on where I've gone all digital, but I'm running out of room for more physical media.

Music -- iTunes owns my ass. I pretty much accepted it since I can just tap an album to buy it on iTunes, and iTunes music dropped DRM a few years ago. Sometimes I'll get something on Bandcamp or something. I don't like streaming.

Movies -- Still Blu-Rays. I don't like the DRM that iTunes or whoever else will probably never get rid of. BR image quality is also still a bit better than digital HD. I don't think I have the hard drive space to hold all the movies I'd buy either. Again, I don't like streaming movies I've paid to permanently "own." If I buy something I at least want it on my hard drive.

Books -- All digital as long as I don't have to deal with DRM. I buy books through Kindle and then rip their DRM because I think iBooks is the better reading software.

akira28

as a kid I was just waiting for that parked spaceship with the keys still in it. I knew exactly what I would do. borrow that shit.

Love that movie, seend it a hundred times i bet

What y'all know about this?

http://www.spacecamp.com/img/2016/hof/SpaceCamp.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Disney should just give us Blu-ray already. I hope they don't try remake it in today's culture/environment or whatever.

[quote="Slayven, post: 235272601"]not going to front, Secret of NIMH scared the shit out of me. That movie was intense for no goddamn reason[/QUOTE]

This would be on the list of movies I don't like to watch when feeling like shit or depressed. Hell, I wouldn't watch it when in a good mood either.

Sch1sm

Actually, where are y'all on digital media in general? Because I'm kinda spotty on where I've gone all digital, but I'm running out of room for more physical media.

Music -- iTunes owns my ass. I pretty much accepted it since I can just tap an album to buy it on iTunes, and iTunes music dropped DRM a few years ago. Sometimes I'll get something on Bandcamp or something. I don't like streaming.

Movies -- Still Blu-Rays. I don't like the DRM that iTunes or whoever else will probably never get rid of. BR image quality is also still a bit better than digital HD. I don't think I have the hard drive space to hold all the movies I'd buy either. Again, I don't like streaming movies I've paid to permanently "own." If I buy something I at least want it on my hard drive.

Books -- All digital as long as I don't have to deal with DRM. I buy books through Kindle and then rip their DRM because I think iBooks is the better reading software.

If I buy music, it's physical. I mostly stream now, though. $5/mo for Spotify isn't killing me in comparison to purchasing every song I want in my rotation. I like the discovery in it, too.

I buy physical books, mostly. Book stores own my life. I have a tendency of going used, though. Lot of shops for that in the city core here. I do have a kindle, though, and I'll buy a book on the cheap on occasion. Easier for my commutes.

I buy blu rays for movies, if I care to buy it. I mostly collect horror, and anything else I buy is something I enjoyed seeing in theatres or had interest in if I missed it. Never bought a movie digitally, but I do stream them plenty because of Netflix.

I like having a tangible item, on an overall, I guess. Outside of PC gaming, near everything else is physical.

zeemumu

I legit did not know this existed

You were better off knowing it didn't exist. Even I know it doesn't hold a candle to the first one and I haven't even seen the original in its entirety, just bits and pieces.

I was gonna bring up Return to Oz until I scrolled back to the top and found out that it's what kicked off this conversation. The headless witch was fucked up

"DOOOOOROOOOOTHY GAAAAAAAAAAAAALE" and there were fuckin' gurgling sounds coming out of the neck hole. *shudder*

But...any of you see When Good Ghouls Go Bad? Curtis Danko haunting your nightmares

wgggb12.jpg

Nothing says family film like a kid's charred remains with fireflies for eyes.

zeemumu

We talking about movies that somehow are haunting, because Ernest scared stupid scared me bad. Those damn trolls......

Like the IT miniseries, the solution to this is to watch it again. It's probably not as freaky as you remember. Tim Curry as Pennywise is still the greatest but I don't really find it pants-shittingly scary.

Like the IT miniseries, the solution to this is to watch it again. It's probably not as freaky as you remember. Tim Curry as Pennywise is still the greatest but I don't really find it pants-shittingly scary.

Yeah, you're probably right. Also, I don't get how people think IT is scary.

c8lxjTJ.gif

Its the little things that make a game great.

When I first saw this, I laughed hard. It's so Flash it hurts.

akira28

Damn i miss those books that came with the little LP, I had a gremlins one i loved

star wars ones fucked me up. techno parasites that put these little metal webs all over your robot body....this was a children's story

c3p0 covered in tiny metal spikes, showing intense pain, that was some Croneneberg level body-horror for my young mind.

I'm still waiting for that shit. ��

not me. the odds for a black man in space are even worse than a black child, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom