• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just skip all the cut scenes in most fighting games, do the scraps between, then watch the cutscenes straight through on YouTube at 1.5x speed.
Injustice 2 was like watching a bad DC comics movie. It was so fucking dumb and they don't even have to create characters or anything.

Even when they try it's dumb, the only ones that are passable are the Japanese "this is basically just a whole book" ones.
having a girl stick her finger up your anus is pretty good fellas
Well then.

Johndoey

Banned
Jin might be the most generic protagonist ever created. And he comes in after Kazuya and Heihatchi who are just absolute madmen.

Then he managed to cause World War 3, to kill a demon that was just chilling causing no problems. Hell dude can't even make a heroic sacrifice right.

Sch1sm

Some things you just keep to yourself.

Injustice 2 was like watching a bad DC comics movie. It was so fucking dumb and they don't even have to create characters or anything.

Even when they try it's dumb, the only ones that are passable are the Japanese "this is basically just a whole book" ones.

Well then.

I haven't touched Injustice 2. I'm waiting for a steep sale since my interest in it is minimal. It's got good enough SP content that I want to have it eventually, but even 1 was lol worthy there. I just don't take any of them seriously.

Kreed

Fuckery right on the top of the page? TheAdder and/or Bronx-Man doesn't get banned in the near future for this.

Oh, I think you know exactly where it went.

YuCizhg.gif

Who the hell hates Tekken 4. That's like one of the best. Now Advance that's one that everyone should hate.
throughout my entire time on GAF, I don't think I have seen one positive thing ever said about it, other than people saying "oh this was my first tekken". hell, here's a post from one the first threads I ever made:
Why were you arguing with kids over Destiny?

Also, Tekken 4 is the worst in the series.

as for tekken advance, well, nobody cares about advance. it's not even a major installment since there was no such game called "tekken advance" in arcades; just a scaled down version of T3 with "advance" in the title - it was a popular trend back then I think

Johndoey

Banned
As usual I'm right. The Executioner on Gotham looks good in motion.
--
The Injustice 2 story mode is pretty good. A few forced character intros, but solid.
--
I still can't get over 6. Start a large scale war so you can punch a demon to death breh.

LotusHD

Banned
My favorite part of race threads is the inevitable questions where people contort themselves trying to find that one rare instance where it would be acceptable for someone to say the N-word, or some other nonsense.

My favorite part of race threads is the inevitable questions where people contort themselves trying to find that one rare instance where it would be acceptable for someone to say the N-word, or some other nonsense.

Without fail that Chris Rock bit gonna sneak up in there.

Kreed

Just wait for the Bill Maher "I'm sorry, I made a bad joke" thread.

throughout my entire time on GAF, I don't think I have seen one positive thing ever said about it, other than people saying "oh this was my first tekken". hell, here's a post from one the first threads I ever made:

as for tekken advance, well, nobody cares about advance. it's not even a major installment since there was no such game called "tekken advance" in arcades; just a scaled down version of T3 with "advance" in the title - it was a popular trend back then I think

What are you talking in every thread people talk about how much they love the music or visuals of 4. Like right here. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthr...ghlight=tekken+4+best+aesthetic#post235743889 http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthr...ghlight=tekken+4+best+aesthetic#post211539879

Even then the farther you go back the worst it gets. I love all of them though.

Just wait for the Bill Maher "I'm sorry, I made a bad joke" thread.

If you want single payer, hate republicans and talk about subsidizing college tuition then you can say as much awful shit as you want otherwise and you still above it cause you "not important to focus on".

Johndoey

Banned
Maher's going to double down and bitch about how liberals are oversensitive for four minutes then everyone will forget about it. Until the next bit of racist shit he spews forth.

royalan

So when do we get that first Black Panther trailer?

I want to see what a Marvel film looks like when the cameras are calibrated for black skin.

Shy

royalan

Ummmm, yo. If I had to suffer through, in this thread, a post about a Gaffer fingering two girls at the same time on a park bench in broad daylight (they couldn't even wait until dark. the shit was in broad daylight), y'all can sit through a post about a gaffer living his truth and admitting to liking anal play.

Lets not get as hypocritical as a Baptist congregation up in here.

Numb

Fuck Lars

Why couldn't Lei Wulong play the investigative reporters role?

What the fuck is Yoshimitsu?

Does Kazuya and Jin know bad hairlines run in the family?

Lots of questions that need answers people
Care about stories in fighters
Literally breezed through with one button electrics. Skipped everything
There was something about a satellite and lava island?

Ummmm, yo. If I had to suffer through, in this thread, a post about a Gaffer fingering two girls at the same time on a park bench in broad daylight (they couldn't even wait until dark. the shit was in broad daylight), y'all can sit through a post about a gaffer living his truth and admitting to liking anal play.

All I'm saying is just...lead up to it first. Don't just waltz in and go B U T T P L A Y Y A L L

Zekes!

I'm not a huge fan of the recent focus on making higher budget, more cinematic story modes in fighters. Honestly, I wish the resources went to making other modes and features in the game that actually have some replay value. After I beat story mode I will never touch it again, ever. I'm glad SFV's story mode was separate download 'cause I deleted that shit when I was done.

Shy

It's got nothing to do with being hypocritical.

We're trying to do better all around in here.

And if i would have seen that post you're talking about i would have said something about that, too.

akira28

Roy that was some OTs ago. we're different in OT19.

edit: and I said everythaangs gonna be all riiiiight.

Numb

I'm not a huge fan of the recent focus on making higher budget, more cinematic story modes in fighters. Honestly, I wish the resources went to making other modes and features in the game that actually have some replay value. After I beat story mode I will never touch it again, ever. I'm glad SFV's story mode was separate download 'cause I deleted that shit when I was done.

Excluded story and singleplayer stuff is the fastest way to get people to rage
Other companies have seen how much the casual fans take to these being in and are now gonna always contain some pieced together side job just not to get the heat.

Zekes!

arms looking like jelly filled pastries what the fuck

Excluded story and singleplayer stuff is the fastest way to get people to rage
Other companies have seen how much the casual fans take to these being in and are now gonna always contain some pieced together side job just not to get the heat.

I'm all for single player content, I just want more interesting single player modes than a crappy, linear story mode. It's so uninteresting, even if I love the ridiculous of fighting game 'stories'. Didn't Soul Calibur have like that quest mode or something? There's gotta be more interesting modes they could do besides what we usually get

Hey, hey! Shit looks like it's been getting better nowadays. Injustice and Injustice 2's are better than shit that's been put out in Hollywood. I think Mortal Kombat X was the first one that started this?

Numb

Hey, hey! Shit looks like it's been getting better nowadays. Injustice and Injustice 2's are better than shit that's been put out in Hollywood. I think Mortal Kombat X was the first one that started this?

There's a reason why a meme of only NRS making good fighting game story exists
Because it's true

Let me hold 50 dollars, I want a Figarts

I'm a journalist who is not named Jamelle Bouie/Ta-Nehisi Coates. I don't have $50 for myself. Plus I've never let money get in the middle of a friendship.

Lars being a Mishima was the biggest fucking asspull of a story beat in a fighting game I'd ever seen.

The real Mishima was the friends Kazuya made along the way.

What can you do when the ship is going down, but you subbing in for you buddy on the horn section in the house band?

Try to get on one of them boats.

What the fuck is Yoshimitsu?

Don't even know.

Code:
[IMG]https://ggtriple.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/yoshimitsu-tekken-character-design-infographic.jpg[/IMG]

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom