• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where does that come from, been seeing it a lot

The term “thicc,” derived from the English adjective “thick,” first came into colloquial usage among urban youths as part of the African American Vernacular English in the early 2000s. Online, the earliest known mention of the word can be found on an Angelfire-hosted webpage[15] dedicated to more than a dozen of hip hop artists of that era and created on November 4th, 2004.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/thicc

Urban dictionary will tell you some white YouTuber coined the phrase..but we all know for a meme to go viral it needs to be born with melanin.

But I think this is just a case of her being black and sexy. Nothing about her outfit is particularly overly sexual, she just has the type of body we're not use to seeing in games. Curvy and muscular with realistic proportions

D i Z

Nice one.

This is for you.

tumblr_muoyaan4GZ1qhf8vvo1_500.gif

LotusHD

Banned

Ah, yea I figured as much. I've already spoken about it several times earlier in the thread, but I dunno man, I think design-wise, Nintendo did extremely well with her. Nothing embarrassing about it, gave her defined muscles, etc. etc. The only thing I'm worrying about from is them using official artwork to objectify her in a sort of pandery nod to their thirsty audience, but so far, it seems that they have no intention of doing that:

Not that I want to really praise them for doing the bare minimum of not creating suggestive artwork, but yea, from my perspective, Twintelle is a stellar example of how to make an attractive character without relying on the embarrassing trends that we've long since been able to identify.

So Nintendo's good as far as I'm concerned, but like you said, the "weird" part is the audience's response, and how that can be taken from the angle of how black women are objectified or oversexualized. I can't fault anyone for viewing it through those lens, because yea, people obviously engage in that shit. But at the same time, personally I think that in this case, it doesn't really have to do with her being black. The internet is just thirsty as fuck, and from what I've seen in past years, people seem to have become particularly enamored with curves, big butts, etc.

They literally did (and still do) the exact same shit with 2B from Nier: suggestive fanart, constant posts in Nier-related threads reminding us that she has an ass, etc. From my perspective, it's par for the course, except this time it's doubly uncomfortable because the subject in question is a WoC. Anyways, there's obviously other reasons to like the character, it's just currently lost in all the thirstiness at the moment.

To be funny I guess

Other than the Aku meme for a little while, they failing lol

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/thicc

Urban dictionary will tell you some white YouTuber coined the phrase..but we all know for a meme to go viral it needs to be born with melanin.

No lies detected

Shy

I hope the young girl getting stabbed in the chest with a 12inch knife turns out to be fake. But not looking likely. :(
I haven't heard that. God i hope not.

This is the latest from the BBC feed.

What we know at this stage: Posted at 0:10.

Here's a recap of what we know so far:

Police confirm there is more than one fatality.
Reports suggest there is more than one incident.
First, a white van hits pedestrians at London Bridge at about 22:15.
A short time later there are reports of men carrying knives at Borough Market. Armed officers responded and shots were fired.
A third incident is taking place at Vauxhall, Scotland Yard say.

Beefy

I haven't heard that. God i hope not.

This is the latest from the BBC feed.

What we know at this stage: Posted at 0:10.

Here's a recap of what we know so far:

Police confirm there is more than one fatality.
Reports suggest there is more than one incident.
First, a white van hits pedestrians at London Bridge at about 22:15.
A short time later there are reports of men carrying knives at Borough Market. Armed officers responded and shots were fired.
A third incident is taking place at Vauxhall, Scotland Yard say.
Yeah I am following that now. Apparently a taxi driver saw the girl get stabbed and tried to run over the guy that stabbed her. The cabby has had a few interviews saying the same.

Crocodile

Maybe it's not the right or appropriate response but my response to the Bill Maher thing was basically "well I already had a low as hell opinion of the man so its not like he could really do much to lower it *shrug*". Is that being too hands off? Like on one hand fuck him but on the other I already care so little for him I'm inclined to just shrug it off as "dumbass says dumb shit, news at 11". Is not caring too likely to end up normalizing that bullshit (coming from a comedy man rather than like a politician or someone with a lot of power to affect lives)?

https://twitter.com/DefinitelyaDbag/status/870617549867712512

I need a moment..not even for the article headline, which for all purpose could have came from Brietbart, but for this jackass and others thinking how great it would be for this to occur.

This is the type of thought that if you have to have you keep to your fucking self. Like WTF?

Faustek

stay safe London :(

my dumb ass paid for the professional version but they still gimped it 6 months later to be just like the home version.

I messed around in the templates and it still works for me. No forced updates, no forced proprietary apps taking control and a script to stop any unknown telemetry.

sigh, Swedish PBS(close enough) is often called propaganda channel due to the fact that they "FORCE" diversity in their programming. It's not like we have data that the more inclusive programming is for children the more FUCKING NORMAL kids become and don't loose their britches as soon as they see a brown person. Really starting to think that all of us over 4 year olds just needs to go live under a giant rock and let the kids make the rules.

People love to glorify ignorance.

Preacher, I used to think the same and then I remembered that my parents thought the same of things I see as everyday now. This is especially true for language. It might hold for 50 years or might be gone in 5 but kids are doing their thing and as long as they aren't totally moronic on suicidal or life destroying whatevs. Their life ^^

https://twitter.com/DefinitelyaDbag/status/870617549867712512

[IMGhttps://s21.postimg.org/gnkgvqfg7/Screen_Shot_2017-06-03_at_7.12.55_PM.png[/IMG]

I need a moment..not even for the article headline, which for all purpose could have came from Brietbart, but for this jackass and others thinking how great it would be for this to occur.

uhm...that language. They aren't more than life stock eh?
--
Welcome back young Pride.

--

"Mixed babies are so beautiful" *looks in the mirror, watches old photos* that was over quick.

EDIT: SENPAIatLARGE I saw that edit dude. You are a large weeb ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom