• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

Good games numb, but I gotta eat. I learned a lot by getting my ass kicked.
narutothumbsup.jpg~c200

But goddamn you are savage in your matches.

You can depend on me always running 100%
Win or lose

Shy

Latest from BBC feed.

Posted at 0:57: Vauxhall incident not connected to London Bridge and Borough Market.

The Metropolitan Police adds that Vauxhall's incident was "a stabbing", not connecting to the London Bridge and Borough Market incidents.

Faustek

Latest from BBC feed.

Posted at 0:57: Vauxhall incident not connected to London Bridge and Borough Market.

The Metropolitan Police adds that Vauxhall's incident was "a stabbing", not connecting to the London Bridge and Borough Market incidents.

So two terror* attacks instead of 3. That's always something

*That been established or still the media frenzy reporting with whatever headlines they believe to be true? :(

Beefy

Latest from BBC feed.

Least that is something I guess. Still a stabbing though.

Faustek

"Teen pregnancy, single motherhood, drug addiction, rampart crime and gang activity as well as low wages and poor education (with high dropout rates) is what's really holding the black and hispanic communities back. While racism might have been the initial catalyst (way back) it's more like icing on the cake today. As in not important.
Because if you're born into poverty you'll have to work twice as hard to get out of it because of everything you have to overcome. Most people can't do it. It's something that'll most likely will take generations of effort."

I'm not sure what to say to this....

Never cared for Bob Ross, I am a Justin Wilson man my self

[IMGhttps://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/2f/e5/03/2fe50303ed873364bee23fd3357c46f4.jpg[/IMG]

Don't have a clue who he is. I reckon he didn't have the international appeal as Ross did. sorry.

"Teen pregnancy, single motherhood, drug addiction, rampart crime and gang activity as well as low wages and poor education (with high dropout rates) is what's really holding the black and hispanic communities back. While racism might have been the initial catalyst (way back) it's more like icing on the cake today. As in not important.
Because if you're born into poverty you'll have to work twice as hard to get out of it because of everything you have to overcome. Most people can't do it. It's something that'll most likely will take generations of effort."

Don't have a clue who he is. I reckon he didn't have the international appeal as Ross did. sorry.

As for the first part, it's not true at all that racism isn't important or limiting, it is just as debilitating as all of the other things and also needs to be accounted for. It doesn't exist outside of those things.

Justin Wilson was a famous Cajun chef from Louisiana.

Slayven

I would be on tekken, but dealing with some health stuff that is strongly making me debate spending 6 hours in the ER

Welcome back.

That's because there's no actual difference between the internet and real world.

Actually, just jumped into the new Legends version of the game. Decent improvements, but I wonder how the community will feel about them.

The ability and power system was obtuse as fuck, i am sure folks that stuck with it might feel a certain type of way

I dislike the way they streamlined the game, personally. The new quests just don't feel as engaging, they're too easy to "point you where to go" there's little mystery to things anymore. And the combat was janky before but it wasn't broken IMO and the changes keep it janky bit just less interesting to spec how you want.

And it was just more fun when it was an MMO. There's little reason to group anymore.

Idk I just wish they'd have tried to iterate on what worked and not rebranded and fucked with it instead.

all those things happened because of racism though.

racism in education.

racism in public funding.

racism in policing.

racism in hiring.

racism in housing.

racism in highway construction.

I dislike the way they streamlined the game, personally. The new quests just don't feel as engaging, they're too easy to "point you where to go" there's little mystery to things anymore. And the combat was janky before but it wasn't broken IMO and the changes keep it janky bit just less interesting to spec how you want.

And it was just more fun when it was an MMO. There's little reason to group anymore.

Idk I just wish they'd have tried to iterate on what worked and not rebranded and fucked with it instead.

Are you talking about latter content in old Secret World, or you in beta?

The Kingsmouth stuff felt unchanged quest wise.

The ability and power system was obtuse as fuck, i am sure folks that stuck with it might feel a certain type of way

Then you'll like the Legends version, which is far more straightforward.

I would be on tekken, but dealing with some health stuff that is strongly making me debate spending 6 hours in the ER

Get better, bro.

Faustek

As for the first part, it's not true at all that racism isn't important or limiting, it is just as debilitating as all of the other things and also needs to be accounted for. It doesn't exist outside of those things.

Justin Wilson was a famous Cajun chef from Louisiana.

2. Oh...should I be ashamed? Or can I hide behind the fact that I only lived there for a year?

And for the first part. As Faceless master says here. This is what I'm saying.

all those things happened because of racism though.

racism in education.

racism in public funding.

racism in policing.

racism in hiring.

racism in housing.

racism in highway construction.

Yeah the housing part...gee. When I found out how black communities where literally thrown out of their homes to build whatever. When our Asian brothers where refused to own homes as well. It doesn't leave a good taste but at the same time it's important to remember and thank our fore bearers for actually working so hard so that dumbass little kid on the internets can make up a dumbass word as "thicc" ^^

Better go instead of letting whatever it is fester. If not, read the new Thanos issue....damn was it boring but it was building for something I can hope will be exciting.

2. Oh...should I be ashamed? Or can I hide behind the fact that I only lived there for a year?

And for the first part. As Faceless master says here. This is what I'm saying.

Yeah the housing part...gee. When I found out how black communities where literally thrown out of their homes to build whatever. When our Asian brothers where refused to own homes as well. It doesn't leave a good taste but at the same time it's important to remember and thank our fore bearers for actually working so hard so that dumbass little kid on the internets can make up a dumbass word as "thicc" ^^

Better go instead of letting whatever it is fester. If not, read the new Thanos issue....damn was it boring but it was building for something I can hope will be exciting.

Justin Wilson was wayyy before your time, nothing to be ashamed of there.

Kreed

I see Bill didn't even make it 24 hours. Black Twitter ain't nothing to fuck with.

Saw Wonder Woman and now I have the Firebrand Marvel Vs Capcom 3 theme stuck in my head. Movie was alright.

Time for another dip in the Lazarus Pit. Feel better.

Zekes!

Take it easy old man, hope you feel better
---

Just got back from Wonder Woman...it was better than BvS (and probably Suicide Squad, dunno I skipped that one) but I don't think it was all that great. I found myself groaning and shaking my head a lot, especially towards the end. I feel like it had a lot of potential but didn't live up to it

D i Z

Be well my dude, Slay.

Y'all ain't shit the way you treat the elderly.

Should be ashamed of yourselves.

Walk that nigga all the way in to the front desk. Don't just drop him off outside the home and peel out like that next time.

91f74bd9213bb8ef1ce56da3723467ee.gif

Clancy

Banned
Hey y'all! Just thought I'd formally introduce myself to the thread. Just got my account approved and so happy to finally join the conversation.

A little about me:

Where you're from - Chicago (south side)
What is your age - 28
Favorite musical genre - R&B, classic rock
Your religious affiliation - agnostic
Hobbies - PC gaming
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - none: JJ Fish &a Chicken
Marvel or DC? - DC
Favorite superhero? - Wonder Woman
Anime or Nah? - I fuck with anime
Favorite sport and team? - not really a sports guy :/
What's your favorite Disney movie? - Mulan
What's your favorite video game and genre? - been into rhythm games lately

Bronx-Man

Banned
Get well soon, Slay.

Much love to the people of London.

Welcome, rookie.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOU CAPCOM, YOU GODDAMN HACKS. FUCKING 28 CHARACTERS AT LAUNCH?! TWENTY-EIGHT?!

TheSun

Hey y'all! Just thought I'd formally introduce myself to the thread. Just got my account approved and so happy to finally join the conversation.

A little about me:

Where you're from - Chicago (south side)
What is your age - 28
Favorite musical genre - R&B, classic rock
Your religious affiliation - agnostic
Hobbies - PC gaming
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - none: JJ Fish &a Chicken
Marvel or DC? - DC
Favorite superhero? - Wonder Woman
Anime or Nah? - I fuck with anime
Favorite sport and team? - not really a sports guy :/
What's your favorite Disney movie? - Mulan
What's your favorite video game and genre? - been into rhythm games lately

Hey dude, welcome.

A fellow Wonder Woman fan is always good to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom