• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johndoey

Banned
My opinion of Battleborn remains the same, decent game with some good ideas on in match progression. I like a lot of the casts designs. But damn that UI is messy and it's near impossible to tell anything apart in the middle of a fight. Everything becomes jumbled and indistinct. And the comedy blows.

My oldest system, my Amstrad 464 is under lock and key for me back home. Probably been defunct for years. But with me I have my Genesis, NES, 64, Atari 5200, Atari Lynx (orig), and a busted PC Engine. Those are all of the old systems I still have.

The fuck is this?

Not got a clue about these consoles you are on about in here

smh!

Young people these days :(

I had a Spectrum (the Amstrad +2 model) ST, and an Amiga 600.

Now we talking! I had a ZX Spectrum 48k. And no games for a while :( So i pretty much only coded the stuff that was in the manual in BASIC and 'played' with that.

Pretty sure that's 90% of the reason i'm a software developer now :|

edit: also had a MegaDrive (EU Genesis) in 92-93. Doesn't work anymore...probably played it too much. Worked a full summer to be able to buy Street Fighter 2 for it!

I never had a Genesis growing up. Feel like I missed out on a few things, but I did play a tiny bit of Frogger, Vector Man, Earthworm Jim, and Sonic the Hedgehog at my mom's friend's house and my cousin who had a Game Gear. I think I also played a demo of Toe Jam & Earl at a Blockbuster.

Atari 2600 was my first console. Which is odd considering I was born in '93.

New one or like 'inherited' from your parents/siblings? (I think it was discontinued around that time which is why i'm asking :p)

My first console was ... one of those 'custom'/brandless ones you used to see on cheap stores with 128372387 games (actually only like 10 games with 5 o 6 'rebrands' of each)

New one or like 'inherited' from your parents/siblings? (I think it was discontinued around that time which is why i'm asking :p)

My first console was ... one of those 'custom'/brandless ones you used to see on cheap stores with 128372387 games (actually only like 10 games with 5 o 6 'rebrands' of each)

Inherited. Had Donkey Kong on it. I really enjoyed it for what it's worth.

D i Z

smh!

Young people these days :(

Now we talking! I had a ZX Spectrum 48k. And no games for a while :( So i pretty much only coded the stuff that was in the manual in BASIC and 'played' with that.

Pretty sure that's 90% of the reason i'm a software developer now :|

edit: also had a MegaDrive (EU Genesis) in 92-93. Doesn't work anymore...probably played it too much. Worked a full summer to be able to buy Street Fighter 2 for it!

The Spectrum vs Amstrad days were something. If it wasn't for thef titles I could buy from the newspaper shop or down the market for about a couple of quid, I wouldn't have been playing shit.

Computer mags or the arcade was were where a broke lil dude spent time with the big titles.

Like a majority of manufacturers. I’m pretty sure a disturbing amount of my clothes were sewn by the hands of small, Bangladeshi children.

My clothes were made in 'Murica!!

In a small town bout 5 minutes from here called..... Tai...wan.

Heard they got some good ribs there.

Sch1sm

That's no excuse

We were born in ‘95. The PS1 released the following year. This isn’t Beefy’s timeline, lmfao.

My first console was an inherited NES, then an inherited SNES, then an inherited PS1. Pretty much begged my mum for an n64, ps2, etc, and it just kept on going from there.

My clothes were made in 'Murica!!

In a small town bout 5 minutes from here called..... Tai...wan.

Heard they got some good ribs there.

LOL. Chill.

We were born in ‘95. The PS1 released the following year. This isn’t Beefy’s timeline, lmfao.

My first console was an inherited NES, then an inherited SNES, then an inherited PS1. Pretty much begged my mum for an n64, ps2, etc, and it just kept on going from there.

LOL. Chill.
I started gaming in 95 when I was 5 playing mortal Kombat lol.

Beefy

Yep! My first console was a PS1 and I had a GB Colour.

Johndoey

Banned
mSahrFc.jpg

Zaverious

My first gaming system was a Gameboy Advance then I upgraded to the fantastic Gameboy Advance SP. After that my first gaming home console was the Gamecube with boring Metroid Prime 2. My brother had the fat PS2 so I played on that whenever he let me until I got 2 of those PS2 Slims years later.

cdyhybrid

My first exposure to gaming was the NES at my grandma's place. Mario, Duck Hunt, etc.

Didn't really get into it until I got a SNES with Super Mario World and A Link to the Past though.

So, does anyone think that we could have another third person multiplayer game in this day and age? Other than PVZ GW2 and Gears of War 4 I can't really think of any other third person online games. I'm just asking because I've been rumbling an idea for one. With a mode involving two mercenary teams of ten classes taking down a giant robot and the team that deals the most damage wins the match.

Beefy

Only ever played the NES in a hospital when I was about 10. I had a infection in my stomach, which made my stomach wall lining not immune to my stomach acid. I was in hospital for about a week. Playing Mario all the time in my private room. 😂

I always wanted a gba but never had one

My lil bro had one as a kid, so I threw it at a wall as I didn't have one. 😂

akira28

i didn't appreciate it as much then, but i'm so glad i had the c64 over the NES back then. I missed out on it til well into the 90s but the NES didnt have BBSs.

Sch1sm

My friend from Bangledesh calls himself Bengali is the only reason I asked

I assume either could work, I've always known it as Bangladeshis from the few dudes in my elementary school from there. It's a conundrum of sorts. Like people ask me if I'm Somalian, but we call ourselves Somali, and the language is also Somali. YMMV, I assume.

E: On further Googling, I found that Bengali isn't limited to those from Bangladesh, and is an ethnic group that reaches into India, etc. So, Bangladeshi and Bengali work for people from Bangladesh, but there are easily Indians who are Bengali.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom