• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

The sad thing is you could be right lol.

My first console was a handmedown N64..or ..the psx I gotta hard time rememberin which was first.
The console I always wanted but could never get was a SNES :(

maxresdefault.jpg

Johndoey

Banned
While we are talking systems, any of you have a GPD WIN? I really want one and want an overall opinion of the thing.

It's my Visual Novel, sidescroller, and turn based game machine and it's perfect for that. Besides that I haven't messed with anything too much, but I haven't had any issues with older AAA games. Like early 360 era and back.

D i Z

i didn't appreciate it as much then, but i'm so glad i had the c64 over the NES back then. I missed out on it til well into the 90s but the NES didnt have BBSs.

Same thing for me. We didn't get the NES back then in England unless you sold your own family and imported from an ad in the back of a magazine. I got to play so many other things because I wasn't locked in though, it was worth it in retrospect. I wasn't feeling the Apple systems that we had in schools when I arrived in the states though. No fond memories there.

Shy

My first console as an Atari 2600. (well a 2600jr. That's the only model we got in the UK, i believe)
You had the superior machines.
LOL. Thanks.
Now we talking! I had a ZX Spectrum 48k. And no games for a while :( So i pretty much only coded the stuff that was in the manual in BASIC and 'played' with that.

Pretty sure that's 90% of the reason i'm a software developer now :|
That's pretty cool.
edit: also had a MegaDrive (EU Genesis) in 92-93. Doesn't work anymore...probably played it too much. Worked a full summer to be able to buy Street Fighter 2 for it!
Wish my Genesis still worked.
Wish all my old shit still worked.
The Spectrum vs Amstrad days were something. If it wasn't for thef titles I could buy from the newspaper shop or down the market for about a couple of quid, I wouldn't have been playing shit.

Computer mags or the arcade was were where a broke lil dude spent time with the big titles.
*longing sigh* That takes me back.
Same thing for me. We didn't get the NES back then in England unless you sold your own family and imported from an ad in the back of a magazine. I got to play so many other things because I wasn't locked in though, it was worth it in retrospect. I wasn't feeling the Apple systems that we had in schools when I arrived in the states though. No fond memories there.
???

I had a NES in the late 80s. And it wasn't an import model.

Faustek

Morning/middle of the night bct.

edit: also had a MegaDrive (EU Genesis) in 92-93. Doesn't work anymore...probably played it too much. Worked a full summer to be able to buy Street Fighter 2 for it!

My game was Mortal Kombat. All the blood, all the gore. Pretty sure that's the reason I have no problem if it comes to violence... 🕺🏾

Like a majority of manufacturers. I’m pretty sure a disturbing amount of my clothes were sewn by the hands of small, Bangladeshi children.

Yepp, really annoyed when some people go on and on about fair trade food, yes I buy that, but then go in to H&M to buy clothes. Do they forget how horrible workers in Kambodja, Bangladesh and Vietnam had it under H&M? It isn't new and it isn't forgotten. There is always a reminder. Don't care that they have dope commercials which are hella inclusive. They still have children as slave labour.

There are few constants in the gaming world.

1. Australia will always be screwed over.
2. The UK and EU will always be screwed over.

I kinda enjoy my ability to never worry about health care costs.
I kinda enjoy being able to take out 100 days, per year, away from work yo nurse and care for family members that need it at 80% of my salary.
I kinda enjoy I can do the same for 120 days if, if I get one, my kid if they are sick.
I kinda enjoy that every citizen can study for free.
I kinda enjoy a lot. Even though I don't use it I'm happy to pay for others that need it.

Only bad thing is that people do not understand the responsibility of it. We can have it this way because everyone pulls their straw. Maybe not all the time because they need the help but they do as soon as they are able to and if they can't? Well those that understand the responsibility will be there.

Tldr: I like my Taxes 😸

Village

Battle Network had some of the strongest character designs out of any Megaman property.
37EmeTk.jpg

It did, had the best bass ( i mean, his story was literally just shadows from sonic adventure 2 at that point but lets put that aside ) character design was great.

I like zeroes and ZX's better.

Sch1sm

What the hell is that photo

>Mum extremely ill
>says if she lasts until her son's prom, she'll make it mad extravagant
>lasts
>wants to send kid to Dubai, brings Dubai to kid instead
>kid finessing with a Rolls Royce, a Lambo, 3 different outfits, and 3 different dates

LionPride

Banned
>Mum extremely ill
>says if she lasts until her son's prom, she'll make it mad extravagant
>lasts
>wants to send kid to Dubai, brings Dubai to kid instead
>kid finessing with a Rolls Royce, a Lambo, 3 different outfits, and 3 different dates
Aight

That's lit

Nigga still look not good in that horse photo

LionPride

Banned
I can't even compliment dude's fits because the one in the camel photo is trash

And the one with the two girls got pants that too short and them slip on shoes

Faustek

Yeah that is true. Kinda trashy to have your pants be so damn short. If you are to wear shorts wear shorts. Not this bs in between.

Oh and for the love all that is good, if you are out of college. Do not, I repeat do not wear ankle socks. Barefoot it or wear some real damn socks people. Do not care who you are, I'll put you over my knee and talk until you learn.

Sch1sm

Yeah that is true. Kinda trashy to have your pants be so damn short. If you are to wear shorts wear shorts. Not this bs in between.

Oh and for the love all that is good, if you are out of college. Do not, I repeat do not wear ankle socks. Barefoot it or wear some real damn socks people. Do not care who you are, I'll put you over my knee and talk until you learn.

Cropped pants are a pretty common Spring/Summer trend.

RIGHT!? Special episode in story mode is bullshit too
I'm starting to regret buying it. Haven't played Tekken in more than a decade and I'm remembering why I bounce off the series so much.

EDIT: Say anything you want tangentially related to Dead or Alive but at least the fighting feels fluid to me. I forgot how weird Tekken felt to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom