• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSun

I want a Def Jam: Fight For NY 2, or whatever. Icon may stay dead.

I still can't get over it's screwed history. Vendetta- Good, NY- Great, Icon- Bad, Rapstar(slightly related)- So bad it ruined other games. Plus it's Konami reveal.

~

San An that place man, glad you're having fun and enjoying yourself. Need to head back some day soon.

It's so fucking nice. Got to see a shrine to Selena Quintanilla–Pérez and shop. So much nicer than I expected. Expected tons of constant Texas racism, but getting to be in a Latino - centric area was so much better.

RedSwirl

I want a Def Jam: Fight For NY 2, or whatever. Icon may stay dead.

I still can't get over it's screwed history. Vendetta- Good, NY- Great, Icon- Bad, Rapstar(slightly related)- So bad it ruined other games. Plus it's Konami reveal.

~

Would be nothing without AKI at the helm.

Man, it's so sad how that developer got shafted. Word is they still want to make wrestling games/western fighting games, but nobody calls them up. Now they're reduced to making moe mobile shit and the occasional Yakuza spinoff. If you go to their website they still hype up how they made Def Jam and the N64 wrestling games.

It's so fucking nice. Got to see a shrine to Selena Quintanilla–Pérez and shop. So much nicer than I expected. Expected tons of constant Texas racism, but getting to be in a Latino - centric area was so much better.

Austin down the corridor to San An is great, wonderful accepting place.

Man, it's so sad how that developer got shafted. Word is they still want to make wrestling games/western fighting games, but nobody calls them up. Now they're reduced to making moe mobile shit and the occasional Yakuza spinoff. If you go to their website they still hype up how they made Def Jam and the N64 wrestling games.

I swear, If I get rich, I'll hire them to make an awesome arena brawler game just like FFNY.

----------------

Evening, everyone. Just want to say that some fast food customers are really fucking gross. Just euuugh.

TheSun

Yeah, it needs AKI to be like its good ol' self. I'll be there day one.

Style Savvy seems to be their thing now. Folk like those games, so I doubt any AKI fighter is ever gonna come out like before.

I just want a good wrestling game.

So, I had asked this at an odd hour of the night/morning so most people didn't see this (thank for the link though, akira28), but anyone know any good blogs, novels, comics, just media in general on afrofuturism? I've admittedly had my interest in it resparked after watching the Black Panther trailer a dozen times, yet I only know a few examples (musicians like Janelle Monae and Solange seem to incorporate the aesthetic and ideas into the visuals for their music/performances)

Evening, everyone. Had a weird ass dream last night involving crickets bouncing in front of me, learned it was a sign of good luck. So, gonna take that chance and get a lottery ticket for tonight's drawing. Who knows, maybe fortune might smile on me tonight.

andthebeatgoeson

I am now the owner of a Nintendo Switch, a birthday gift from a friend (and scrambling around all morning after not getting one yesterday). All things considered, we lucked out.

Guess I just have Zelda and Mario Kart to buy and play, for now. I know Arms is a thing too, but I'm feeling eh about it.
Check out the indie games. I can give some recommendations.

ARMS is pretty dope, though admittedly it largely helped that I was able to play it for myself.

idk everything i see of that game looks eh at best. Like something I'd play for the first weekend i get it and probably be bored of it mid day on sunday. They should make a permanant demo later on so when i get a switch i can try it cause as is I wouldn't spend no more than $10 on it without at least trying it first.

Zekes!

idk everything i see of that game looks eh at best. Like something I'd play for the first weekend i get it and probably be bored of it mid day on sunday. They should make a permanant demo later on so when i get a switch i can try it cause as is I wouldn't spend no more than $10 on it without at least trying it first.

I liked the Testpunch but ultimately decided to pass on it. That kind of game makes or breaks on whether I'm gonna play it with friends, and my cousin (the only person I know who also has a Switch) has no interest in it, so I'm not dropping $80 on it to play by myself. I used that money on Tekken 7 instead, because I know it'll get a lot of play over a longer period of time.

Plus Splatoon 2 is out next month.

Anyways, I hope ARMs does well for them, I wanna see Nintendo take more risks and play around with new IPs.

I liked the Testpunch but ultimately decided to pass on it. That kind of game makes or breaks on whether I'm gonna play it with friends, and my cousin (the only person I know who also has a Switch) has no interest in it, so I'm not dropping $80 on it to play by myself. I used that money on Tekken 7 instead, because I know it'll get a lot of play over a longer period of time.

Plus Splatoon 2 is out next month.

Anyways, I hope ARMs does well for them, I wanna see Nintendo take more risks and play around with new IPs.

tekken you say!? we should play tomorrow!

LotusHD

Banned

I hear ya, I personally not really big on multiplayer games myself, which is why I don't often bother with them, as each game makes you wonder how long the fun will last. But the gameplay just really clicked for me, so yea, gonna grab it next week.

D i Z

"As a kid, this is the kind of stuff I dreamed of."

One step closer to getting a proper Black sci-fi film not called After Earth.

Scientology ain't about black people. Or any culture. Oddly enough they are turning out decent films (if we count Live Die Repeat) now. They should have just been a movie studio and left it at that.

Zekes!

ps4 and pc! :) who do you use? I use Lucky Chloe.

Word, I'm ramsesxc on PSN if you wanna add me. If I'm around tomorrow we'll throw down. Not sure what the day is looking like, though.

I'm still trying to figure out who I wanna roll with, but I've been playing Josie mostly. She seems nice and simple, so I'm hoping to use her to actually learn how to play Tekken properly. I tried to with Tag 2 but didn't stick with it. I messed around with Lucky Chloe a bit and thought I was gonna main her. Maybe I'll come back to her.

Slayven

My favorite part of race threads is the inevitable questions where people contort themselves trying to find that one rare instance where it would be acceptable for someone to say the N-word, or some other nonsense.

Not the "black keep racism going subtext"?

Zekes!

I am always sad when new fighters come out. I am utter crap at them and can never justify the price to play with other people.

I'm trash at fighting games, but I have a lot of fun playing them with my cousin and friend irl. I realized the other day that for a casual fighting game fan I own a lot of fighting games

I am always sad when new fighters come out. I am utter crap at them and can never justify the price to play with other people.
Im crap at them too, all i ever so is button mash ¯_(ツ)_/¯ sometimes ill learn a combo or 2
i really need to start Dragon ball Super
Yaaaaaa show is good dumb fun, i look forward to the nee episode every week
Word, I'm ramsesxc on PSN if you wanna add me. If I'm around tomorrow we'll throw down. Not sure what the day is looking like, though.

I'm still trying to figure out who I wanna roll with, but I've been playing Josie mostly. She seems nice and simple, so I'm hoping to use her to actually learn how to play Tekken properly. I tried to with Tag 2 but didn't stick with it. I messed around with Lucky Chloe a bit and thought I was gonna main her. Maybe I'll come back to her.
Dope, ill add you tomorrow, going to be now. Gotta wake up in 6 hrs for work 🙃

Zekes!

Im crap at them too, all i ever so is button mash ¯_(ツ)_/¯ sometimes ill learn a combo or 2

Yaaaaaa show is good dumb fun, i look forward to the nee episode every week

Dope, ill add you tomorrow, going to be now. Gotta wake up in 6 hrs for work 🙃

yikes, get that sleep fam

Real interesting those threads, a lot of folks that been on the board damn near 10 years and only and got so few posts

"Racism thread? Ah, lemme just blow the dust off my old alt..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom