• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man Van Jones really lost his mind didn't he?

Think he might be slowly trading places with Don Lemon?

Anyways, I know some people have been considering DNA testing or have done DNA testing. Please check the terms of service if and when you do so:

https://thinkprogress.org/ancestry-com-takes-dna-ownership-rights-from-customers-and-their-relatives-dbafeed02b9e

Because they might take away your rights to your DNA.

There are three significant provisions in the AncestryDNA Privacy Policy and Terms of Service to consider on behalf of yourself and your genetic relatives: (1) the perpetual, royalty-free, world-wide license to use your DNA; (2) the warning that DNA information may be used against “you or a genetic relative”; (3) your waiver of legal rights.

Sch1sm

Think he might be slowly trading places with Don Lemon?

Anyways, I know some people have been considering DNA testing or have done DNA testing. Please check the terms of service if and when you do so:

https://thinkprogress.org/ancestry-com-takes-dna-ownership-rights-from-customers-and-their-relatives-dbafeed02b9e

Because they might take away your rights to your DNA.

Yeah, this is one of the reasons why I’ve been skeptical of the services and unsure if I’d try it if I made the decision to go for it. Even if you ask them to delete your record, they’ll only remove your name from the dataset, if that.

Even disregarding the now apparent likelihood that it may actually be $500, nah. Doesn't have anything exclusive that I'm dying to play.
same. i've never owned an xbox before and i was excited at the prospect of owning my first, but they'd have to put it at 400. honestly i'm not interested in the exclusives either, just the 4K blu ray player

perhaps by the time black friday rolls around the xbone s will get a price cut?

Zekes!

It's hard to see a point in buying an Xbox when Microsoft's first party games come to PC now.

I rather get a gaming PC at this point

Morning all

anybody got plans to get a scorpio?

Been thinking about it. I currently have an Xbox but wanted to get another console for my girls crib since we replaced her Nintendo WiiU with a switch. (Missing some of the functionality she liked about it)

Figured a Scorpio for me would work out and I could just bring my current Xbox there.

Even disregarding the now apparent likelihood that it may actually be $500, nah. Doesn't have anything exclusive that I'm dying to play.

See this is my problem now. I don't want another Xbox when I don't even play my current one. Thinking about just getting a second PS when a good holiday bundle hits.

I'm just a sucker for getting the new thing when it arrives

It's hard to see a point in buying an Xbox when Microsoft's first party games come to PC now.

Been trying to get into the PC gaming space but just can't seem to manage. It's mainly a time and space issue. It seem like the best course of action but I'll have to wait a bit longer.

Spinluck

I'm really confused when it comes to MS.

PS4 is getting better games, better 3rd party support, and that does not seem to be changing.

I have my Switch for Nintendo games.

And I have a decent mid-tier PC for PC games and some multiplats.

From my understanding a lot of Xbox games are coming to PC or are playable through W10? I don't see a reason to own an XB1.

I guess the exclusives if you care about the performance or are already invested in XB like that. But I don't see any reason for me to buy one.

Numb

I'm really confused when it comes to MS.

PS4 is getting better games, better 3rd party support, and that does not seem to be changing.

I have my Switch for Nintendo games.

And I have a decent mid-tier PC for PC games and some multiplats.

From my understanding a lot of Xbox games are coming to PC or are playable through W10? I don't see a reason to own an XB1.

I guess the exclusives if you care about the performance or are already invested in XB like that. But I don't see any reason for me to buy one.

Feel the same

LotusHD

Banned
Also I just got a Switch anyways, def. don't need another console in my life. I'd sooner get a new TV, or even replace my OG PS4 with a Pro one day. Or just wait for the next gen.

At any rate, if it really is $500, the E3 thread will be hilarious to read through.

What's supposed to be different about the Scorpio or we don't know yet until the conference?

Basically a better version of what the Pro does, in terms of making games play and look better. I don't know the specs off the top of my head though, there are threads/articles that have revealed its power, but I'm sure the E3 conference will just recap it anyways.

D i Z

okay so i'm a bit drunk but i wanna get into some shit here, if ya'l will indulge me

i'm about the whitest dude in MIA & white flight cleared out most of us long ago, but you'd not know that from attitudes out here

by trade, i'm a firefighter/medic, but i got cut during the economic crisis about 10 years ago. i spent a few years working as a private medic after that, but there's no union so it's a shit job

to put myself through college in the day, i landed a job with my university's public safety dept - and years later, i was offered a gig basically doing security with said PD. it's a very small dept in a big city, but they mostly treat me well.

i've spent literally a decade waiting on my 1st choice FD to open up again - they cover all the right districts, they have a strong union, i'd not lose this job when trump/GOP makes this economy go tits up again/etc. and right now, i'm further in the process with them than i've ever been: passed the physical, submit my background, passed the psych etc. just waiting on the medical & a contract.

but years ago, while waiting, i debated working for this small PD - but i got in some trouble back then, and then ferguson happened & i saw another side of people i'd worked with for years and turned a blind eye to, and realized i could never be a cop. it's ugly, y'all....ive seen people on the "them" side literally had calls for backup delayed.

so on the low, i've worked with the closest BLM chapter we have - protested, supported, actively showed interest in helping start a chapter here in my hometown. but because i'm still in said background process, i've had to lay low.

...but it's been 10 goddamn years. a big part of me feels like that jigga line about "you are who you are before you got here" and i don't like biting my tongue so much, nevermind i'm reminded how if i'm gonna even try to be an "ally" than it's important i call out bullshit where i see it, right? but this place...it's the THIN BLUE LINE shit. i literally can't see winning hearts & minds here.

but i also can't help but wonder if my rationalizing that shit like "oh, i'll do more good when i'm past this" means not stepping up where it's hardest & maybe showing others it's okay to not ride for the same bullshit this place does. the few i care about enough to share this with tell me i'm doing right to lay low, but i can't help but feel it's cowardly: process/reality or not, i don't think i should only ride for shit when it's convenient. like, if i was on a call and saw actual injustice, i'd step in - but by not saying shit when recklessness is tossed about casually, do i not enable an environment for that to happen?

what do y'all think?

it's crazy cause i would've accepted far less in a series with a lineup like that, yeah

You do what you can, when you can. If you have it like that to do more, then cool. You still have to protect what you've got and read the situation for what it is.

Also I just got a Switch anyways, def. don't need another console in my life. I'd sooner get a new TV, or even replace my OG PS4 with a Pro one day. Or just wait for the next gen.

At any rate, if it really is $500, the E3 thread will be hilarious to read through.

You aint lying. I feel like the price leak right now is for a "No DRM" effect when they announce it at the expected $399 price point.

$499 would be hustling backwards

Faustek

I'm only interested in it due to the bc. They don't seem keen on releasing it on pc yet.
How's the emulation scene for 360 btw?

LotusHD

Banned

I can only roll my eyes so much lol

---

Also I hate this thing I see every now and then where someone apologizes or w/e, or says that they're now trying to truly understand stuff like white privilege or cultural appropriation, and that said apology/reflection is good enough. Where if you dare to say something negative about a video like this, people will go all "Why are you guys so mean? She's trying to learn, isn't that what you all wanted?", etc. etc.

Like... congrats that you're finally doing the bare minimum, but I'm not gonna praise you for it lol

Beefy

h9KdVXi.png

😂😂

Faustek

No, no she isn't. There were people telling her before hand and during all this without yelling at her. She didn't learn until she needed more money and it pisses me of to no damn end.
But hey now just maybe, just maybe a handful of small little white girls will see this and go "ooh I understand".

Most people do, tbh. The last couple are actually ridiculous.

Actually had my first retry with Claudio.

😂😂

Context?
--

Lotus, I think that video is crap. She can literally scurry of under a rock and stay there for all I care. I have no belief in that she actually understands jack. All she understands is that fools will hear the word sorry and be happy.

Forgive me if I'm getting into some "We talked about this 15 pages ago, where were you at?" but I'm considering getting Tekken7 on PC, any of y'all play on there?

Since I have a PC already, I'd only buy an X1 for BC, Game Pass, or Sports titles. I don't think I need the Scorpio when the Slim just dropped to a real good price. Mayyybe if they had it in all black (my preferred color for devices) I'd consider.

If it plays OG Xbox games I'll think about it. I got this copy of Jet Set Radio Future kicking around that I would love to bust out

Sega should just follow like they have been doing with some older titles and just rerelease that game.

Zekes!

I'm only interested in it due to the bc. They don't seem keen on releasing it on pc yet.
How's the emulation scene for 360 btw?

If it plays OG Xbox games I'll think about it. I got this copy of Jet Set Radio Future kicking around that I would love to bust out

Faustek

Same here. That and those two RPGs. Need to give them a chance again. Was still high on Shadow Hearts so lost odyssey felt like a worse game so gave it away. Blue dragon I just didn't have time with. Actually barely had time at all during the PS360 days. Was mostly abroad working.

Him leaking the Scorpio price 😂

Oh, well. Ok. I don't see how that hurts them but ok.

I miss the days when I had to buy tapes and dvds of E3. Was so much fun just waiting.

-

Numb not right now. Still trying to feel out the characters.

akira28

Video game stans are a lot like political stans. you will see the most illogical leaps of logic coming out of those conversations. just got to accept humanity is the animal that thinks it is logical when it is not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom