• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nudull

Banned
You think people getting mad at Wonder Woman was something, watch Marvel have Carol hook up with War Machine. Then the real fuckery will begin.

Faustek

But you know "he's an athlete and makes tons of money. He's got no reason to worry."

🙄

" I've never come across white supremacy, most people are lesser than me due to my education and money so colour has no effect on me. Perhaps it is a bigger issue with poor people but I run in the best of circles, we are just all different colours getting along and looking down on anyone else poorer and less well educated.

Do what you have to do in order to make money, besides fucking someone over of course. That includes choosing your significant other wisely because a pretty face means fuck all when the bills arrive and his/her smile won't fix that."

SnowflakeCake. Have that bookmarked to remember to never be that stupid.

I reporting you to a mod for such an insult

Animé or Animè? 🙃

wtf_is_that_martin_freeman.gif

Yep...smh. Oh well, British people, amiri------*Strangulation noises*

D i Z

You think people getting mad at Wonder Woman was something, watch Marvel have Carol hook up with War Machine. Then the real fuckery will begin.

Just so she can get him killed?

___

Beefy, your thread is on some shit. I ain't about that today.

Numb

Bish left the sinking shit
So wait a second, Wonder Woman already aired? Or yall going by the previews?

Was kinda refreshing to see so many young kids standing up against it. Unfortunately they are just that, kids. To much to fuck them over until they become adults.
Just sad
Didn't know to bring this up with younger family

Shy

Greetings folks
Morning bct
Mornin' everyone.
Evening bct
Mornin' all.
oh and mornin brehs
Evening.
BCT [OT20]: Ambigously Black!
+1
Afternoon fam. Day 2 and Shy still hasn't shanked me
Yet. 😜
Shy's shanks are retroactive, you already been cut. You just don't know it
You're already dead™
I'm there tomorrow..Spiderman next month!
I'm probably going to see it tonight, but i think things are going to fall through. I hope not though.

Izuna

Banned
Edit: I literally don't have anywhere else to vent but I'm not welcome I won't do it again.

I've been thinking about a type of privilege recently. One that I haven't heard too many think about. It's gunna be why I'm starting to dislike the word "woke".

I think there's a certain kind of majority* privilege (Asterisk because I think this happens in Asia a bunch).

Today at work, some stupid kid threw a soda from the top floor down to us and it went all over this Malaysian lady we were serving.

And I find myself thinking... Did that happen because those kids were racist?

Maybe everyone comes across a scenario like this. Maybe the first time something remote suspect happens it's, "nah, of course it's not racism, haha, like, it's possible it's just a random stop". Then someone who looks like you is gunned down by police while unharmed, and completely innocent and it's like, "it's an awful mistake, it's not racism I mean, I survived interactions with he police... Let's not jump to conclusions now."

I think it's privilege to be able to say, with every occasion something shady happens... "it's not racism." I mean, the point is you never know, but the fact that it stops being ridiculous to think it is... That really sucks.

Because you think back to your childhood.. "Why did I get suspended for skipping class but my friends didn't?"

So what is the non-PC equivalent of this? "Was that thing I did because I am racist?" There's no consequence to that. It doesn't shatter your world view that you may be an asshole.

Like... I think no one wants to believe that racism is everywhere. No one wants to think they live in a world that's unfair to them and their family. The most bizarre thing would be choosing to do that. There's not a single anecdote that will present itself that racism is the exception, and not the rule.

But to someone privileged, they have that. The white liberal, who doesn't see colour, he knows he isn't racist. So he knows it's possible, he can think and feel that he will never be like what some people are. So he gets offended when he's told no one believes he's some post-racial pioneer. "That's racist to think I'm racist and I know it because I'm not!"

But anyway... I'm just thinking. I don't know. Maybe those kids are assholes, but then I never see people throw coins and drinks at the other stores. Is it ridiculous to think that they do it because were all brown?

Yeah... They're just assholes. There's no racism here... And I know that Malaysian lady didn't say a single word and just inspected her phone minimally like she had no voice box, and just walked away in a hurry because she's busy. It'd be ridiculous if she thought it was because she's brown...

Open up your eyes
Then you'll realize
Here is a thread you need to walk out of
Runaway outta here
Like a bride of Richard Gere
Here is a thread you need to walk out of

anigif_enhanced-15294-1424876993-6.gif

LotusHD

Banned
"I'm caping for people wearing blackface".
Maybe like. Think about for a hot minute.

That's what I be saying, so many times I see people on GAF just want to be contrarian for the sake of it, optics be damned.

How come nobody told me that Blackish is funny?

Blackish one of those shows where I'm aware that it's pretty funny, but I just don't got the time to watch it weekly. Just catch it every now and then, usually for the "big" episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom