• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come nobody told me that Blackish is funny?

WxV97.gif

Nah..

DJOnyyU.gif

Me and gramps preach it well enough..

I thought there was a whole page on black-ish? At least I remember saying it was good

He high..

Faustek

Bish left the sinking shit
Just sad
Didn't know to bring this up with younger family

Real talk? Yes, I know it isn't the best option but is the only option I could think of. I make sure they know how to physically defend themselves, that they shouldn't leave their friends behind but if the odds look that bad just run and get help, scream like a madman just make sure to get somewhere with a lot of people and ask for help, never walk alone, make sure to dm each other to make sure you got home yourself when you have to walk that last stretch alone. No matter what time of the day they can call me, no matter how stupid they think something is they can call me and if things go really bad I'll still be the first there to pick them up with whatever means necessary. So that they know they can count on me even when they grow up because the most important thing is that I see them at home.
This cuddling and shielding them from the word has been tried and it didn't work for me, it didn't work for them, has it worked for anyone? So I'm doing my best just to talk with them and be open about anything they ask.
As for fighting against an institutionalised racism I can only help with money. Try to give them a boost and luckily I have the means and been really lucky, more than I deserve. I'll take every loan in my name or cash it depending on whats needed so the system doesn't screw them over from the start.

Black people are elves now

Soooo....can we see in the dark now?

Yeah that, is it worth watching? Just seen it advertised
Watched s1 on Netflix, I found it enjoyable. Haven't seen s2 yet, but I'll watch it. Have some interest and wonder about what's going on in the world. Carl weathers is in it.

I'd give it a chance if I were you

Numb

Real talk? Yes, I know it isn't the best option but is the only option I could think of. I make sure they know how to physically defend themselves, that they shouldn't leave their friends behind but if the odds look that bad just run and get help, scream like a madman just make sure to get somewhere with a lot of people and ask for help, never walk alone, make sure to dm each other to make sure you got home yourself when you have to walk that last stretch alone. No matter what time of the day they can call me, no matter how stupid they think something is they can call me and if things go really bad I'll still be the first there to pick them up with whatever means necessary. So that they know they can count on me even when they grow up because the most important thing is that I see them at home.
This cuddling and shielding them from the word has been tried and it didn't work for me, it didn't work for them, has it worked for anyone? So I'm doing my best just to talk with them and be open about anything they ask.
As for fighting against an institutionalised racism I can only help with money. Try to give them a boost and luckily I have the means and been really lucky, more than I deserve. I'll take every loan in my name or cash it depending on whats needed so the system doesn't screw them over from the start.

Soooo....can we see in the dark now?

Oh they know that stuff
Especially since the parents grill them everyday and sometimes even freak out when it gets late and go for even more.When they visit i even accompany them home no matter the time especially since there were some minority attacks here some months back :(

Was thinking that specific thing with the nazis that had me stumped telling them in 2017 that people are allowed to do this without consequences and in peace.
Thanks for the info i'll add some on there

D i Z

I'm not black and even i was told it was funny. Maybe folks just don't like you!

:p

;)
You might be onto something there.

Next thing you'll be telling me that Dear White People is good and that white folk should accept the invitation and actual watch it before dismissing it.

tenor.gif

Beefy

Watched s1 on Netflix, I found it enjoyable. Haven't seen s2 yet, but I'll watch it. Have some interest and wonder about what's going on in the world. Carl weathers is in it.

I'd give it a chance if I were you

I liked the first season as some good light sci-fi. Interesting family dynamic going on with the mains. Plus Holloway is great.

Better than Gotham. Actual stakes. Watch a person named John on drugs disagree..

Oh yeah it is pretty good, warning it has no chill.
Will give it a look, cheers fam

Faustek

Oh they know that stuff
Especially since the parents grill them everyday and sometimes even freak out when it gets late and go for even more.When they visit i even accompany them home no matter the time especially since there were some minority attacks here some months back :(

Was thinking that specific thing with the nazis that had me stumped telling them in 2017 that people are allowed to do this without consequences and in peace.
Thanks for the info i'll add some on there

You tell me. All I got is that some people are really stupid and some are even more stupid that believe stupid things and the best they can do is to get educated and prove them wrong...and that's the best I got and I got nothing else :/ Tried asking Swedish friends who adopted and one of them had the gall to tell me racism wasn't a thing anymore. That as long as they spoke Swedish and behaved Swedish it would be good. I feel for that child.

D i Z

I couldn't watch The Colony after Laurie filled that belly. Was just too soon for me to follow that actress.

Kathy got herself fired from her CNN new years gig.

Numb

You tell me. All I got is that some people are really stupid and some are even more stupid that believe stupid things and the best they can do is to get educated and prove them wrong...and that's the best I got and I got nothing else :/ Tried asking Swedish friends who adopted and one of them had the gall to tell me racism wasn't a thing anymore. That as long as they spoke Swedish and behaved Swedish it would be good. I feel for that child.

I've noticed the biracial guys seem to know what's up even tho they grew up here.
Even more so compared to non biracial people. The parent didn't slack off it seems

Isn't it weird that folks have this notion that black face only offends Americans? Or is it just the bullshit folks like to say to dismiss it? So many cats from different parts of the globe on here, but motherfuckers always wanna default to USA. Certainly not demeaning to anyone else of color around the world..no how no way..

I'm sure all y'all folks in Europe and other spots agree..

it's pure fuckshit.

my Aunt (Uncle's wife) is Dutch and Black and she also believes it's racist.

Faustek

Damn, I didn't know it was that bad. I saw Mapei's interview with Hot 97 the other day and discovered that people there don't mind throwing out nigger freely.

I thought this was Slayven's post.

Watched this now... Holy hell. I'm sorry I didn't know mulatto was a derogatory term for mixed slave babies. First time I heard it I looked it up in SAOL, which was my bible for knowing all the Swedish words, and there it was just mixed race.
But to the rest. I hear her. Man do I hear every word. Everything she says hits spot on about Sweden. Now I recognise this is a short interview but I do wish she could have gone deeper because there's a lot of fuckery people don't know or realise about Sweden.
That women and foreigners get a worse deal on bank rates, assuming you get one and isn't forced to take one of those BS loans with 10-30% interest. White women still got a better deal.
That the kids aspired to have low qualification jobs because that's what their fathers worked as.
That everyone here with a all around the year tan is a nigger. Doesn't matter if your black or Mediterranean we all are niggers when push comes to shove. Man there is so much fuckery in Sweden I could probably write a book with just personal experiences and another book just telling people off for being scum.

I've noticed the biracial guys seem to know what's up even tho they grew up here.
Even more so compared to non biracial people. The parent didn't slack off it seems

Hopefully but I can't stop thinking about how they'll Fuck up that kid if they don't wake up. I had a great bonus, a well off white dad born in the 30s that didn't mind showing me how to beat up racists or lawyer up to stop the schools from fucking with me and left me a lot and not just money wise but a character with a straight back.

D i Z

Funny enough, Dark elves, particularly Drizzt are one of the many focuses on racism in those series. Putting that up as a not all blackface is the last thing that should be done.

Faustek

Eroeroeroero blackface... G, a new fetish? 🙃

Sorry but I kinda laughed and started wondering what you have been looking up for your phone to autocorrect to ero 😂

Damn you a nerd

LMAO

---

Oh no..the clap back!!

---

I'm reminded..who has pimps and hoes parties again? Who pulls these cinco fiestas? I'm sure that dude on block will find shit to dismiss my point. But really. Who spends their fucking life treating minorities as a costume?

Also, why spoil what is known,
Neanderthal? :O

Johndoey

Banned
Sit your Ravenloft looking neckass down

Damn folks are literally caping for a serial killer of children, to have access to children.

Shit is sickening. I'm nope for rehabilitation in most cases, almost all, but she got a bullshit light sentence and was an active participant in the rapes and killings of children. She should be ten feet under the fucking jailhouse. Fuck the "I'm so advanced" sanctimonious punks in any way defending this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom