• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

BlackGAF, where are you on the color chart

Felix_von_Luschan_Skin_Color_Chart.JPG

Sitting comfy at 24, I pass the paper bag test, I can date your daughter

lmfao @ 36. damn. i never seen one in real life.
i'd say i'm about 30, depending on where on my body i'm judging. some parts are lighter, some darker. i was about 34 after being at the beach lol. folks were looking at me like they didnt recognize me.

FyreWulff

Non-black guy around 14.. although Vancouver is taking away any tan I had.

I've seen 35-36, but they're all the Sudanese refugees / immigrants in our city.

I'm pretty sure 1-3 is "dead body"

Slayven

It's not blackface until chiffarobes are bus'sed.
I love making that reference and no one getting it. Plus chiffarobe is a fun word to say
That color chart is incredible.
I only seen it one other time on gaf, and you can imagine that thread. I am a 26-28 depending on how much sun I get.
lmfao @ 36. damn. i never seen one in real life.
i'd say i'm about 30, depending on where on my body i'm judging. some parts are lighter, some darker. i was about 34 after being at the beach lol. folks were looking at me like they didnt recognize me.

36s are called blurples down here.

They're viewing it in the context of ignorance and "innocence" in which someone is just trying to dress up like a black person. Thing is we don't live in a vacuum.

I think my favorite angle is how it's not racism unless it's subjugation or discrimination with the overt notion of superiority of the white race. Jesus. It's like systematic racism doesn't exist for these people. There's nothing obvious about it at this point, just ingrained shit.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
SSDD. Snowstorm caused work and class to close. Stuck in this boring hotel room.

I see that GAF had ignorance flakes for breakfast again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom