• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been lurking this forum for a while and I'm finally able to post. What better place to do it than here.

Where you're from- Texas, but moved to OK shortly after.
Where you live- OKC
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- All I know is that I'm black and proud of it!
Do you know your roots- Unfortunately no.
Your Age- 20
Favorite musical genre- Underground Hip Hop
Your profession/major/career interest- Pursuing CS major, wants to be a game designer.
Your religious affiliation- Haven't been to church in a while so...
Hobbies- Gaming, Writing, Reading, pretty much anything I find interesting.

Welcome to gaf/black gaf.

Did you see
white
Gaf go apeshit this month alone?

Dem threads....smh

I got distracted by mexican food and timedog.

howcome timedog dont post here no mo'? :(

FyreWulff

what are yall's sleep cycles like?

i'm curious because my friends always clown me talking about i wake up just in time for Good Morning Black America.

my sleep schedule is constantly getting powerbombed by deadlines

it's now 1:38am and I just went and got a 44oz of Coca Cola. Goodbye waking up at a proper time for today

Slayven

Damn, hearing that bish is so well spoken, is like finding out that Santa isn't real.

I know right, I was expecting Morgan Freeman from Lean on Me or The Black dude that does Goliath from Gargoyles . I was thinking his voice would ignite my spirit of blackness. But all we got was another Drake sounding brother from Canada.

Been lurking this forum for a while and I'm finally able to post. What better place to do it than here.

Where you live- OKC
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- All I know is that I'm black and proud of it!
Your Age- 20
Your profession/major/career interest- Pursuing CS major, wants to be a game designer.
Sup fam!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Where you live- OKC
Your Age- 20

Sup

Now what's your favorite flavor of koolaid?
The answer is red
I know right, I was expecting Morgan Freeman from Lean on Me or The Black dude that does Goliath from Gargoyles . I was thinking his voice would ignite my spirit of blackness. But all we got was another Drake sounding brother from Canada.

LOL

Where you live- OKC
Your Age- 20

what we really wanna know is your chicken of choice, is it KFC or
kfc

Nakazato

Well we wrapped on the show i was doing... Had wrap party last night... Whole crew went HAM executive producer when the hardest dude was so drunk i dont think he'll remember last night ... Ate sushi out side of a bar.... Cam op spent 3 days pay (±$1200)... Fucking GREAT Night...

Kreed

BlackGAF, where are you on the color chart

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1e/Felix_von_Luschan_Skin_Color_Chart.JPG[IMG]

Sitting comfy at 24, I pass the paper bag test, I can date your daughter[/QUOTE]

28 or 29 here.

I don't think I've ever seen a 36. I was thinking maybe Alek Wek would fit that shade but that's only on heavily photoshopped magazine covers, at most she's a 34.

Where you live- OKC
Your Age- 20

'Sup rook.
Props on the Thundercats 2011 avvy, even though they killed the show prematurely. :(

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
i've had a African girl at Uni and a white dude at work thinking i was Nigerian. Donno why that country popped up lol.
I've been to Nigeria. It's possible they weren't looking at your tone but your features. The different tribes there have different features, and it's kind of a point of order that they figure out what tribe you're from, even if you're American, which can be quite off-putting. Ghanans and Congolese will do the same.

The only other place I've seen people question/monitor specific ethnicity so blatantly is in India.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Yes, send all girlfriends here.

Pursuing CS major, wants to be a game designer.
Welcome. Glad to see your major and career aspirations, Bish gonna get some company.
Well we wrapped on the show i was doing... Had wrap party last night... Whole crew went HAM executive producer when the hardest dude was so drunk i dont think he'll remember last night ... Ate sushi out side of a bar.... Cam op spent 3 days pay (±$1200)... Fucking GREAT Night...
You been hyping this up all week, I gotta know asap.

Onemic

-First podcast without DY =(
-Bish and Devo took off after ~20 minutes

Despite that, still came out really solid.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The four of us (minus DY) return joined by Devolution, Slayven & Bish to talk about the PS4 reveal, the WiiU and the next Xbox
Run time: 107 minutes 27 seconds

The Cast:
Bishoptl - Slayven - Devolution - onemic - MorisUkunRasik - Imm0rt4l

Click To Stream. Right Click To Save
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Wonder what part I did my prolonged AFK from

G-Fex

wow. I just watched a retro commercial from the late 80's. McDonalds one. Wow, they really stereotyped young black guys.

I remember when people used to say Word UP.

On TV at least.

36s gettin 1s here

RsEuew0.jpg

Hahahahahaha

It's like they're absorbing the light. I feel like I'm staring into 2 black holes. I bet it was a bright and sunny day too

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Hmm - don't know how I've missed the previous 2 official threads. Can I get a witness link to the other two? I have some catching up to do.

Edit: Oh, it's in Community. Guess I should click on those tabs more often.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
Sup

Now what's your favorite flavor of koolaid?
The answer is red

LOL

More of a sweet tea man, but I'll go with cherry.

what we really wanna know is your chicken of choice, is it KFC or
kfc

Neither. Home cooked chicken is the only legit chicken.

'Sup rook.
Props on the Thundercats 2011 avvy, even though they killed the show prematurely. :(

Don't get me started on that. That show had so much potential. It could've been amazing and they still found ways to fuck it up. Oh well.

Thnx for the warm welcomes fam. Feel great to finally be a part of GAF.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I like Drake but I hate that we keep getting associated with him. :(

We have other rappers in Canada...

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Yet they own the music industry.

Bow down
Props for flooding the industry with garbage and making bank off it. I guess I appreciate Rush and Deadmau5, but that's like a single drop of chocolate in a bucket full of shit.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Kardinal Offishall am cry.

A few months back my old community centre was doing a fundraiser and got a bunch of us that used to play ball there to come back for a "celebrity" game. Kardi was the celeb who showed up.

Despite his height I can easily say he's one of the worst ball players I've ever seen.

Cool dude though but apparently he was ripping on me for having a Note 2.

DominoKid

wow. I just watched a retro commercial from the late 80's. McDonalds one. Wow, they really stereotyped young black guys.

I remember when people used to say Word UP.

On TV at least.

Best McD commercial i ever saw was the r&b crooning over mcnuggets a few years back.

"you got a 20 pack girl dont be stingy!" something like that.

Kardi sucks too.

nah man, no he doe

A few months back my old community centre was doing a fundraiser and got a bunch of us that used to play ball there to come back for a "celebrity" game. Kardi was the celeb who showed up.

Despite his height I can easily say he's one of the worst ball players I've ever seen.

Cool dude though but apparently he was ripping on me for having a Note 2.

ok, he sucks

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Best McD commercial i ever saw was the r&b crooning over mcnuggets a few years back.

"you got a 20 pack girl dont be stingy!" something like that.
I remember that. Throw it in the pile with that dancing KFC guy.

Both remind me of that Google review of Wendy's:

wendys.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom