• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Oh man, dominating an interview is the greatest feeling in the world. Confidence is such a great fucking tool, and when luck swings in your favor, it's some awesome shit.

I literally walked into a place I wanted to work at, asked if they were hiring, they said no, so I asked if I could talk to someone regarding the company since they're situated within an industry I'd like to break into, and after a short wait, someone came out. I asked about the company, told her about my experiences, etc. I could tell she wasn't feeling me at first and was questioning the point of all this since there were no openings, but then I mentioned I went to University of California, Santa Cruz and I saw her eye brows pop up and a grin form across her face. I knew I was in. I started dropping knowledge bombs, shooting the shit and selling myself. Then I mentioned the fact that I was born in Pittsburgh, PA and she flipped out, so was she. I mean, what are the chances? Shit went real well.

She told me there were no openings within the company, but that she was sure she could find somewhere to put me, and she'd schedule a follow up next week to discuss the details.

Good shit. That industry is a bitch to get in.

I'm on that same path, as soon as I find something somewhere within means.

RedSwirl

Michiko sucked. Watch JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Space Brothers, Lupin the Third: Fujiko Mine, Jorgumand, Psycho Pass, and others.

Since you like Michiko I assume you like Cowboy Bebop. Watch Lupin: Fujiko Mine then. Most stylish anime since Bebop. Free on funimation.com.

For a preview Here is the intro. Beware, nsfw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixoDCBMWRMo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Fujiko & Jormongand were okay. Jormungand kinda felt like an alternative Black Lagoon. Might finish it if it takes too long for Roberta's Blood Trail to get a dub.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Sony's like those dudes who hang around grocery store parking lots and try to convince you to "donate" to their football team

geton.jpg

mylevel.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2j1YpjLGNnw#t=32s

Just took it out of the oven. Starting the frosting now. Burbon Salmon on deck.

You can start the line over there.

FyreWulff

Oh man, dominating an interview is the greatest feeling in the world. Confidence is such a great fucking tool, and when luck swings in your favor, it's some awesome shit.

I literally walked into a place I wanted to work at, asked if they were hiring, they said no, so I asked if I could talk to someone regarding the company since they're situated within an industry I'd like to break into, and after a short wait, someone came out. I asked about the company, told her about my experiences, etc. I could tell she wasn't feeling me at first and was questioning the point of all this since there were no openings, but then I mentioned I went to University of California, Santa Cruz and I saw her eye brows pop up and a grin form across her face. I knew I was in. I started dropping knowledge bombs, shooting the shit and selling myself. Then I mentioned the fact that I was born in Pittsburgh, PA and she flipped out, so was she. I mean, what are the chances? Shit went real well.

She told me there were no openings within the company, but that she was sure she could find somewhere to put me, and she'd schedule a follow up next week to discuss the details.

NthGeeWl.jpg

I'll take any excuse to post this screenshot

Accident on the freeway, bumper to bumper traffic. So I exit and decide to wait out the traffic at a wingstop. Pull into the parking lot......laundrymat with neogeo machine alright....what's that next to it...galaga? Little Cesar struggle special $5 paper pizza got them lined out the door. Yup, time to move my wallet to my front pocket.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Screw little Caesars. Throwing your money away. But Galaga hell yeah. If I was rich a real cabinet with Galaga on it would be one of my first purchases.

This one bar downtown has a machine with a ton of home-brewed games on it, watched this guy and his friend go through the first half of Battletoads one night.

Screw little Caesars. Throwing your money away. But Galaga hell yeah. If I was rich a real cabinet with Galaga on it would be one of my first purchases.

This one bar downtown has a machine with a ton of home-brewed games on it, watched this guy and his friend go through the first half of Battletoads one night.

Galaga is dope. But this cabinet has seen things. It's busted as fuck, this galaga machine has 2 strikes. It looks like it was forged in the fires of the LA riots.

Slayven

Little Caesars is the shit, haters.

I tried to stay out this thread today because someone in managed complained about the quality of it. I didn't want to bring it down.

Michiko sucked. Watch JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Space Brothers, Lupin the Third: Fujiko Mine, Jorgumand, Psycho Pass, and others.

Since you like Michiko I assume you like Cowboy Bebop. Watch Lupin: Fujiko Mine then. Most stylish anime since Bebop. Free on funimation.com.

For a preview Here is the intro. Beware, nsfw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixoDCBMWRMo&feature=youtube_gdata_player
ikJc5cbziTUxY.gif

Okay, I haven't actually watched it but heard it was terrible. Been meaning to check it out of morbid curiosity.

Onemic

I've only had Little Caesars twice in my life. The first time I had it I was a kid and my parents go that $5 king of struggle pizza and I hated it. My parents thought it was so shit they never bought it again. The second time I got it was years later when I was visiting Vancouver. I got their deluxe pizza and it legit tasted like the best chain pizza I've ever had.

There's such a huge discrepancy between my two experiences with Little Caesars I don't know what to think of that place.

ikJc5cbziTUxY.gif

Okay, I haven't actually watched it but heard it was terrible. Been meaning to check it out of morbid curiosity.

Watched the first two episodes and it seemed pretty interesting. Pretty much in the same vein as Cowboy Bebop in terms of style. I've also heard it turns to shit down the line, but who knows.

I've only had Little Caesars twice in my life. The first time I had it I was a kid and my parents go that $5 king of struggle pizza and I hated it. My parents thought it was so shit they never bought it again. The second time I got it was years later when I was visiting Vancouver. I got their deluxe pizza and it legit tasted like the best chain pizza I've ever had.

There's such a huge discrepancy between my two experiences with Little Caesars I don't know what to think of that place.

Struggle never tasted so good.

Used to have Little Caesars all the time as a kid....I think that the square shaped slices gimmick was just too much for me as a child. No regard for taste, just wanted my bite sized pizza.

Imm0rt4l

Me and the homie went to this burger joint at the cosmopolitan hotel last night(best fucking burger ever, expensive tho). The waitress sat us down not far from this couple. They seemed bothered by our presence and left early, visibly annoyed. I don't know if being sat next to a black and a Mexican annoyed them or if it was something else. My friend noticed the woman ice grilling him too so its not in my head. Maybe we came during a moment or something, odd.

The restaurant is pretty awesome though.

Me and the homie went to this burger joint at the cosmopolitan hotel last night(best fucking burger ever, expensive tho). The waitress sat us down not far from this couple. They seemed bothered by our presence and left early, visibly annoyed. I don't know if being sat next to a black and a Mexican annoyed them or if it was something else. My friend noticed the woman ice grilling him too so its not in my head. Maybe we came during a moment or something, odd.

The restaurant is pretty awesome though.

Me and my brother are always joking about this being an unintended positive of racism. Our presence promotes healthy personal space amongst certain crowds. We notice that movie theaters are a big one. And ya don't even need to dress "urban"!

Last night me and my gf got the cold shoulder from a waitress all night. Asked for the check, she brought it 30 mins later. Asked for boxes for our leftovers, she gives them to us, doesn't offer to box them. That normally doesn't bother me at all but she was boxing everyone else's food, so I felt a little disrespected even though I always decline that particular service.

While we were waiting for her to charge us, we look over and she's shooting the shit with these two old white guys like we haven't been waiting 30 minutes already to leave. Didn't tip, I wish I brought cash so I could short the bill a dollar or something.

zero_suit

Last night me and my gf got the cold shoulder from a waitress all night. Asked for the check, she brought it 30 mins later. Asked for boxes for our leftovers, she gives them to us, doesn't offer to box them. That normally doesn't bother me at all but she was boxing everyone else's food, so I felt a little disrespected even though I always decline that particular service.

While we were waiting for her to charge us, we look over and she's shooting the shit with these two old white guys like we haven't been waiting 30 minutes already to leave. Didn't tip, I wish I brought cash so I could short the bill a dollar or something.

Disgraceful

Onemic

This is why I don't give out tips "just cuz"

We talked about it as we waited and I was saying I hope it's because we look so young and waiters assume we won't tip, cause this happens to us a lot. But I was just out of work in complete work attire, not like I came in with basketball shorts.

Onemic

We talked about it as we waited and I was saying I hope it's because we look so young and waiters assume we won't tip, cause this happens to us a lot. But I was just out of work in complete work attire, not like I came in with basketball shorts.

But that's pretty much the worst thing to assume. It's like giving up before the race has even started, you're just setting up a situation in which that negative outcome will come true.

Slayven

Onemic and Bish, do they say the same thing about the Canadian answer to Friends? Cornergas, that there are no black people on it?

I stopped automatically tipping when I saw my shitty waiter bend over backwards for everyone else around me for the first time. I do 20% as a starting point and add or subtract based on performance. 9 times out of 10 I leave 20%

Damn, Moris' story is shitty. That would definitely get negative tip if I were paying cash. I'll even leave a decent tip for a waiter/waitress who messes stuff up, just as long as I can tell they're trying. Actively ignoring patrons when they're the main part of the job is stupid. You would think the job is difficult enough without keeping track of who you think will/won't tip rather than just being helpful all around.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Sup, yall.

I really need to come through more often. Didn't even know another thread got started.

im only repping dat manly ass anime

fotns
golgo 13
jojo
gurren laggan
beserk
black lagoon
ninja scroll

good thing moe didnt catch on this side

Dude.

You've just listed pretty much the only anime I like.

Lets hang out. I got Henny and Sprite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom