• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it worth it. I'm about to graduate and I need to network more.

I got in touch with a senior writer from Jet because of a NABJ convention seminar I went to and was offered a visit to their previously owned Ebony building.

It's worth it if you can make it to conventions and events; that goes for any media organization membership.

Kreed

surprised no one called him out

Because the OP suggests making comments like that:

The world is ending and the lives of many beings are require to stop it.
You may choose from 1: Every canine in the world. 2: A large group of human beings.

What does the second part means? It means a minimum of a million humans with something in common. It can be race (All asians, All whites), it can be continent (All Europe or Africa), it can be Religion (All Catholics, All Atheists), it can be condition (Blind People, Crack Addicts) it can be anything as long as they are more than a million of them.

Too bad the OP couldn't have slipped that thread into the gaming side (with or without a quote from Anita Sarkeesian). The thread would have gotten more "fun" responses.

How long does it take to get the jump to member status. Reason im asking is because even if i spit knowledge my comments are getting ignored i think cause i have Junior written all over the profile.....

Anywho how many are gonna try their hand at the lottery this evening.

How long does it take to get the jump to member status. Reason im asking is because even if i spit knowledge my comments are getting ignored i think cause i have Junior written all over the profile.....

300 posts and 3 months as a junior

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

Nobody actually cares if you're a junior unless you say something real real dumb.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3

I want to say 3 months and 300 posts.

And, people ignore others all the time at GAF. They look for funny or for chances to prove strength by highlighting the weaknesses of others. It has nothing to do with being right or being a junior. Don't sweat it.

So.. the thread on the next Bond has me thinking..

If the next Bond were a Black Bond... what actor would:

A) Best Suit the role?

B) Be most likely to GET the role?

Myself.. I think A) Idris or Denzel B) Will Smith.

What say you Black GAF?

Edit:
Nah pretty sure her first acting role was that Carmen Hip Hopera bullshit with Mekhi Phifer.

Not sure about commercials but I believe you're correct on this one.

Kreed

Elba is gonna be too damn old by the time Daniel Craig is done with his 5+ films

After James Bond,

Starring Jaden Smith, written by Gary Whitta.

whoa whoa whoa, why did i walk into unmarked spoilers for Young Justice at the top of the page?

gMVh2kf.gif

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Now that Rising and Tomb Raider are out and beaten

I've got nothing to play until... there's nothing on my radar at all.

Guess I'll... do things

So.. the thread on the next Bond has me thinking..

If the next Bond were a Black Bond... what actor would:

A) Best Suit the role?

B) Be most likely to GET the role?

Myself.. I think A) Idris or Denzel B) Will Smith.

What say you Black GAF?

Edit:

Not sure about commercials but I believe you're correct on this one.

chiwetel_ejiofor__2_.jpg

36 he would be 40 when Craig is done. I think craig was around 39 when he started as Bond.

tumblr_m6hbi2TYZ31rwcc6bo1_400.gif

The other day while in bed I saw my unwanted house guest stroll by the trap i had laid down, like he fucking owned the place. I said fuck that shit and bought the most menacing and painful looking mouse trap. I also got the penutbutter with the highest sugar content. He was going to die from the trap or the effects of type 2 diabetes.

I come home and what do i find......

His ass is dead!

3601759_o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom