• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Job fair tomorrow. Any advice from BrothaGAF specifically?

• Wear a good suit
  • Eye contact x10
  • have some correspondence on hand (resumes, business, etc.)
  • be loose, but not too lose

And remember, everyone's judging you. Prove them wrong!

Job fair tomorrow. Any advice from BrothaGAF specifically?

vernon-keeping-it-real.jpg

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Everything is eventually hated on this forum.

smh

I remember setting up steam for the first time in college to play HL2 (8 year member, wooo), and still having the time of my life despite the set up issues

If this forum ever hated Doom, by god I don't know what I'd do

Slayven

I can't muster the energy to straight hate. I might drop a line or two. But post after post, too little time.

That is why I rarely mention Lamedog.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Finally got my Internet set up and secured in my new apartment, replaced the shitty wall outlet that was covered in paint and what do I see on my speedtest?

Pretty pleased given that I've only purchased the mid-tier connect, 48 bucks a month for Internet.
3 dollars for 'renting' the modem is the only shitty bit
Sweet thread, JC. Fuck the HL2 haters. Still one of the best of the best in my book. I bought that shit day 1 and was mad 'cus I had to download steam before I could play. Man that was years ago. Lovingwestbrook steam now.
But if you want the apex of struggle super hero costumes, look no further then struggle surfer:
silver-surfer_528_poster.jpg
Don't hate, he's immune to psychics and can fuck up your wifi connection.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Shit, reminds me that Eli was a pretty cool black game character. I guess he's a bit forgettable though since I only just remembered him now.

Yo, that Iron Man inspired me and some friends last Halloween. We went as the shitty Avengers. Each costume had to cost less then $15:
302766_397454190324360_1909052966_n.jpg

We even had Black Widow:
409060_397454956990950_1388517179_n.jpg

But if you want the apex of struggle super hero costumes, look no further then struggle surfer:
silver-surfer_528_poster.jpg

Oh god i cant breath lmbao

RedSwirl

• Wear a good suit
  • Eye contact x10
  • have some correspondence on hand (resumes, business, etc.)
  • be loose, but not too lose

And remember, everyone's judging you. Prove them wrong!

Looked up standards. Going with the slacks and dress shirt. Yeah yeah work twice as hard etc., but this is a nice-ass shirt that I apparently haven't worn since I got it three years ago, and I've just lost enough weight to get into it.

Job fair is actually at my old college. Hopefully I meet SOMEONE there I know (like a professor or something). Got 10 resume hard copies on hand plus digital copies of my resume and writing samples on my phone ready to email.

Satch

Banned
you guys misunderstood me

i meant "my PM box is empty" as in "at the time that you were conceiving the idea of the blackgaf podcast, nobody notified me to participate, and i have no record of you attempting to do so" not "send me a PM right now because hell yeah i want to participate!"

and yes metroid prime came out in 2002 NOT 2003

I always go by the old adage dress for the job you want not the job you have. It always works. And confidence goes a long way. And before you ask there is a huge difference between confidence and cocky.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

i meant "my PM box is empty" as in "at the time that you were conceiving the idea of the blackgaf podcast, nobody notified me to participate, and i have no record of you attempting to do so" not "send me a PM right now because hell yeah i want to participate!
Dang satch why are you so...particular

We just want your wisdom

Imm0rt4l

i meant "my PM box is empty" as in "at the time that you were conceiving the idea of the blackgaf podcast, nobody notified me to participate, and i have no record of you attempting to do so" not "send me a PM right now because hell yeah i want to participate!"

and yes metroid prime came out in 2002 NOT 2003

Nobody received pms doe. It was all discussed within this thread, Morris asked who wanted to participate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom