• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I didn't mean a black area, I meant like Toronto since he is claiming he runs into a ton of racist where hes at.

I can't wait for the documentary of CD's hometown.

Packs of little kids emasculating grown ass men as they ride by on big wheels whispering "nigger" then riding off.

Packs of little kids emasculating grown ass men as they ride by on big wheels whispering "nigger" then riding off.

THEY COMIN

ibyTYBpmuTfo3k.gif

He's living in Calgary now,(I think) so I don't think moving to Toronto will do much.

I dont know Canada's diversity levels but if you say its similar ill take your word for it. The main thing is he needs help. Talking about suicide, and hating himself isnt a good combination.

Onemic

I dont know Canada's diversity levels but if you say its similar ill take your word for it. The main thing is he needs help. Talking about suicide, and hating himself isnt a good combination.

Toronto is definitely more diverse than Calgary, but Calgary isn't devoid of diversity to the point that any black person should be experiencing what CD is supposedly experiencing on the regular.

zon

CrushDance, I'll try to keep this short. It's past 3 in the morning here and I might just start rambling otherwise.

You need help. Psychological help. As someone who has been forced to seek it himself and has gone to psychotherapy for the last 5 years I can see that much at least. Trying to "fix" it yourself is impossible. I've lost count of how many times my own therapist has helped me out of negative ways of thinking. Claiming the world hates you because of your dark skin isn't the truth either. Maybe you don't even know the truth yourself yet (which is why it's not fair of you DY to repeatedly ask it of him). I didn't at first. That took me almost two years with a psychotherapist that I actually clicked with and who didn't let me create my own reality to escape to (it sounds like yours let you do this). And that's just finding what the problem is, then you have to start working on improving yourself and curing the issues. If you don't find the right person to talk to the first time, go to another person and see if they understand you better.

It's not easy, dealing with these problems. It's the hardest thing I've been through, and I'm not even done yet. I can imagine yours are just as hard, throwing yourself into your studies won't make you forget them and saying everyone hates your black skin won't cure them. Please, get help.

#partoftheproblem

I never said that I felt emasculated. Do I feel less? Of course. But I'm not scared or anything like that stupid gif suggests. There's no way for me to fight back. What am I going to do? Call them crackers in response?

I get it. Self confidence, success are habits. But so is failing and admittedly, feeling sorry for ones self at times. How am I supposed to break out of this stupid up and down cycle?

Gorillaz

this is kind of off topic but...have you guys ever felt like going out, but because everyone dragged there feet "pregaming" you just said fuck it?

Cause it just happened to me

FyreWulff

This was the opening route for Get In Shape Summer 2013. Putting my money where my mouth is, although I had encouragement from my roommate who was walking with me along the way. A decent 4.2 miles

ORKVFNX.jpg

Saw at least 3 incidents of drunk people trying to wrestle each other

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
This was the opening route for Get In Shape Summer 2013. Putting my money where my mouth is, although I had encouragement from my roommate who was walking with me along the way. A decent 4.2 miles

ORKVFNX.jpg

Saw at least 3 incidents of drunk people trying to wrestle each other

That actually seems like it was an enjoyable walk/run

FyreWulff

That actually seems like it was an enjoyable walk/run

It was, the view from the Granville Bridge is amazing. The water off to the west, the houses I'll never be able to afford in the hills
I always assume houses on hillsides are expensive
, the imposing downtown skyline.

My roommate is planning on having go to the Lions Gate Bridge and walk back from there at some point before I leave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom