• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
Finally landed a job making decent money. The job pays $25*/hr (I was making a hair over $14/hr prior), has absolutely nothing to do with my major and I start working on Monday. Once I get my finances in order, I'm moving the hell out of my parents house. Moving back home post College is a soul leeching affair.

cdyhybrid

Gotta learn the lingo to survive there. If they start saying "popolo" and pointing, walk the other way.

I grew up there, most people there have never really been around black people unless they grew up near a military base or have done some travelling. Good amount of ignorance there.

BHZ Mayor

Finally landed a job making decent money. The job pays $27/hr (I was making a hair over $14/hr prior), has absolutely nothing to do with my major and I start working on Monday. Once I get my finances in order, I'm moving the hell out of my parents house. Moving back home post College is a soul leeching affair.

Congrats dude.

zero_suit

Finally landed a job making decent money. The job pays $27/hr (I was making a hair over $14/hr prior), has absolutely nothing to do with my major and I start working on Monday. Once I get my finances in order, I'm moving the hell out of my parents house. Moving back home post College is a soul leeching affair.
Damn, that is a great wage! Congrats, man!

43-Diddy-Ballin.gif

Grats.

It has nothing to do with your major, meaning nothing to do with film?

DominoKid

I used to hate, but I can't deny it anymore, I like listening to Future Vandross someone save me, I want to be saved.

you have already been saved. </shyamalan>

LDOC as an undergrad. feels good. feels free. 1 more presentation and getting the grade back on a philosophy paper is all that stand between me and graduation. I've figured out where I want to live (DMV, preferably NoVa). Now I just have to find a job to get there. Hopefully it's in PR, but I'm not married to the field.

harSon

Banned
Grats.

It has nothing to do with your major, meaning nothing to do with film?

Well, I guess it does pertain to my major somewhat considering it's a lot video production (among other things), but my major was more situated within the academic and writing side of film. Pretty much everything related to the job I learned outside of college Lol.

aubrey, how many coroners do you owe favors to for $27 an hour to only be "decent" money

I mean it's good money, but I also live in expensive as fuck San Jose and will likely be commuting to San Francisco (no way in hell am I moving there, shit's ridiculously costly). And I mistyped, it's actually $25/hr!

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Finally landed a job making decent money. The job pays $25*/hr (I was making a hair over $14/hr prior), has absolutely nothing to do with my major and I start working on Monday. Once I get my finances in order, I'm moving the hell out of my parents house. Moving back home post College is a soul leeching affair.

Congrats man

Nakazato

bro I feel ya. Know that we have the same major its crazy this shit we have to go through to try and make it. But congrats on the new job.

So you know the child will have some chance of having a father figure?

*dead*

Damn BCT its been a damn shooting range in here.

Harson congrats on the job front. Keep pushing forward my brother.

Some of the stories of late in OT makes me wanna punch people in the face for the sheer audacity and stupidity. What I don't understand is why motherfuckers don't have any home training. I mean people come out the house and sometimes just..... I don't know im ashamed at humanity.

Congratulations, man. Hope you like the job.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state

Congrats!

Damn BCT its been a damn shooting range in here.

Harson congrats on the job front. Keep pushing forward my brother.

Some of the stories of late in OT makes me wanna punch people in the face for the sheer audacity and stupidity. What I don't understand is why motherfuckers don't have any home training. I mean people come out the house and sometimes just..... I don't know im ashamed at humanity.

Just be glad no one on Neogaf has made a cumbox

akira28

sound it out....a box...you have sex with?

edit: I regret clicking on that. this is one where specifics are totally unnecessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom