• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakazato

How old are you? Wanting kids is a big ass step.
Im 25 shes 26. Issue being my TV/film career isnt working out im not working much (this year has been amazing tho) and every other word is marry me or knock me up. Its very stressful and it starting to manifest into an disorder. It started late last year thought I was having a heart attack dr said it was noting just like a stress related panic attack. It stopped (minor symptoms here and there) 2 nights ago have another one.

Boom, think you nailed it man. Whole different kind of anxiety than what I thought you meant lol. Good luck wish I had better advice, my single ass ...

yea man its crazy.

Dont get me wrong i love her but I need to get myself to a point I can take care of myself.

If she's the cause of this must stress...adding kids only adds anxiety my man.
I know but shes not getting it. My life right now is good work wise ive been lucky. But the luck isnt going to last while Im living in FL.

Nakazato
Fuck no
Naw the Military is my best bet to tell you the truth. I have a degree and no real work experience outside of my current career. Fuck Fridays told me I was way over qualified to work there. Couldnt even get a job at a damn movie theater and I work in the fucking industry.

Let dy tell you about all the service men and women with fucked up families.

Im an Air Force Brat I know it all to well. Like the guy we had living down stairs in you house that was married to someone in the US and had 2 kids with this Italian chick that he would beat. Yea I know about them relationship 1st hand.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Yea Im cool with that. I really just think having a demanding GF thats stressing me out about marriage and children is what doing it. 85% of the stress in my life bis from her.

Ain't she the one who wanted you to move to LA with $2500? No wonder she's a cause of anxiety

Im 25 shes 26. Issue being my TV/film career isnt working out im not working much (this year has been amazing tho) and every other word is marry me or knock me up. Its very stressful and it starting to manifest into an disorder. It started late last year thought I was having a heart attack dr said it was noting just like a stress related panic attack. It stopped (minor symptoms here and there) 2 nights ago have another one.

yea man its crazy.

Dont get me wrong i love her but I need to get myself to a point I can take care of myself.

How the fuck does your girlfriend think adding kids to your fledgling career is a step in the right direction? You need to tell her to calm that shit down. Also check your condoms for holes.

Nakazato

Ain't she the one who wanted you to move to LA with $2500? No wonder she's a cause of anxiety
lol as of next week i hope to be at 3700 lol but still. Hey at least if I enlist I can get a new car.

How the fuck does your girlfriend think adding kids to your fledgling career is a step in the right direction? You need to tell her to calm that shit down. Also check your condoms for holes.
It wont. She feels as if she needs kids to confirm that she's would be or is a better mother than her sister and mother. Hell we are both still living at home due to the economy. As far as condoms I always keep them hidden where she cant find them.

Damn Nakazato that's crazy man. Hope you find a happy medium.

Im starting to get scared the happy medium will be my grave if the stress keeps going on cause sooner or later im going to have stroke or a heart attack.

Slayven

lol as of next week i hope to be at 3700 lol but still. Hey at least if I enlist I can get a new car.

It wont. She feels as if she needs kids to confirm that she's would be or is a better mother than her sister and mother. Hell we are both still living at home due to the economy. As far as condoms I always keep them hidden where she cant find them.
Check her phone for Dy's number.

Riggs

Banned

Im starting to get scared the happy medium will be my grave if the stress keeps going on cause sooner or later im going to have stroke or a heart attack.

Man I don't know you but damn, you gotta talk to her because that is some serious shit.

Now is no time to be having kids. You need to set some shit straight with her to tell her to find a guy who will knock her up. If you're not on the same page you're just going to continue to be stressed and she's going to try to get her way one way or another.

Nakazato

Man I don't know you but damn, you gotta talk to her because that is some serious shit.

Now is no time to be having kids. You need to set some shit straight with her to tell her to find a guy who will knock her up. If you're not on the same page you're just going to continue to be stressed and she's going to try to get her way one way or another.

Ive tried. Im a quite person till I get mad. But Im doing my best to find the so call sweet spot. But now with her younger sister having a kid (about a year ago) she feels entitled that is her turn. When the damn Dr looks at you and is like (with out you saying anything about having a GF) she maybe having an adverse effect you your body. It make you think.

But all in all i feel like a dumb ass cause im letting how i feel about her effect both my physical and mental health.

I'm sure/hoping you are joking, but if you have to hide your jimmy hat from your girl you should probably stop putting your penis in her.

Im not joking about hiding them but that because I've always been told to by older female cousins in my age range. The big cuz looking out for the young ins'

It wont. She feels as if she needs kids to confirm that she's would be or is a better mother than her sister and mother. Hell we are both still living at home due to the economy.

I can understand wanting to be a better parent than what you've grown up with, but rushing to have a kid sure isn't the best way to go about proving that.

If you haven't sat her down to have a serious talk already, then sometime soon would be the best.

Ive tried. Im a quite person till I get mad. But Im doing my best to find the so call sweet spot. But now with her younger sister having a kid (about a year ago) she feels entitled that is her turn. When the damn Dr looks at you and is like (with out you saying anything about having a GF) she maybe having an adverse effect you your body. It make you think.

But all in all i feel like a dumb ass cause im letting how i feel about her effect both my physical and mental health.

Time to break up dude. This difference in priorities will come to a head and you won't be making out well.

Just let it fester, eventually get her pregnant, get a job at the local drug store and give up on your dreams.

See how stupid that looks when typed out?

Cut her loose, she trying to play keep up with her family and its bringing you down. I would rather be single and happy then put up with her bullshit

Also the idea that she needs to compete with her mom or sis? Tell her to live her own life irrespective of their choices. Having kids shouldn't be a fucking competition. I almost want to slap her for you. Girl needs a reality check.

Nakazato

I can understand wanting to be a better parent than what you've grown up with, but rushing to have a kid sure isn't the best way to go about proving that.

If you haven't sat her down to have a serious talk already, then sometime soon would be the best.
We have talked about it comes to the point she thinks I'm not being fair since she has been helping me with my career which I kinda understand. But She has to understand there lots of money to be made doing what I'm doing HarSon can attest to that.

Time to break up dude. This difference in priorities will come to a head and you won't be making out well.

Hard to leave someone that you love due to priorities. You just want to make them happy but at the same time if you go shit that you need to accomplish you need to be free of extra burden.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Check her phone for Dy's number.
I'm drunk right now but real talk you gonna wish a dude like me smashed instead of some gutter random clown.

You enlist and she sounds rachet so lol - your decision to enlist shouldn't have shit to do with some half stepping chump who consistently sounds like they're along for the ride and nothing more.

Nakazato

Just let it fester, eventually get her pregnant, get a job at the local drug store and give up on your dreams.

See how stupid that looks when typed out?
sounds stupid as shit. good point

Cut her loose, she trying to play keep up with her family and its bringing you down. I would rather be single and happy then put up with her bullshit
Her fam and her friends....

Also the idea that she needs to compete with her mom or sis? Tell her to live her own life irrespective of their choices. Having kids shouldn't be a fucking competition. I almost want to slap her for you. Girl needs a reality check.
Naw no reason to slap her. she just need to be sat down and be told how crazy the whole situation is

Btw thank everyone on your input you helped me relax tonight I really needed to get this off my chest.

Im going to stop mudding up this thread now lol

Hard to leave someone that you love due to priorities. You just want to make them happy but at the same time if you go shit that you need to accomplish you need to be free of extra burden.

Of course it is, I've been there. But if you're not on the same timeline or page it's time to admit it and move on for the sake of everyone. She's not content with where you are, you're not content with her desires. This is for real. You're just prolonging either a break up or her trapping your ass with a kid.

Naw no reason to slap her. she just need to be sat down and be told how crazy the whole situation is

Btw thank everyone on your input you helped me relax tonight I really needed to get this off my chest.

Im going to stop mudding up this thread now lol

I just don't like the idea of how frivolous people act like having a kid is. You're both living at home and she thinks it's time for a tyke? I'm sorry man, she's just, what the fuck is she thinking?

DominoKid

brad daugherty is an amazing black person.

- from black mountain, nc (i doubt even dy has heard of that place. i havent.)
- unc basketball legend
- #1 pick
- nba all star
- nascar enthusiast & executive participant
- house autry peddler (that stuff is delicious)

179993.jpg

/crosspostagendas

Nakazato

I'm drunk right now but real talk you gonna wish a dude like me smashed instead of some gutter random clown.

You enlist and she sounds rachet so lol - your decision to enlist shouldn't have shit to do with some half stepping chump who consistently sounds like they're along for the ride and nothing more.

Enlistment was a good way for me to still live my dream in the communications field in the military while really bettering myself when I get out. It would help me get in to a company like CNN cause you have you be a fucking god to even get a call back from them.

Honestly, if she's that intent on kids while you're at a point of relocating across the country with a back-up plan of military life....

Hmmm see your point

Love is a motherfucker, we all been down that road but sometimes you got to step back and look at things, take the emotions out. She want you to pack up and leave for LA with no money, no job, she want to get married and have kids all the while not caring about your situation. She wants to move fast while you are trying to get yourself right, sit her down and explain to her that half the shit she want aint happening until you get on your feet she could either accept it, and help you achieve that and if she cant show her the door. She should be only making your dick hard, not your life

Love is a motherfucker, we all been down that road but sometimes you got to step back and look at things, take the emotions out. She want you to pack up and leave for LA with no money, no job, she want to get married and have kids all the while not caring about your situation. She wants to move fast while you are trying to get yourself right, sit her down and explain to her that half the shit she want aint happening until you get on your feet she could either accept it, and help you achieve that and if she cant show her the door. She should be only making your dick hard, not your life

Stealing this.

Nakazato

Shes say that she wants to make the move for me which is nice but with my 3700 I would fail almost instantly. I have take a look at my relationship if it wasnt for her I wouldnt even be able to say i worked on some cool shit, met great ppl, got drunk as fuck in Tampa was given 3-4 hundred by a camera guy to make it rain in a strip club (that was a great fucking night) but i know it will likely end with one of us hating the other....

Nakazato, you should com e on the podcast. Shit talking before we record is good for the soul

lol as much as I'd love to be on I would never and anything of interest to add to the show my life is boring lol and I'm mad dull lol.

I feel for you. If my gf was pushing for kids, marriage and trying to get me to relocate with limited funds...I' think I'd honestly have a tough time cutting her loose too. (It's our 8 year anniversary today btw). It's easy to give advice from an emotionless standpoint.

Even if you come to LA and get what you're after, it'll take lots of saving to start entertaining the kid idea and she wants one when you're not so well off. Can you imagine how hard in the paint she'll go for a baby when you have a good job?

Nakazato

I feel for you. If my gf was pushing for kids, marriage and trying to get me to relocate with limited funds...I' think I'd honestly have a tough time cutting her loose too. (It's our 8 year anniversary today btw). It's easy to give advice from an emotionless standpoint.

Even if you come to LA and get what you're after, it'll take lots of saving to start entertaining the kid idea and she wants one when you're not so well off. Can you imagine how hard in the paint she'll go for a baby when you have a good job?
If i got a good join making bank i dont think i would have the join a day be for she is like time for a baby. lol

Plus Moris says that all that stuff gets "deleted."
lol

Didn't stop me. Lol...

...Wait. That makes me sad. :(
Dont feel bad Im likely the least interesting person in the world lol

Satch need to just have a ep where she throws shade.

You just need to tell her that you dont want a kid right now.Tell her how miserable your lives are now and that theyd be 10000000x even worse with a kid and no money.

Nakazato

You just need to tell her that you dont want a kid right now.Tell her how miserable your lives are now and that theyd be 10000000x even worse with a kid and no money.

Bro when we going to hang you and go to kickbacks. We should really plan that N.FL gaf meet up.

but I have had this convo with her at least 5 time in the last 4 months

Edit Thanks again everyone for the chat I needed it. Im out for the night. Be easy.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Satch you have a gift. I can only pray I never fall under your divine wrath.

Nakazato I thought your acting gig at that one show was cool. I hope your relationship troubles work out but reading through your posts I gotta agree with the others and think you might need to make a change in your life. Regardless hope it works out for you.

yeah because i have one leg you jerk.
show some respect.
Reminds me of my girlfriend's brother who has a TBI . Whenever we visit and say like 'how ya doing, you ok?' he'll always be like "of course I'm not okay, I'm in a fucking wheelchair." Dark humor that I can't help but laugh at which is probably why he keeps doing the same joke.

That's it for me, just finished an essay on conspiracy theories and pumped to be at the tail end of the semester. Two weeks left for finals and I should be to finish my 'return to college' semester at the top of my game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom