• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a question for yall.... do any of you still rock braids?

The reason I ask this is because I was just watching Pusha T's newest video, and I just thought "damn.... he really needs to do something with those struggle cornrows he got!"

zero_suit

The reason I ask this is because I was just watching Pusha T's newest video, and I just thought "damn.... he really needs to do something with those struggle cornrows he got!"

I never had braids. I barely had enough patience to grow an afro a few times.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Can anyone recommend a nice smartphone that can be used on a prepaid no contract plan? Trying to replace my girlfriend's crappy phone with something decent until we can afford a contract. She likes Android and I've been eying the SII on Amazon but I want to make sure I get the right thing that will work with prepaid stuff.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
I never had braids. I barely had enough patience to grow an afro a few times.

Grew a mini fro when i was younger once. My dad came back from a business trip, took one look at me and dragged me to the barber.

I've always had it short since. Looks better on me anyway.

My dad was also old skool and believed that it was "irresponsible" for a man to have braids. It was seen a thing women did.

DominoKid

currently growing a fro. it's not that bad actually. been letting it go since thanksgiving.

my mom says she can do something to make it look like Gary Dourdan's so were gonna see how that goes.
MV5BMjEwNTc2OTcwN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDQwNzE2._V1._SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg

i was never allowed to have braids/dreads because "only thugs and hoodrats had braids/dreads" when i was growing up. thanks mom lol.

As a kid I thought Afros were cool because I was under the impression you could just store lollipops and shit in there. Stupid cartoons.

Timedog just told me he stored pencils in his and they'd get lost for days.

I'm dying here...

I only did braids once. There weren't too many spots around where I lived that could do that when I was younger. It was always like you had to go to somebodies sister or cousin who knew how to braid and needed some cash to go out that weekend to get them done.

I rocked the fro for my senior year and it got a lot of attention. A lot of that "can I touch your hair" bullshit... that I proceeded to allow provided the girl was cute enough.

I had strange curly hair in middle school and grew it waaaay too far out. I had a fro on top and orthodox Jew curls on the sides at times.

My hair completely changed since then and is now just slightly wavy.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
I went through a phase where i wanted my waves to show up even more. I did the whole stocking cap regime. And a load of this bad boy!

SportinWavesPomade3.5oz.jpg

DominoKid

I only did braids once. There weren't too many spots around where I lived that could do that when I was younger. It was always like you had to go to somebodies sister or cousin who knew how to braid and needed some cash to go out that weekend to get them done.

I rocked the fro for my senior year and it got a lot of attention. A lot of that "can I touch your hair" bullshit... that I proceeded to allow provided the girl was cute enough.

yep. i'm pretty sure some girls just thought they could get my attention by grabbing it when i walked by which happened a lot at parties.

grabbing was usually followed by stupid questions like:

do you have special afro shampoo

lol

I went through a phase where i wanted my waves to show up even more. I did the whole stocking cap regime. And a load of this bad boy!

http://www.perfumela.com/images/full/SportinWavesPomade3.5oz.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

I tried waves in HS but I gave up real quick. The durag imprint line always took too long to disappear in the morning before school.

since '94

Can anyone recommend a nice smartphone that can be used on a prepaid no contract plan? Trying to replace my girlfriend's crappy phone with something decent until we can afford a contract. She likes Android and I've been eying the SII on Amazon but I want to make sure I get the right thing that will work with prepaid stuff.

how much are you taking about?

it's $300 for the Nexus 4 and any lower it gets real bad real.

BCT I'm fucking drunk on wings and alcohol. I drank some drink called Joose and my beer of choice Miller High Life. I got 25 wings from this local joint with my lady she ate a few and I ate some but I literally stumbled down the hallway and my cats are looking at me stupid. I'm totally totally fucked up. I mean super duper duper drunk. Everything is fuckin spinning and im watching Hawaii 5-0. Cause its Hawaii 5-0. And kono just found a body in a container and its a shoot out and I'm fuckin drunk. One above all please stop my head spinning. I mean really I will pray yo the skulls if I could stop the spinning. The last time I was this articulate and drunk I had just got back from Iraq. The shit I saw Jesus. So many guns and bullets. Why. Why.

Nakazato

BCT I'm fucking drunk on wings and alcohol. I drank some drink called Joose and my beer of choice Miller High Life. I got 25 wings from this local joint with my lady she ate a few and I ate some but I literally stumbled down the hallway and my cats are looking at me stupid. I'm totally totally fucked up. I mean super duper duper drunk. Everything is fuckin spinning and im watching Hawaii 5-0. Cause its Hawaii 5-0. And kono just found a body in a container and its a shoot out and I'm fuckin drunk. One above all please stop my head spinning. I mean really I will pray yo the skulls if I could stop the spinning. The last time I was this articulate and drunk I had just got back from Iraq. The shit I saw Jesus. So many guns and bullets. Why. Why.

Sounds like you had a good night

Edit: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=57710168&postcount=1

Well.... Im not complaining

DominoKid

Trinity? Help!!!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=557732

BCT do you love your asshole?

clearly Riovane doesnt:

that dump the next day is gonna be absolutely brutal.

edit: VVV hooooooleee shit i bet you were hammered.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

That shit is basically 4 Loko. I've had it before, with some 151, and some Bacardi lemon thrown on top of it. IhaveNoRegrets.jpg

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Riovane I will pray for the state of your guts and brain tomorrow morning.
The new Fast and furious was good. I hope Justin Lin gets an opertunity to direct other action movies.
Sweet. I was looking forward to it more than Iron Man 3.
how much are you taking about?

it's $300 for the Nexus 4 and any lower it gets real bad real.
I was hoping for around $250. Guess I got some saving up to do.
lol

I feel ashamed for even looking... but my eyes wont look away
Hahahaha, too true.

DominoKid

red 4 Loko + red Monster Energy Drink + Burnetts* = red death / blackout in a cup. for when a 4 Loko just isnt enough.

*i forget how the girl made it. i want to say it's strawberry burnetts?

either way, hammered for suuuuuper cheap. i used to make a goblet of that shit for myself at our parties.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
Don't feel that much different now that I'm 21. Hell I was already more mature than a lot of cats my age.

That being said, this is gonna be a laid back b-day.

cdyhybrid

Don't feel that much different now that I'm 21. Hell I was already more mature than a lot of cats my age.

That being said, this is gonna be a laid back b-day.

Yeah I'm kinda over the whole get hammered for your bday thing. Usually just ends up with you being sloppy and your friends just kinda spectating. Better to save the heavy drinking for big occasions that everyone can get up for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom