• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
mccain-wedding.jpg

Congratulations, Jack and Renee. Welcome to the club. Here's your box of Cheerios and the first two seasons of Scandal* on DVD.

*I don't watch it myself, but c'mon, it's an obvious joke.

Onemic

So far there are three or so blackGAF members in the 'IN' category. So in less than 2 days the number of black people on that site will just about double.

The question remains, how many of of those that got in were light skinned muthafuckas.

We already got one.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
In other news, i was introduced to the following terms yesterday:

Genderqueer
Third Gender
Two Spirit

I like to consider myself an open minded and progressive individual, but i have to be honest BCT, this was as close to having my mind blown as i have been in a long time. Guess i have a bit of educating myself to do. Is the above new for any of you?

And apologies if that offended anyone, was not my intention.

Genderqueer
Third Gender
Two Spirit

I like to consider myself an open minded and progressive individual, but i have to be honest BCT, this was as close to having my mind blown as i have been in a long time. Guess i have a bit of educating myself to do. Is the above new for any of you?

I'll keep mouth shut regarding that territory.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3

Genderqueer
Third Gender
Two Spirit
Never heard "two spirit".

Sounds like something someone came up with to cheat on someone. "Baby, I'm a two spirit... you can't hold me down."

Genderqueer
Third Gender
Two Spirit

I've heard genderqueer before, but not Third Gender or Two Spirit.

Though I always knew that the scale had a bunch of things on it.

Onemic

Genderqueer
Third Gender
Two Spirit

Only know about genderqueer from that list.

Tell yourself she'll be fat and ugly in 10 years, might speed up the healing process.

But even her mom is kinda hot.
Another one comes along. You'd be surprised my brotha!

But right now you're gonna have to hold that shit in your chest XD
I've given up being in a relationship. Pretty much don't have the time or patients for it these days. However I really think I need to stop messing with Mexican or White women. I've got to the point where my own kind do nothing for me.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
I'm curious how many people here are in an interracial relationship? If so do you prefer another race or it just so happen to have happened?

Single at the moment, but almost all my past relationships have been interracial. Can't say i have preference of any one over the other, just usually as a result of where i've lived.

Nakazato

I'm curious how many people here are in an interracial relationship? If so do you prefer another race or it just so happen to have happened?
I am and for me it was the black chicks i knew in hs and middle school were all judgmental to the fact i was a nerd. So i just stopped trying with them. Yet around the other races i could be me.

DominoKid

Single at the moment (aka forever so far). I just holla at any race really. It's not like I'm successful w / any of em but maybe I'll stumble into something. </hope>

It just happens for me. The chick I linked to was actually a blind date and I had no idea she was black. I remember the mutual friend that hooked us up saying she didn't want to tell me because she thought I would say no.

zon

Genderqueer
Third Gender
Two Spirit

Wtf is Two Spirit?

Genderqueer means they feel like they don't belong to either gender, or am I wrong?

Third gender means men living like women or women living like men (trans people more or less)?

zon

But even her mom is kinda hot.

I've given up being in a relationship. Pretty much don't have the time or patients for it these days. However I really think I need to stop messing with Mexican or White women. I've got to the point where my own kind do nothing for me.

Then you just have to hold that L

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3

I am.

I've never dated white women. Just never worked out that way. Mostly Asians (whole continent). Couple of black girls. Couple of Hispanics. Married to a Taiwanese. I can tell you I definitely prefer dark hair and dark eyes.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Wtf is Two Spirit?

Genderqueer means they feel like they don't belong to either gender, or am I wrong?

Third gender means men living like women or women living like men (trans people more or less)?

Apparently Two Spirit refers to those who fulfil mixed gender roles. Seems like a "whole new" way of saying a bi-gendered individual. I made the mistake of referring to someone as trans and got lectured on all the new terms.

Third gender supposedly refers to those who don't identify as either male or female.

Oh and then i got shown these:

Gorillaz

In an old relationship it just...clicked. I think I ended up more open being in college then high school because back then I wasn't that open bout dating anyone. But I would say 2nd year in college chick in my class who use to live with us in the dorms ended up in one of my classes. After always talking in class and shit it just happened.

I have a thing for whtie European women tho. I met a French chick in Little Tokyo a few days ago. We were chatting it up in line for some coffee when this ugly ass dude walked up, called her babe, and they took off. I saw her a couple of times as I walked around (LT is small) and she would just smile and look back at me.

Not in a serious relationship att but I tend to be attracted to black women and Hispanic women. But if I had a nickel for every time I've heard that I "look like (I) date white girls". What does that even mean man?

DominoKid

Not in a serious relationship att but I tend to be attracted to black women and Hispanic women. But if I had a nickel for every time I've heard that I "look like (I) date white girls". What does that even mean man?

it means you don't come off as a real nigga basically. it's character assault.

Onemic

Apparently Two Spirit refers to those who fulfil mixed gender roles. Seems like a "whole new" way of saying a bi-gendered individual. I made the mistake of referring to someone as trans and got lectured on all the new terms.

Third gender supposedly refers to those who don't identify as either male or female.

Oh and then i got shown these:

oh, now I remember two spirit. Learned it in sociology. It's pretty much a term exclusive to certain aboriginal tribes.

Recon

Banned

I have never dated my own race(I'm white), and I'm currently dating someone who is korean/white. I don't have a preference other than non-white girls. I really don't care for white girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom