• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I mean, it was kind of just a boring-ass regular conference, with some decent gameplay demos (when they weren't freezing), and then all of a sudden a murder happened while we all watched.

I mean, it was kind of just a boring-ass regular conference, with some decent gameplay demos (when they weren't freezing), and then all of a sudden a murder happened while we all watched.

Yeait was like:

PqPQgPY.gif

"Yea....you showed more exclusives MS....yea...... I'll give you that...but...USED GAMES TRICK....NO DRM PUNK.....399 FUCKBOY.....we gonna charge for online tho...."

Nakazato

Just heard my Aunt BF died. I was shocked they been dating for 3 or 4 years now. Im just crazy shocked. Was a good role model to both my cousins even helped my aunt to understand that my cousin was gay and she needed to accept it.

RIP he was a great man.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Fuck Sony for forcing live bullshit for multi. :mad:

Honestly, outside of price, DRM, and KH, I thought the conference was kind of ass. :/ It's nice to see that they're treating Indies pleasantly.

A friend of a friend is literally justifying his XBone purchase with 'it'll get better eventually' and the Killer Instinct remake.

My younger brother was visibly upset by MS getting their chained snatched.

So I'm dealing with some personal shit and enjoying quality time with the widely and my phone got hit by Kwame trying to impress Linka. With nothing but how Sony just peaced MS the fuck out. So what's the lowdown. My boys hipped me to some but not all.

All I know after reading all their shit is...

"Sony parted the cloud".

I know some of you have been saying PS+ was a good service, I just got a year sub and got vanquish which I was one click away form buying a few days ago. And when I'm done with that I'll get Dues Ex which I never checked out. I could use a bigger HD but with the PS4 comign out at the end of the year it feels like it would be a waste of money.

This thing is gonna pay for itself pretty quick.

iavi

I know some of you have been saying PS+ was a good service, I just got a year sub and got vanquish which I was one click away form buying a few days ago. And when I'm done with that I'll get Dues Ex which I never checked out. I could use a bigger HD but with the PS4 comign out at the end of the year it feels like it would be a waste of money.

Especially with the free Driveclub on Day one. That's going to be my TITLE.

DominoKid

man oh man, finally able to get back on this shit on my computer.

seen everything i needed to see. Sony gave MS that woooork. MS didn't show a damn thing that looked interesting to me that the PS4 won't do better.
- $399
- No restrictions
- FF Versus turned XV (that shit looks hype)
- KH3 (no lie, my eyes teared up at the "one more thing" before the reveal. i thought it was coming but i didn't believe. been waiting 8 years for this shit yall)
- dope looking indie games & heavy indie focus.

i honestly don't know how anyone can justify buying an X1 as their only platform this gen. i have strained my brain to come up w/ some good logic and i have nothing.

Gorillaz

I can't believe that conference just happened.
DtkdMMO.gif

The amount of aggression toward MS in that last 15 mins...got damn

That was PS2 era Sony...tho lineup wise it was "decent" No day one or year one for me tho, unless something changes at gamescon or TGS

iavi

The thing about the MS conference was that, while a lot of great games were shown, no exclusives were shown that made me really need the box. MGSV's game of show, but it's going to be on the PS4 as well.

DominoKid

I can't believe that conference just happened.
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee115/pulsar43/Purpose/42306_zps28d4fa91.gif[IMG]

[B]
The amount of aggression toward MS in that last 15 mins...got damn

That was PS2 era Sony.[/B][/QUOTE]

shit was like [IMG]http://i.minus.com/iLaxYAHSvMSev.gif on loop.

i am interested to see what Nintendo can cobble together though. no interest in buying a Wii U but i figured they have to come hard to climb out of the grave they've dug for themselves.

Gorillaz

I can't find the link since it has been changed back..... but someone changed Jack Trenton's Wiki and put that he was wanted for murder of Microsoft as of June 10th

i honestly don't know how anyone can justify buying an X1 as their only platform this gen. i have strained my brain to come up w/ some good logic and i have nothing.

Have a stockpile of Live subs.....want to maintain their gamerscore....Halo fan.....yea. MS said they were gonna kill Sony, fucked around and got embarrassed.

Moris, MS didn't show that many exclusives. I think it was one or two. The rest are multi.

MS conference felt like they showcased games better, though the elephant in the room made it hard to enjoy.

i am interested to see what Nintendo can cobble together though. no interest in buying a Wii U but i figured they have to come hard to climb out of the grave they've dug for themselves.

Smash Bros, Zelda, Mario, Pikmin 3 and maybe a surprise or two. WiiL was always gonna be a purchase once the price dropped for me. Buying a Wii at launch was a huge mistake.

Once a couple of the Nintendo standards come out along with Wonderful101, paired with a nice price drop maybe this or next black friday. I'll definitely get one.

I hope Nintendo tries to play up no DRM or online requirements. This is how I picture it'd go down:

"Aww look Sony is going to allow us to play used games!"
1r4nteu.jpg

"GET NINTENDO OUTTA THE WAY!"

Gorillaz

I"m not into the Kingdom Heart shit....but it was kind of wierd seeing it. Like it wasn't even THERE last gen it felt like a throwback moment. Like early 2000 vibe

it just appeared out of thin air... "in development"

DominoKid

Hoping for that too. Not expecting the date though, probably just a season.

Also Viewtiful Joe + God Hand + DMC x Bayonetta + Platinum Mega Man reboot yadda yadda

oh god if they pull VJ out the vaults and put it on the Wii U i'm gonna be reeeeeeeal salty. they already threw em a bone w/ Bayo 2.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Plus is a worthwhile venture.

So after the no drm hype and a few hours sleep. I'm able to review both conferences level headed.

MSFT. showcased games better with better precision. The price killed them though. DRM had already put them behind the 8 ball before the conference. They'll still do good in the states if my friends are any indication. The level of people I know actually defending XBone on twitter and FB is a little sad imo.

Sony. stumbled out the gate, too much time spent on movies and music. Slayed MSFT with price and no DRM. Then shanked their fans with multiplayer behind a paywall. They'll do better out the gate with sales but they'll stumble after a few months. I have a few friends on PSN and only 3 are plus users. Not sure how well that will go over with the average Sony fan.

Also everything going on with the XBone right now was prophesied by GFWL. It is all the crap they have always wanted to do. The first sign was when they tried to get PC gamers to pay to play and the xbl check in that all GFWL titles have to do is their DRM policy on a much smaller scale.

Both consoles will sale well in their respective regions, I personally won't be backing either horse.

DominoKid

So after the no drm hype and a few hours sleep. I'm able to review both conferences level headed.

MSFT. showcased games better with better precision. The price killed them though. DRM had already put them behind the 8 ball before the conference. They'll still do good in the states if my friends are any indication. The level of people I know actually defending XBone on twitter and FB is a little sad imo.

Sony. stumbled out the gate, too much time spent on movies and music. Slayed MSFT with price and no DRM. Then shanked their fans with multiplayer behind a paywall. They'll do better out the gate with sales but they'll stumble after a few months. I have a few friends on PSN and only 3 are plus users. Not sure how well that will go over with the average Sony fan.

Also everything going on with the XBone right now was prophesied by GFWL. It is all the crap they have always wanted to do. The first sign was when they tried to get PC gamers to pay to play and the xbl check in that all GFWL titles have to do is their DRM policy on a much smaller scale.

Both consoles will sale well in their respective regions, I personally won't be backing either horse.

i really feel like folks are making a way bigger deal out of this than it actually is to soften the asswhooping Microsoft just took. you just don't know a lot of PS+ users because it isnt required right now. if XBL somehow let you play online w/ Silver there's no way in hell i would've buying Gold all this time. but in the grand scheme of things it's pretty much trivial and while folks might be salty about it now, they'll bite that one and deal w/ it. PS+ will be the standard just like XBL Gold is. at least PS+ actually has dope deals that make it worth the cost. XBL Gold is a joke.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

Idk it might be an age demographic but as far as the people I know (mid/late 20's) there is only one guy who is a fanatic X-box one guy and he use to play the original X box over the ps2 back in the day as well.

I think a lot the older casual gamers (10 hours average a week) are going to follow the price/peer group (like they did with the X-box 360) and I see that going to the ps4. The X box will get sales but this next generation they won't be as ubiquitous as they are now. Also as an X-box guy I am willing to pay for multiplayer now, getting free games for it included is going to be amazing....

BHZ Mayor

i really feel like folks are making a way bigger deal out of this than it actually is to soften the asswhooping Microsoft just took. you just don't know a lot of PS+ users because it isnt required right now. if XBL somehow let you play online w/ Silver there's no way in hell i would've buying Gold all this time. but in the grand scheme of things it's pretty much trivial and while folks might be salty about it now, they'll bite that one and deal w/ it. PS+ will be the standard just like XBL Gold is. at least PS+ actually has dope deals that make it worth the cost. XBL Gold is a joke.

Aside from the obvious not wanting to pay, it's frustrating because of the ether. It's like, they just had to have one fuck up.

And I say that in the sense that all last/this gen they used the fact that you could play online without paying as a huge selling point even taking jabs at MSFT in past E3's for it. There is a lot of value in plus value that I was not aware of until I got my free plus from the hacking incident. True my psn friends are a very small circle. I'm just saying they could have did a better job of conveying that to consumers.

About the folks biting on the ps+ deal. I should add the cats on my friends list sold their 360's to take a stand against Live and ended up supporting PS+. I should also add that I ws part of that Live exodus as well. Selling my 360 3 years ago.

ReiGun

"I have no no problem paying for PS+. Especially since it means the network won't be hacked again."

People out here reaching. I got to stop talking games on fb.

I don't play games enough for plus to have any value for me. I really would be paying just to play online.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Yesterday was crazy! Sony delivered some haymakers to MS, after Xbox One'sstrong exclusives showing.

Its like a complete flip of roles from last gen. Paying for online now has irked a lot more Sony fans though (told you there was some bad coming)

MS has the support of publishers. Sony currently has the hearts and minds of gamers. If they capture enough, then it becomes a big enough group that publishers can't ignore.

And a brief teaser of my AC project during the Sony presser. We celebrated with a big ass dinner afterwards. Today is all about hands on stuff.

Yeah, yeah Sony killed it. I just watched the Sony's press conference awhile ago after coming home from work.

PS4 is going to spank the competition etc, etc. Man where my PS Vita price drop? I'm just saying.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Seems only fair, MS and Ninty fanboys shat all over them for months after the PS3 was unveiled. :p

Truth be told, I don't see any mind-blowing, earth shattering games. It's only the no DRM/no restrictions that has everyone in a tizzy. Oh and the price.

I guess it is kinda justified.

Slayven

A friend of a friend is literally justifying his XBone purchase with 'it'll get better eventually' and the Killer Instinct remake.

My younger brother was visibly upset by MS getting their chained snatched.
I hope you slapped him and told him to man up.

I think MS strategy could have worked........over the course of 3 more gens. The fuck they thinking going all in like that in 1.

You got to ease into that shit. Like by saying your finger slipped, and telling gamers they might like it.

Trey

MS wouldn't even be in bad shape if they had price parity with the PS4. People will be hard pressed to find 100 dollar value in the Kinect unless MS does something amazing.

BHZ Mayor

Truth be told, I don't see any mind-blowing, earth shattering games. It's only the no DRM/no restrictions that has everyone in a tizzy. Oh and the price.

I guess it is kinda justified.

It's like when Chris Rock was talking about how folks brag about never being to jail.

But aside from that, how is Microsoft gonna come back from this? They went IN, deep. Damage control left and right. Hiring people to go on message boards and astroturf. Paying 3rd parties to not show titles at the PS4 conference to try and deflect attention from their policies. Canceling interviews with the media. A guy lost his job behind this shit. There's no turning back from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom