• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

Spike Lee been making em mad for like 30 years lmao. I might not like all his movies or agree w/ his Tarantino hate but I fucks w/ dude for the most part.

I have a feeling that when Spike Lee's Oldboy comes out people are going to get banned.

Fuck em.

Hollywood has been appropriating foreign classics forever. Spike has every right to make his take on Oldboy.

Original is arguably not even the best in its trilogy. Not everything need be considered sacred. It's based off a manga for crying out loud.

Or why Juno was hunting Jamal.

I don't get it.

harSon

Banned
Who else was at E3 who want to do the podcast this monday @ 830pm est. Otherwise Harson will jump in.

I get off work at five and get home around 530, so I'd probably be on and ready to go closer to 540 if I'm needed.

And yeah, Ellen Page hunting African warlords named Jamal was some of the most ridiculous shit Lol

cdyhybrid

Fuck em.

Hollywood has been appropriating foreign classics forever. Spike has every right to make his take on Oldboy.

Original is arguably not even the best in its trilogy. Not everything need be considered sacred. It's based off a manga for crying out loud.

I don't get it.

It's from that game with Ellen Page and Willem Dafoe.

DominoKid

I haven't heard any songs, but why not?

this shit is waaaaaaaaay away from radio format in either content, sound, structure for most songs. some of them all 3. it's more out there than anything he's done.

only thing i can see working is like the first half of Send It Up.

great album though. that first listen is going to leave you wondering wtf you just heard though.

Onemic

i don't think they can play anything from Yeezus on black radio lmao. I wonder if they'll even bother trying.

This is the most fucked up album I've listened to in a while. And I listen to fucked up shit.

Yet something about it makes me want to keep going. This shit's great.

PSN - GotEmRunnin
XBL - GotEmRunnin (haven't used it in years)

In other news: Just got back from seeing the Man of Steel. It's worth a watch. One thing bothers me but I'll wait till it's been out a while before I address it.

harSon

Banned
My own release schedule is pushed back months to a year. I typically wait however many months it takes for a game to drop to $19.99 to $29.99, which surprisingly isn't terribly long most of the time. I love being able to walk into a store, drop $60.00 and get 2-3 quality games for my chunk of change. It simply doesn't make sense to pay the full price of the game unless it's something that I'll be playing with friends and getting my money's worth, like Halo, Madden, Battlefield, etc. I don't get to participate in the game's discussions most of the time, but that's a worthy trade off for paying a fraction of the price it would have taken at the time of the game's launch.

I probably won't be playing The Last of Us until sometime closer to Christmas :( I can probably afford to be a little more reckless with my money due to this new job, but cheap habits die hard!

harSon

Banned
Thoughts? Gator gave Avengers high praise, so I took his MoS opinion with some salt.

edit: harson get on those red box codes. I beat BioShock and Saints Row for like 6 bucks total and that's just because I was too lazy to return SR for a few days.

My gaming is too inconsistent to take advantage of that haha. Sometimes I'll go hard in the paint, and others I'll go weeks or months without picking up a console game. I actually haven't played a console game since Bioshock: Infinite, which I regret buying at $60.... Good game but it ain't worth 60 bucks considering I haven't looked in the game's direction since I beat it.

My gaming is too inconsistent to take advantage of that haha. Sometimes I'll go hard in the paint, and others I'll go weeks or months without picking up a console game. I actually haven't played a console game since Bioshock: Infinite, which I regret buying at $60.... Good game but it ain't worth 60 bucks considering I haven't looked in the game's direction since I beat it.

Day rentals @ $2 seem perfect for the inconsistent gamer, especially if the first day is free.

Unless you use a download service, a drive to the store is about the same as a drive to a redbox.

looks like we got a squad for that multi.

also during the podcast if you cats can please please bring up the dumb ass inconvenient use of mobile devices on next gen games.

FyreWulff

looks like we got a squad for that multi.

also during the podcast if you cats can please please bring up the dumb ass inconvenient use of mobile devices on next gen games.

Sounds like a stupid parity requirement for games that have a Wii U version, and "look we have a second screen !!11!" for others. I'm assuming the co-op tablet stuff on Watch Dogs is on the Wii U gamepad for that version. And it's still stupid you can do cross-plat communication like that but you still can't have a game share it's online userbase between MS and Sony because pointless pride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom