• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

The difference between MS DRM backtracking and Sony DRM rumors is the difference between your significant other thinking about cheating and ultimately not following through and them bringing someone home while you're in bed.

You should stop dating women who only want your money.

HeadsUp7Up

Wassup fam

Where you're from- Wichita, KS
Where you live- Dallas, TX
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Nope, need to research that.
Do you know your roots- Mostly
Your Age- 27
Favorite musical genre- Neo-Soul
Your profession/major/career interest- Construction Project Engineer
Your religious affiliation- Christian
Hobbies- Basketball, model cars, cars, books & games

Got an 85 on Rob's Blackness Aptitude test; am I black enough to be in here?

Wassup fam

Where you're from- Wichita, KS
Where you live- Dallas, TX
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Nope, need to research that.
Do you know your roots- Mostly
Your Age- 27
Favorite musical genre- Neo-Soul
Your profession/major/career interest- Construction Project Engineer
Your religious affiliation- Christian
Hobbies- Basketball, model cars, cars, books & games

Got an 85 on Rob's Blackness Aptitude test; am I black enough to be in here?

Do you put sugar in your grits?

BHZ Mayor

Salt and butter

thumbs-aloft.gif

HeadsUp7Up

If you made the with the butter that's fine, but to add it after is another thing.

But salt in your grits? nope.gif

Have you tried it though? Now if I would have said somethin like chitterlings is my favorite I could feel you. Still don't know how folks in family eat that garbage. And yeah you toss the butter in there while you're making it. I add salt later on cause my wife likes a ton of it and I hardly need any.

Slayven

Have you tried it though? Now if I would have said somethin like chitterlings is my favorite I could feel you. Still don't know how folks in family eat that garbage. And yeah you toss the butter in there while you're making it. I add salt later on cause my wife likes a ton of it and I hardly need any.

You down with hogmaws?

HeadsUp7Up

That and the true definition of the word "Thick" I don't think we even have a scale or measuring tool to confirm what is "Thick" and what isn't

"Thick" is one of those things that's hard to define but when you see it, you know it. Case in point, Serena Williams.

#NoGame

Waiting in line to order a sandwich. 3 people in front of me, 2 female 1 male. One of the girls is foreign, from Japan, transferred and the other two (1 guy 1 girl) are showing her around.

Dude is obviously interested. Motormouth, tripping over his words and acting like the 2nd girl is invisible. This is when it goes cringeworthy.

Tranafer-girl says she's 27 (she looks it if not older) and he goes " you don't look 27! You look really young ....like.... younger than her!" and he points at the second girl who says she's 24 and looks 17. The younger girl stares daggers at him and the older girl is obviously uncomfortable. Dude doesn't pick up on it and continues and even repeats himself. I look away cover my mouth with my hand and try not to laugh.

WiiU level of game.

#NoGame

Waiting in line to order a sandwich. 3 people in front of me, 2 female 1 male. One of the girls is foreign, from Japan, transferred and the other two (1 guy 1 girl) are showing her around.

Dude is obviously interested. Motormouth, tripping over his words and acting like the 2nd girl is invisible. This is when it goes cringeworthy.

Tranafer-girl says she's 27 (she looks it if not older) and he goes " you don't look 27! You look really young ....like.... younger than her!" and he points at the second girl who says she's 24 and looks 17. The younger girl stares daggers at him and the older girl is obviously uncomfortable. Dude doesn't pick up on it and continues and even repeats himself. I look away cover my mouth with my hand and try not to laugh.

WiiU level of game.

Oh my lord.

#NoGame

WiiU level of game.

Ouch

HeadsUp7Up

#NoGame

WiiU level of game.

Damn WiiU

Edit: Beaten

Slayven

#NoGame

WiiU level of game.
You should have swooped in there like the Latin knight and showed him what was up.

Nerds staunchly against opening a discussion about sexism/homophobia/racism in the gaming world. Shocking.

I saw someone describe it well on this site somewhere: being on the internet is no less real than being off the internet, but people are able to choose how real it gets for them. It's easier to ignore stuff that matters online because you can just close the tab or find support from others who have similar aversions to important/sensitive issues.

Trey

I saw someone describe it well on this site somewhere: being on the internet is no less real than being off the internet, but people are able to choose how real it gets for them. It's easier to ignore stuff that matters online because you can just close the tab or find support from others who have similar aversions to important/sensitive issues.

This is true in real life too unless you are immersed in the "realness".

But then, the overall problem is at its root a lack of perspective and empathy, so if they aren't already in it, people aren't prone to putting themselves in uncomfortable positions which tend to reflect poorly on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom