• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSwirl

The game is on it's own level really.

The ending I mean.

I can't even post in Slay's thread right now. I had to niggafy some dudes conversation at lunch a few minutes ago. He was going on about how his daughter is dating a black guy and the guy has a pretty good job at Microsoft but he complains to much about the obstacles he has to face at work for being black. Then he said:

"I get so sick of his complaining. Blacks don't have it bad anymore. He never experienced slavery, He didn't experience what his ancestors did so he can't complain."

My boy tried to stop me, but it was too late. "Hey my man, have you ever been stopped by the cops because you fit the description? Have you ever had a security guard follow you around in the store because you look like the type to steal? Have you ever been frisked longer than everyone else at a Hootie and the blowfish concert because you don't look like the type to listen to that kind of music? Ever been told by a boss you need to soften your look if you want to get a promotion? Oh you haven't? Then you have no right to speak on the black experience. Especially here in North Carolina......Now finish ya lil frosty and get way from round me"

coming from the south you know he got me pissed when I'm playing some ole negro gospel at my desk trying to calm down.

Edit- Dammit D.funk. Let me crank this Kirk Franklin up!!!

See man I just don't even bother in these situations.

...and is it messed up that I've never encountered any of those situations either? At least not encountered those situations and realized it.

Even though I wasn't going to get an Xbone any time soon that sharing shit sounded pretty cool to me. Ideally they should have relaxed the 24 hour check to like a month or whatever it is for Steam. It's not like you can trade games after you registered them anyway. Would have been the dawn of a new day not having to actually lend ninjas my discs. I got discs from 10+ years ago looking all pristine still and everytime I lent something always ended up with me plotting to get them back on some espionage shit.

ReiGun

I have developed the terrible habit of sleeping all day and staying up all night, so I missed the fun. Good shit to Microsoft for wising up and cutting all that bullshit out. I still don't see myself getting one though; most of my friends play on PS3, and just like I couldn't justify owning both a PS3 and a 360, I don't see the PS4 and Xbone being different enough that I need both.

FyreWulff

Which is exactly why Microsoft spite-removed some of the features, to paint some stuff as "well, we could have done -awesomething- but we can't do it now because of what you did :(" even though they still can.

They could do all the family sharing stuff they were talking about with digital download games if they were that intent. I don't see how you trust a company who tried to pull what they pulled with a straight face. They can change the ToS whenever they want to so expect it to not be as clear cut as it sounds right now. All those cloud single player games are probably gonna require a permanent internet connection too.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Don't tell me you guys are gonna crawl back to m$ after this fuckery

I hope no one does. Man microsoft are probably just going to slow roll all those bad DRM features onto consumers over the life cycle of the X box one, once they've sold enough units. I don't trust them and I hope nobody in their right mind does either. They had no problem a few weeks ago fucking over their consumers and that was before they got a single customer to invest money into their system and games.

I hope no one does. Man microsoft are probably just going to slow roll all those bad DRM features onto consumers over the life cycle of the X box one, once they've sold enough units. I don't trust them and I hope nobody in their right mind does either. They had no problem a few weeks ago fucking over their consumers and that was before they got a single customer to invest money into their system and games.

I'm with you on this bro. Who's to say they don't add this stuff at a later date. The same way Sony pulled out the ps3's Linux capability, MSFT could easily add their DRM stuff at a later date. This stuff has already been built, it's already been mapped out. All they are doing is delaying the inevitable in my opinion.

Trey

I'm with you on this bro. Who's to say they don't add this stuff at a later date. The same way Sony pulled out the ps3's Linux capability, MSFT could easily add their DRM stuff at a later date. This stuff has already been built, it's already been mapped out. All they are doing is delaying the inevitable in my opinion.

The industry will be there sooner than many on this board will hope. Sony has similar plans.

harSon

Banned
Don't tell me you guys are gonna crawl back to m$ after this fuckery

This is such a stupid position though. Sony admitted that they were considering the very same policies, they just handled it better by backtracking behind the scenes. People who act like Sony have more morals than Microsoft, and that they're pro consumer and for gamers, are completely misguided. Sony is a multi billion dollar corporation just like Microsoft, and like all multi billion dollar corporations, all decisions they make are with the intention of self preservation and increasing future profits. If a multi billion dollar corporation radiates qualities that are seemingly pro consumer and pro gaming, it's because they've deemed those qualities necessary to increasing their bottom line. That's why we see corporations shift from being virtuous and pro consumer, to morally repugnant assholes without a car in the world towards the industry, and vice versa depending on their success within their respective fields.

We're not that far removed from a time where Microsoft was seen as "for gamers," and Sony was seen as conceited, complacent and full of themselves. If a company thinks they can get away with something without any blow back, they're going to do it 100% of the time. Case in point, Sony charging for PSN this generation.

Couple things....

Why the hell and am I up at 0600 at work.

I watched Ladykillers and showed my girl the movie in for the first time. She loved it.

And Patrice O'neal is too damn funny. Im going through his appearances on O&A on youtube.

FyreWulff

They really should have said "every single Xbox One game will have dedicated servers powered by Microsoft, standard". People would have fucking loved it

but nope, had to use the cloud pr bullshit. Hardly anyone knows the above fact. And that's all on them. Because that's really what it is, every game has the ability to spin up dedis in Azure. Which to be honest, is a really cool thing.

Slayven

They really should have said "every single Xbox One game will have dedicated servers powered by Microsoft, standard". People would have fucking loved it

but nope, had to use the cloud pr bullshit. Hardly anyone knows the above fact. And that's all on them. Because that's really what it is, every game has the ability to spin up dedis in Azure. Which to be honest, is a really cool thing.

Are clouds better than pikmin?

the cloud talk really messed them up. Most people think of icloud, or google drive when you talk cloud. They could have done a much better job of conveying that xbone message to the general pub.

This is such a stupid position though. Sony admitted that they were considering the very same policies, they just handled it better by backtracking behind the scenes. People who act like Sony have more morals than Microsoft, and that they're pro consumer and for gamers, are completely misguided. Sony is a multi billion dollar corporation just like Microsoft, and like all multi billion dollar corporations, all decisions they make are with the intention of self preservation and increasing future profits. If a multi billion dollar corporation radiates qualities that are seemingly pro consumer and pro gaming, it's because they've deemed those qualities necessary to increasing their bottom line. That's why we see corporations shift from being virtuous and pro consumer, to morally repugnant assholes without a car in the world towards the industry, and vice versa depending on their success within their respective fields.

We're not that far removed from a time where Microsoft was seen as "for gamers," and Sony was seen as conceited, complacent and full of themselves. If a company thinks they can get away with something without any blow back, they're going to do it 100% of the time. Case in point, Sony charging for PSN this generation.

understatement of the year. they've been "considering" it since before the PS3 launch.

The difference between MS DRM backtracking and Sony DRM rumors is the difference between your significant other thinking about cheating and ultimately not following through and them bringing someone home while you're in bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom