• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally think it's far and away the bet FPS this gen. That and Rainbow 6 Vegas.

Killzone 2 was soooo damn good when it came out. That was my shit. Best FPS (on consoles) this gen. The clan system alone blows out other FPS and the less reliance on DTS aiming.

Killzone 2 still has one of the best multiplayer components this gen.

Fully Agreed. I enjoyed both 2 and 3. I only was annoyed at the horrible story pacing of the third game. But the multi for KZ, RB6 and battlefield games have been my favorite this gen.

I wonder how Hollywood feels knowing its two biggest chances at reliving the glory days of action flicks are two men of mix ethnicity? No one goes to see the F&F movies for Paul Walker.

If fact I wonder how they rationalize a lot of things. Slumdog Millionaire and Life of Pi can't just be seen as exception to the rules or notions these producers have put out about Americans only wanting to see white people struggle.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'll never have the income to be a sneakerhead, but money is plentiful and stable enough now that I finally have new daily sneakers to wear.

http://i.imgur.com/pLDY6pe.jpg

Replaces an older pair which I've been wearing for a longer time than I'd care to admit.

I was blessed that my younger brother ended up becoming a manager at a Nike Factory store so my shoe collection has expanded like crazy over the last 3 years.

I'm not a big shoe guy but when he offers to grab me a pair for free or for 50-80% off it's hard to say no.

They probably view F&F as the exception. Vin isn't pulling in audiences for anything else, neither is Walker but whateva. I don't think The Rock's resume looks that great either.

harSon

Banned
I wonder how Hollywood feels knowing its two biggest chances at reliving the glory days of action flicks are two men of mix ethnicity? No one goes to see the F&F movies for Paul Walker.

If fact I wonder how they rationalize a lot of things. Slumdog Millionaire and Life of Pi can't just be seen as exception to the rules or notions these producers have put out about Americans only wanting to see white people struggle.

Yup, they'll view it as an exception. The handful of industry exceptions are damn near a mountain at this point, but Hollywood's not going to change anytime soon.

They probably view F&F as the exception. Vin isn't pulling in audiences for anything else, neither is Walker but whateva. I don't think The Rock's resume looks that great either.

pacifier_poster.jpg

Domestic Total Gross: $113,086,868

How?
Da fuck if i know

harSon

Banned
Giving Renner the lead to multiple franchises pretty much shows exactly how highly they rate non-white leads for action movies.

I don't mind Jeremy Renner being hamfisted down our throats by Hollywood. At least he paid his dues at lower levels and pieced together his fair share of roles before being given his big break. People like Sam Worthington and Taylor Kitsch on the other hand did very little to deserve being handed the keys to several blockbuster films. Armie Hammer and The Lone Ranger is another example. Nicholas Hoult is probably the next dude who's going to be shoved down our throats, but his path to stardom isn't quite as bad as Worthington and Kitsch.

DominoKid

I don't mind Jeremy Renner being hamfisted down our throats by Hollywood. At least he paid his dues at lower levels and pieced together his fair share of roles before being given his big break. People like Sam Worthington and Taylor Kitsch on the other hand did very little to deserve being handed the keys to several blockbuster films. Armie Hammer and The Lone Ranger is another example. Nicholas Hoult is probably the next dude who's going to be shoved down our throats, but his path to stardom isn't quite as bad as Worthington and Kitsch.

Kitsch was da god Tim Riggins. He's good in my book.

I honestly just don't like Renner in a lead role at all, let alone leading two huge action franchises.

I thought we'd see a lot more action flicks from that Taylor kid from Twilight to be honest. Surprised he only did the one. I checked it out on Netflix the other day it's decent. That kid, The Rock, and Jason Momoa seem like great fits for action flicks but Hollywood is more interested in manufacturing stars I suppose. The inner workings of Hollywood are pretty jacked up though so maybe it's better that they aren't getting the roles.

Quick, someone post Paul Walker's highest grossing film outside of the F&F franchise!

Paul Walker exists outside of F&F?

Into the Blue
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $18,801,234
+ Foreign: $25,633,205
= Worldwide: $44,434,439

Running Scared
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $6,855,137
+ Foreign: $2,524,892
= Worldwide: $9,380,029

Gorillaz

Speaking of Fast and Furious how the hell did it come back from the grave like that? I don't think I ever seen a action movie come back from the ashes like FnF.

Quick, someone post Paul Walker's highest grossing film outside of the F&F franchise!

Paul Walker exists outside of F&F?

lol

antarctica_poster.jpg

Domestic Total Gross: $81,612,565

I love this movie

Me too. I went in blind, and in the back of my mind I was worried that it was going to shift into Snow Dogs territory near the start, but I was totally into it past the halfway point. It's an excellent movie. Kinda long, though.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
It pains me to know that hard R rated action movies are so dead, nowadays. I shed a tear when Dredd bombed in theaters. That movie was so good. :(

Mr. Patch

I never would have thought that watching Love & Hip Hop could cause any type of discussion about white privilege.

A woman on there pretty much said she'll get a job because she's white.

It pains me to know that hard R rated action movies are so dead, nowadays. I shed a tear when Dredd bombed in theaters. That movie was so good. :(

That was good. From what little I've seen of the comics, it felt true to them. Karl Urban's face was spot on throughout.

It's strange to think Die Hard 4 (and I assume 5) is less bloody/graphic than the earlier ones.

I saw 50 First Dates more than 50 times working at Circuit City. I never want to watch that movie ever again.

Tokyo Drift was "so bad it's good" territory, though. I'll watch that whenever it comes on.

Ha, we rep that same SmartTech. That's how I got my PS3 a few days after launch fuck a customer, I needed that pstriple.

RedSwirl

Input lag in a FPS is crime.

If only they actually adopted 60fps as an unwritten rule like fighters and racing games do.

But anyway, Killzone has always had really solid multiplayer, but average-at-best singleplayer. That and the art direction has always looked pretty cool.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
If only they actually adopted 60fps as an unwritten rule like fighters and racing games do.

But anyway, Killzone has always had really solid multiplayer, but average-at-best singleplayer. That and the art direction has always looked pretty cool.

what does the framerate really matter when you're steering your damn aim around with an analog stick and generous autoaim anyway?

Onemic

what does the framerate really matter when you're steering your damn aim around with an analog stick and generous autoaim anyway?

none

Input lag was pretty much a non factor due to everyone having it and the game being played on a controller.

RedSwirl

Input lag is based on framerate. It's not the only thing that affects input lag, but it is the primary limiter. A 30fps game can't have any less than 100 milliseconds of input lag. With a 60fps game you can usually go down to a little more than half that. It's the reason why Call of Duty's controls feel tighter than almost every other console shooter.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Remember when that one kid at school laughed so hard milk came out his nose? Well that happened to me today except replace laughing with being sick and milk with what I ate for lunch earlier today.

Fuck whoever decided that was a biological possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom