• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onemic

Who remembers Cross Colours from back in the day? I had some outfits that looked like I spilled a fruit cocktail all over my beautiful black-conscious body.

fHYuJk6.jpg

Like the outfit on the right, except guy style and overalls instead of shorts.

All photos have been burned.

I would so get me some of those.

Who remembers Cross Colours from back in the day? I had some outfits that looked like I spilled a fruit cocktail all over my beautiful black-conscious body.

fHYuJk6.jpg

I had some horrible shirts, DAT 90's style!

Also remember Hypercolor Tees

hypercolor.jpg

fHYuJk6.jpg

Post pics of you wearing some

fHYuJk6.jpg
yep, I had a long sleeve polo (!) that looked like this when I was a kid. I was so ballin.

re: it coming back in style; colorblocking is a big thing now, though in much more modern friendly colors heh.

Press button for elevator, as I wait two different groups of people show up, first group consists of 3 white people mid30s, second group 2 white people mid 50s.

Elevator arrives opens and is half full, both groups jump ahead of me, elevator is now full, doors close.

I laughed it off. Too fucking funny.

Press button for elevator, as I wait two different groups of people show up, first group consists of 3 white people mid30s, second group 2 white people mid 50s.

Elevator arrives opens and is half full, both groups jump ahead of me, elevator is now full, doors close.

but the old lady in the youtube vid told me Hispanics were white people too!

Slayven

So your gamestop is on the second level of the mall?

Damn, they aint getting no GS discounts!

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I would have held my arm out to stop the elevator and pushed my way in. If you're gonna be rude then fuck your comfort level.

EDIT: Maybe it was an honest mistake. Tell the truth Moris, were you dressed like this?

newyorker80th-30.jpg

Looking through some of my photographs of myself growing up......

1) If any one finds these pictures know I did not dress myself and it was the 80's

2) I forgot I had my ear pierced in Jr high

3) My fade was only on point for 1 school picture

4) For the love of all things holy why did my parents dress me and my brother like that!
I got this 1 picture its just damn! I'm sure I could blackmail him to not post it online, but I have no leverage because I'm not looking so great either. Its not a good look not at all.

I would have held my arm out to stop the elevator and pushed my way in. If you're gonna be rude then fuck your comfort level.

EDIT: Maybe it was an honest mistake. Tell the truth Moris, were you dressed like this?

newyorker80th-30.jpg

Ha, I stepped forward to get in, cause I was the first person waiting, one of the 30 somethings did the same thing. We both awkwardly stopped but then he pulled that move where you race forward to end the situation asap and then the 4 people behind him pulled the same shit.

Slayven

Ha, I stepped forward to get in, cause I was the first person waiting, one of the 30 somethings did the same thing. We both awkwardly stopped but then he pulled that move where you race forward to end the situation asap and then the 4 people behind him pulled the same shit.

They wouldn't have done that if your name was Lil Joker

harSon

Banned
I guess I'm skipping the next Xbox...

I'm not.

I said it in the other thread, but I don't buy used games as it is. There's little reason too IMO. Outside of flagship console exclusives, games drop in price relatively quickly, to the point where it doesn't make sense to purchase someone's sloppy seconds. I've probably bought a handful of used games over the course of the last two generations. And unlike other people, I don't let principals or convictions get in the way of me playing what I want to. Some people go HAM over their hatred for DRM, to the point where they'll outright skip something. Me? I'll purchase that shit with a smile on my face and play it till I'm worn out.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Wow. We'll see what actually ends up being true when more details are released but if all that is accurate...fucked up on multiple levels.

And I'm not just talking about the no-used games. Always-online in order to function when you already charge users to play games online? What's next, a tax on games so each time you load up a save file it will charge you a dollar? As I said we'll see what happens but IMO it speaks very ill of the direction they are going.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

fHYuJk6.jpg

get that trash outta here. i was a young sucker for buying into that technicolor shit.

I don't buy used games ever but I'd like the option. My brothers and I borrow games with friends too. If its a one time activation thing I won't buy it. Plus their hardware reliability needs to prove itself before I give them anymore money.

I'll probably just skip consoles for the first couple of years anyway. The Halo series seems to get worse with each game so the only MS exclusive I'd probably miss would be Gears of War.

Just got a Ps3 and the "sony exclusives are sooo amazing" shit appears to be yet another gross overexaggeration from GAF. If Uncharted 1 and Killzone 2 are any indiciation of the sort of experiences I'm in for for the first year or so of Orbis then I might as well skip that ish, and I haven't even mentioned the shit hardware Sony and MS came out with at the beginning of the gen in terms of reliability.

harSon

Banned
I don't buy used games ever but I'd like the option. My brothers and I borrow games with friends too. If its a one time activation thing I won't buy it. Plus their hardware reliability needs to prove itself before I give them anymore money.

Their hardware has been pretty legitimate since they've fixed the original 360's issues. The new Xbox 360, Zune, Surface, etc. have all been well built and sturdy pieces of hardware.

Their hardware has been pretty legitimate since they've fixed the original 360's issues. The new Xbox 360, Zune, Surface, etc. have all been well built and sturdy pieces of hardware.

Yea but the original 360 issues were immense. I'm worrying about their launch hardware specifically. After a year or two of relatively stable hardware then I'll consider it.

harSon

Banned
I know, I'm just saying if it takes 2 or 3 years into the cycle for games of that like to appear then I might as well just wait.

I'm probably going to purchase both consoles at lunch (a few of each actually. I'm the asshole scalper!), but I probably won't really get into the next generation of gaming for a while. I've been out of the loop since 2008 (I think Gears 2 was the last game I purchased), so I'll probably pick up games from this generation for cheap and that'll likely last me 1-2 years.

harSon

Banned
Yea but the original 360 issues were immense. I'm worrying about their launch hardware specifically. After a year or two of relatively stable hardware then I'll consider it.

But literally all of their other launch hardware has been spectacular in terms of durability. They're not in the same situation they were in coming off of the original Xbox either. The original Xbox's sales were declining hard, and with Sony coming off of a juggernaut generation in the Playstation 2, they rushed to market so they could have the market to themselves for a while. This time around, the next Xbox has been in development for much longer, and they're releasing it on their own time table without the urgency of improving on a previously mediocre generation.

Renting games, and selling games I don't want anymore for new ones is how I played almost everything I wanted to this gen, fucking sucks these guys are trying to fuck it up so much.

If this is true MS is basically take a huge shit on people who can't afford to buy new games and essentially gutting their xbox marketplace when it comes to buying DLC.

But literally all of their other launch hardware has been spectacular in terms of durability. They're not in the same situation they were in coming off of the original Xbox either. The original Xbox's sales were declining hard, and with Sony coming off of a juggernaut generation in the Playstation 2, they rushed to market so they could have the market to themselves for a while. This time around, the next Xbox has been in development for much longer, and they're releasing it on their own time table without the urgency of improving on a previously mediocre generation.

I really don't care if their mp3 player has a history of durability when I'm buying a gaming console that was preceeded by a console that was prone to failure.

They put themselves in a position where I can't trust their quality control methods. Even if I attribute all their hardware woes to rushing a product in 2005, first fuck them for selling a poorly tested product and second shit was still fucking up many years later. The last time I heard outrageous failure numbers was something like 09. 4 years is more than enough time to get your shit together.

And for that I'll let others quality test their next console for me.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
People are going nuts on the defense in that thread. I can't even keep up, just scrolling for the images:

LrNA2MJ.png

iI6AVYwYLNdvC.gif

harSon

Banned
Renting games, and selling games I don't want anymore for new ones is how I played almost everything I wanted to this gen, fucking sucks these guys are trying to fuck it up so much.

I've always been a gamer that got by being broke by gaming a year or so behind everyone else. Fuck new releases. I wait for games to drop in price, buy 2 get 1 free deals, etc. And the only time I'd purchase a new release is if it had a MP component, and those are the type of games that I play for months to years (Like Halo), so I can personally justify paying full price for a game that I'm going to be playing hours upon hours. Otherwise, games I'm buying tend to cost $10-30.

DominoKid

there are people, customers, who are staunchly against buying used games. this mindset baffles me. i just need the game to work. idgaf about a case, or a booklet or how clean the disc is.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
If Sony follows suit I might be done with console gaming. There are a ton of games that due to popularity never really decrease in price much. Shit is getting way too greedy in this industry to sustain this kind of nickel and dime bull for very long.

harSon

Banned
I really don't care if their mp3 player has a history of durability when I'm buying a gaming console that was preceeded by a console that was prone to failure.

They put themselves in a position where I can't trust their quality control methods. Even if I attribute all their hardware woes to rushing a product in 2005, first fuck them for selling a poorly tested product and second shit was still fucking up many years later. The last time I heard outrageous failure numbers was something like 09. 4 years is more than enough time to get your shit together.

And for that I'll let others quality test their next console for me.

But Xbox 360 was literally their first foray into console development. The original Xbox was heavily outsourced and not really specialized in the sense that most home consoles are. It was basically a PC. So it's understandable (not acceptable) that a software company's first attempt at hardware, under a rushed timetable, would be complete horse shit in the build department. Personally, I've taken notice of their improvements in the last few years, and trust them considering every product I've own of theirs since has been great. But I can see why someone wouldn't. To each their own I suppose.

It's not a bad idea to be a late adopter though, but that goes for any hardware. Early adopters tend to get screwed over, regardless of the manufacturer.

Eh, even the slims have drive issues on the regular. MS has just been a disaster in terms of hardware. There's no way I trust their initial shipments until there is positive word about their reliability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom