• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
I have a soft spot for any sci fi movie that almost completely reimagines its world. I'm sort of sick of all of these high concept, near future science fiction films where sci fi in their definition is large television screens, hover vehicles and/or a widened rift between Upper and middle/lower class with an oppressive government somewhere in the narrative. I absolutely love it when sci fi movies are science fiction from head to toe.

I saw Riddick in theaters and it was great.I thought Vin Diesel would be bigger than he is.Seems like he only does Fast and The Furious and Riddick and then hibernates.

harSon

Banned
Fucking loved the shit outta that movie. Can't wait for the third one, but from the synopsis I've read it seems like it doesn't continue from where the second left off

In terms of tone, it's supposed to be situated between Pitch Black and Chronicles of Riddick, but probably closer to the former. Or at least that's what I remember reading a while back.

harSon

Banned
I saw Riddick in theaters and it was great.I thought Vin Diesel would be bigger than he is.Seems like he only does Fast and The Furious and Riddick and then hibernates.

Him and The Rock made the mistake of trying not to be type casted and pursuing relatively diverse rolls. I think they're starting to realize that there's good money in being type cast as an action star, considering that the genre is pretty barren outside of Jason Statham and the 80s geezer crew.

Onemic

The DVD version is so much better. A lot of added content that allows the story to make a lot more sense

In terms of tone, it's supposed to be situated between Pitch Black and Chronicles of Riddick, but probably closer to the former. Or at least that's what I remember reading a while back.

If you remember the end of CoR though, he was supposed to be the leader of a race of warriors. Not a fugitive on the run again.

harSon

Banned
The DVD version is so much better. A lot of added content that allows the story to make a lot more sense

If you remember the end of CoR though, he was supposed to be the leader of a race of warriors. Not a fugitive on the run again.

They'll probably gloss over it in the beginning and have a time skip or something. Unless the series is meant to be more episodic in nature, and the film's are only loosely tied together.

So this chick at work (My Colleague) asked me to buy her chocolates for Valentines..

I was like speakupson.gif?! You got a man, your man is supposed to play his part.

I ain't bout dat simp social-cuckold life, son.

My right hand treats me well, and all it asks for is lotion, and I know for fact she don't want to cheat.. she's blowing up that nigga's phone anytime we work together.

So this chick at work (My Colleague) asked me to buy her chocolates for Valentines..

I was like speakupson.gif?! You got a man, your man is supposed to play his part.

My right hand treats me well, and all it asks for is lotion, and I know for fact she don't want to cheat.. she's blowing up that nigga's phone anytime we work together.

I would have done one of these.

Zjwo4.gif

The hell.

Speaking of Valentine's Day, is there anything wrong with not celebrating it? I told some of my aunts and uncles I never eeeeeeever plan on celebrating it and they looked at me like I poisoned their food.

Speaking of Valentine's Day, is there anything wrong with not celebrating it? I told some of my aunts and uncles I never eeeeeeever plan on celebrating it and they looked at me like I poisoned their food.

Nope. In fact you're better off going to dinner some other night so you run into less bullshit.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I won't be able to simp this year because my binder is empty. Feels good, man.

Gorillaz

Yea I ain't sweating V day this year either. The one chick I could hook up with has been complaining and getting all mopey about her family and her sisters and shit.....Don't think I could deal with that on a date even if it leads up to "something" later on. So fuck it.

Slayven

How she look? Rank on a scale of 1 to 10 Devos.

ReiGun

The Art of Rap is a great documentary. I'm not even a big hiphop fan, but I loved seeing a movie all about the craft of rapping. Hearing artists describes their creative processes, how they developed their styles, and their inspirations made for some real important insights. Insights, I think, tend to be missing from a lot of pieces on rap and hip hop.

Can anyone recommend anything this movie?

How she look? Rank on a scale of 1 to 10 Devos.

Is this the official Black-Gaf scale?

Slayven

The Art of Rap is a great documentary. I'm not even a big hiphop fan, but I loved seeing a movie all about the craft of rapping. Hearing artists describes their creative processes, how they developed their styles, and their inspirations made for some real important insights. Insights, I think, tend to be missing from a lot of pieces on rap and hip hop.

it should be.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

The MC was pretty good as well.

This is the Ice-T documentary right ? I haven't gotten around to watching it yet heard it had some big name rappers.

Gorillaz

I stay out of the Hip Hop thread specifically to avoid baseless insults to my man Cudi. MOTM and MOTM2 were both dope.
Lol I personally cant keep up with alot of music /artist nowadays but I still look through the thread from time to time to see anything new dropped.

Also I liked MOTM 1 alot. 2 is a mixed bag for me.

No it really isn't.

It had potential but ended being superficial. To much time was spent on interviews that lacked any substance. They seemed to focused on talking to everybody from everywhere rather then focusing on a few key people and having a in depth discussion.

It was more entertaining than insightful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom