• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

besada

Banned
i'll be 31 this tuesday

enjoy your 20's while they last, they fucking fly after 25

Wait until you get to your forties.
kLzZ72z.gif

RP912

Banned
how many people got jobs involving the shit they majored in, is the real question

sighs :/

one internship, a job that closed down after 3 months, and a former part time position where I was getting paid less than full time mcdonalds employees.

The IT industry is buttcheeks sometimes :/

KumaJG

My only regret with College is I wish I picked Math as a major instead of electrical engineering. I was a math tutor for 3.5 years throughout my college years too.

how many people got jobs involving the shit they majored in, is the real question

:(

Random note, but just gonna take a moment to plug Eneloop rechargeable batteries. I've used rechargeable batteries in the past (namely Radioshack branded) but these motherfuckers last forever. If anyone's in the market for them, definitely check it out.

Silky

Banned
I just finished my first quarter in my first year of university, so I'm new to the college thing. I don't even know what I wanted to major in. Like Beef, originally I was doing journalism but that was because I wanted to be a reporter. But I'm unsure. I'll keep pursuing writing to fall back on but I think I'm gonna go for something in culinary arts.

x Misogi

Got a job related-ish to my major about 6 months after graduating. Its not directly related to what I want to do so I'm on the search for a new one.

Purdue '12

jWILL253

Banned
The great Angela Davis is in town this weekend for the Race & Pedagogy conference at the University of Puget Sound. That is a very powerful and influential person, let me tell you.

It was an honor to see and hear her speak.

jWILL253

Banned
Did you get to talk to her?

After she gave her speech, they held an open mic for questions. I asked her if she had any advice for the youth and young adults like me who feel a sense of isolation and futility when we suffer from the effects of racism. She answered by saying we have to organize, and work together as there is no such thing as individual hope (unless you're a capitalist, or have capitalist desires), but also focus on bettering one's self.

I wish more people got a chance to see her speak, but the only people that were there were community groups, city/county/state employees and UPS students that could afford it... a former civil rights leader, professor, and former Black Panther comes in town to speak in front of us, and UPS charges $230 for the opportunity, smh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom