• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

akira28

she was a cute pup. I'm sorry for your loss Mumei.

edit:
Looks like a happy pup too. I know she was happy to have caring providers and a loving home.

Mortemis

Banned
:(

I had to say goodbye to my dog tonight. We had her for fourteen years. I'm less devastated than I might have been if this were a surprise, but I'm still feeling pretty shitty.

Two pictures from a walk in April:

Those are some really cute pups. Sorry to hear that. :(

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Sunhi at it again:

50centlol5aq1q.gif

ishibear

is a goddamn bear

I had to say goodbye to my dog tonight. We had her for fourteen years. I'm less devastated than I might have been if this were a surprise, but I'm still feeling pretty shitty.

Two pictures from a walk in April

I'm so sorry for your loss. I had to put one of my dogs to sleep last year. It's hard to let someone (in this case a pet) go after they've been in your life for so many years.

Take it easy.

Kraftwerk

Very sorry for your loss. Never easy, and remember the good times. And know that she loved you too, and was glad to have you in her life.

DominoKid

wow so Nicki couldn't even use the best footage from the kitchen scene because it was too explicit. somebody needs to liberate that footage.

J10

Banned
wow so Nicki couldn't even use the best footage from the kitchen scene because it was too explicit. somebody needs to liberate that footage.

Her eating a banana and spraying whipped cream all over her chest was suggestive enough. We got it.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus

What makes you think I haven't seen Black Lagoon? I have!
Sorry, Mumei. I was pretty wrecked when we lost our boxer 2 years ago. Heart attack out of nowhere at 5 years old. Sucks.

It's so damn linear and it's really bad at taking your mind off the fact that you're following a very narrow path + all the collecting is tiresome...that opening QTE-a-thon was just as bad as I remembered. Only got to 9% before I exited.

Nick Cannon got it made. He must just be a cool person to be around & work with because he's not really funny. He's not a good actor or a good artist either. But he'll always have a job cause you can trust him to not go off script and fuck up the money.

Nick Cannon is aiming for dat spot Seacrest got from Dick Clark. he even said so himself. it's not a secret.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I'm sorry to hear this. Dogs are so special. :(

I have learned through GAF that nothing is really racist and that there is another problem at play. Unless a person specifically states "I hate niggers, and by niggers I mean black people. I felt the need to kill this person(s) because they are niggers" then chances are high the mental cartwheels will kick in and many people will feel the need to make an argument that hey that person isn't racist. What is wrong with them is that they're mentally ill, and this incident speaks more on how horrible our mental healthcare system is in America. It seems like being labeled a racist is the absolute worse thing that can ascribed to a person, regardless of what that person did. The person could have went on a shooting spree (Elliot Rodgers) and you can call him a killer, but the minute you call him a racist, you have crossed the fucking line.

I have learned through GAF that nothing is really racist and that there is another problem at play. Unless a person specifically states "I hate niggers, and by niggers I mean black people. I felt the need to kill this person(s) because they are niggers" then chances are high the mental cartwheels will kick in and many people will feel the need to make an argument that hey that person isn't racist. What is wrong with them is that they're mentally ill, and this incident speaks more on how horrible our mental healthcare system is in America. It seems like being labeled a racist is the absolute worse thing that can ascribed to a person, regardless of what that person did. The person could have went on a shooting spree (Elliot Rodgers) and you can call him a killer, but the minute you call him a racist, you have crossed the fucking line.

I didn't realize mental illness or stress or old age excused exhibiting racist attitude and behaviours

akira28

the minute you call him a racist, you have crossed the fucking line.

That's just too personal a judgement and none of us here are qualified to give it. If the man killed someone, you can objectively call him a murderer. But if you call him racist, you're claiming to know his heart, and no one can do that but God.

Stop playing God you race-baiting, race card playing, racists.

SmokyDave

I didn't realize mental illness or stress or old age excused exhibiting racist attitude and behaviours
I'm still not entirely clear why that's assumed to be the case. It's possible to racist and mental. It's possible to have a mental illness that drives you to do things others wouldn't, whilst also choosing your target based on your racist beliefs.

I feel like sometimes people just shout past each other.

I'm still not entirely clear why that's assumed to be the case. It's possible to racist and mental. It's possible to have a mental illness that drives you to do things others wouldn't, whilst also choosing your target based on your racist beliefs.

I feel like sometimes people just shout past each other.

I agree and, to me, its why its so surprising that defense keeps getting used. That distinction is rarely if ever used, basically, poor mental health is the sole reason why he did racist things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom