• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHZ Mayor

Bill Bellamy came into my store a few minutes ago. When he left, some of my younger coworkers were asking who he was. Did he fall off that bad? Making me feel Slayven old, damn.

Has he done ANYTHING since Cousin Skeeter? Like at all? They're probably too young to even remember How to Be a Player. And probably weren't even born when he was an MTV VJ.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bvq0ucKIUAAfZn0.jpg

I will be 100% honest here.

I would have no idea what to do or how to start.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well dude was really on for a hot minute and had one bullshit movie. He was and still terrible, he gets a standup comedy show on bounce or centric or some shit.

What did he buy??

I'll defend How To Be A Player until my dying day, but Bellamy is garbage now. A stand-up of his, in -2013- has jokes about internet chat rooms. Chat rooms.

BHZ Mayor

I got one felony
I got two felonies
I got three felonies
I got four felonies
I got five felonies
I got six felonies
I got seven felonies
Bitch I'm Bill Bellamy

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you guys would like to talk about the Shakespearian potential of Phat Beach, I'll gladly dive in with you.

Malyse

Season 3 is over? I haven't watched a single episode since it went off air, time to watch it all I guess.

They intentionally burned through it. Two episodes a week for like almost every week.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...down-three-warrants-a-year-per-household.html

FERGUSON FEEDS OFF THE POOR: THREE WARRANTS A YEAR PER HOUSEHOLD said:
A report issued just last week by the nonprofit lawyer’s group ArchCity Defenders notes that in the court’s 36 three-hour sessions in 2013, it handled 12,108 cases and 24,532 warrants. That is an average of 1.5 cases and three warrants per Ferguson household. Fines and court fees for the year in this city of just 21,000 people totaled $2,635,400.

The sum made the municipal court the city’s second-biggest source of revenue. It also almost certainly was a major factor in the antagonism between the police and the citizenry preceding the tragedy that resulted when Wilson had another encounter with a subject six months after he got his commendation.

And any complete investigation into how Michael Brown came to be sprawled dead in the street with a half-dozen bullet wounds must consider not just the cop but the system he served, a system whose primary components include a minor court that generates major money, much of it from poor and working people.

I am of the opinion that Ferguson doesn't need to exist any more. Dissolve it into the surrounding area and fire all the cops and elected leaders.

Idk. It seems like no matter where I look, whether it's in public, on the internet, whatever, all I see is White people mostly siding with the police while managing to dehumanize Brown and any other victims of police brutality, while a few good honest White folks fighting the good fight are the minority.

Hell, I live in one of the most liberal states in the nation, second only to California and Colorado, and I recently participated in a local protest for Ferguson in Tacoma. And yet, all I see when I read about it is a bunch of comments about how Brown is a thug and we need to get all the facts and shit.
American media in particular seems to have an agenda that specifically involves showing off the upsetting opinions of white dudes, but the rest of the world could decidedly do better as well. I do my best to always think about my privilege. My sizeable experience of white dudes leads me to think that far too many are either fundamentally awful or fundamentally clueless. It's sad.

Not saying I condone 'active' hate of white people, but it sure seems justified to me sometimes.

Beef with the up charge. Bet that will pay off your Sonic Boom preorder.

You know it was probably Sonic Heroes.

Made a JC Freeman coli face for all your classy trolling needs:

UqjjtZp.png

let me know if you want me to take this down JC

Pure brilliance.

Spinluck

Went to Publix after donating blood to buy a Gatorade pack (light green is the best one).

Ended up going to the deli to buy some of their fried chicken too (Publix>>>Popeye's>>>>>>KFC). I had to ask buddy "do they come in more than an 8 piece."

How much does this set us back? Sorry in advanced fellas.

Slayven

Went to Publix after donating blood to buy a Gatorade pack (light green is the best one).

Ended up going to the deli to buy some of their fried chicken too (Publix>>>Popeye's>>>>>>KFC). I had to ask buddy "do they come in more than an 8 piece."

Deli freiend chicken is crazy. Too many people sleep on it.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Finished watching The Legend of Korra season 3 finale. dont know how to respond to it.

I thought it was really good.

First ending without some random solution that came entirely out of nowhere at the last minute.

BHZ Mayor

I want to get a controversial hashtag started. #IHateBlackPeopleBecause

I'd like to think that most racists have never actually thought about why they're racist. I think it's just something they've been taught or indoctrinated in and they've never actually questioned it. I'm curious if someone could give an answer other some talking point like "they're thugs" or "they want handouts" when presented with the question of why they're racist or hold racist views and beliefs. The "closest" thing I could think of to being "reasonable" would be something like "black people killed my dad" or something like that, and we all know that's still not an excuse.

I honestly believe that at least one person could change if they actually had to sit and really think about why they would hate someone based on their skin color.

Only thing is, I have no idea how I would get something like that started.

Saw this in SmashGAF

tumblr_mwb6h1H82a1s02vreo1_400.gif

:lol

Publix is the shit, I'm gonna miss it once I go to bootcamp. One of Florida's few high points. Their deli sandwiches are really good, too. I'll usually get these Asian Salad Zest sort of combos where the sandwich is wheat with turkey and no cheese, cucumber, banana pepper, green pepper, lettuce, tomato, vinegar and then pepper. It's a really good mix of spicy / zesty / acidic or whatever and moist. You usually have to eat it then and there because it'll end up soaking the bread otherwise, though.

My town's laid out where if I'm ever feeling a certain kind of way I'll get one of those, drive down to Starbucks and get some of their chips and eat it there.

I actually had a similar story where two times to Popeye's ago I got a three-piece and ended up regretting it because I was hungry enough for a five-piece in the end. I drowned my sorrows in struggle protein shake later that night.

Silky

Banned

Actually store-bought fried chicken is pretty good, I can't fault them on it. Working at a walmart for so long made me realize it.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Saw the composers for Smash Bros Wii-U.

....lord Yuzo Koshiro is doing the arrangement supervision...

The music is much better on the selections weve heard thus far, than all of brawls music. One of the biggest disappointments of the game

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Season 3 is over? I haven't watched a single episode since it went off air, time to watch it all I guess.

Shit was real.

Really real.

edit: and yal take clear and obvious dumbasses way too seriously. ffs

Shit was real.

Really real.

edit: and yal take clear and obvious dumbasses way too seriously. ffs

Man, in my lurking I was getting really worried I was gonna come across a 'DY permabanned' post. :( Good to see it didn't happen.

That reminds me I have to go back and see what happened to Wynnebeck's lab partner...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom